February 2021 Mummies :) 2nd Trimester

My son was 7lbs born at 36+6...he was on 60th centile and apparently this baby is a very average size. But I only time will tell! X
Oh he was quite early wasn’t he! In your experience do you think big bump does mean big baby? :think:

Oh he was quite early wasn’t he! In your experience do you think big bump does mean big baby? :think:
No, not necessarily. I've had a lady with a really average size bump whose baby was 10lb 13oz and another who was massive and her baby was below 8lbs. A lot of it is to do with muscle tone, amount of fluids etc. I had one lady who I was tempted to refer for a growth scan because she always looked so small and her baby was 8lb11!! Midwives at the hospital couldn't believe it, they also predicted around 7lbs so...... there is no 100% telling! Even the scans are wrong half the time x

No, not necessarily. I've had a lady with a really average size bump whose baby was 10lb 13oz and another who was massive and her baby was below 8lbs. A lot of it is to do with muscle tone, amount of fluids etc. I had one lady who I was tempted to refer for a growth scan because she always looked so small and her baby was 8lb11!! Midwives at the hospital couldn't believe it, they also predicted around 7lbs so...... there is no 100% telling! Even the scans are wrong half the time x
Thank you, that’s made me feel better, it’s great having somone with experience on here to put my overactive mind at rest :smile:

I can’t believe how fast it is going now! Seems to be flying by!

My dad is doing the nursery for me today... omg things becoming sooooooo real!!! Xx

I can’t believe how fast it is going now! Seems to be flying by!

My dad is doing the nursery for me today... omg things becoming sooooooo real!!! Xx
We are heading to 3rd trimester now.....i feel so unprepared only bought a few outfits nothing else. I am so lazy to go out shopping for this baby.

Hi ladies, I hope your all ok. Sorry I have been abit quiet on here been rather worried and stressed as I have tested postive with this horrible covid virus and been so worry about my little one and unborn baby. But I hope your all taking care and pregnancy is going well. Xx

Hi ladies, I hope your all ok. Sorry I have been abit quiet on here been rather worried and stressed as I have tested postive with this horrible covid virus and been so worry about my little one and unborn baby. But I hope your all taking care and pregnancy is going well. Xx
Oh no, how are you feeling?? What has your advise been regarding the baby etc then? X

Oh no sorry to hear that, hope you aren’t feeling too grotty with it. Such a scary time with it running wild at the moment x

Zara that's not good - rest up and take care. Keep any temps down with paracetamol and I hope you're feeling better really soon x

Oh no, how are you feeling?? What has your advise been regarding the baby etc then? X
I'm feeling much better today back to myself near enough and to be honest the advice hadnt been to well I spoke to midwifery team they said there not been much research so just keep an eye on movement and that they have moms with covid and baby has been fine. My 9 month old is fine and had no symptoms she had a little cough but shes all fine and well now. Thank you xxx

Oh no sorry to hear that, hope you aren’t feeling too grotty with it. Such a scary time with it running wild at the moment x
I havent been to bad with it I am one of the lucky ones I think my symptoms wasn't as bad as what some people have. Very scary time. Xx

Zara that's not good - rest up and take care. Keep any temps down with paracetamol and I hope you're feeling better really soon x
Thank you and I am feeling much better today thank you xxx

Well I decided it would be a great idea to make the most of the winter sun and go on a 5k walk. WRONG. Can barely move now :cry: enjoyed it at the time though lol!
Ticking down merrily to 3rd tri now ladies :faint: x

Well I decided it would be a great idea to make the most of the winter sun and go on a 5k walk. WRONG. Can barely move now :cry: enjoyed it at the time though lol!
Ticking down merrily to 3rd tri now ladies :faint: x
5k Well done!! When does 3rd tri start 28 weeks??

I know!! Yet first tri seemed to last a flipping eternity! X

Hey everyone!
Sounds scary having covid whilst pregnant but my friend also has it who’s due the day after me and she has been told they want to do more regular growth scans on the baby but up to now she just feels achy and cold symptoms so fingers crossed it doesn’t get worse than that.
I cannot believe in less than two weeks we’ll be in the third trimester! Crazy!!!
The first trimester went sooooooo slow! I have my next scan on 23rd December to see if my placenta has moved - praying it has so I can have natural birth but can’t do anything about it so trying not to worry xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back