~ February 2017 yummy mummies - 2nd trimester ~

Kimmy great news about the lack of weight gain. I gained that amount too and felt horrible when it didnt shift. So i feel your joy.
Happy bday to your daughter too! What will the age gap be?

How's everyone coping with the heat? I like it but took my girls to the pop up beach at the olympic park the other day and omg it was so hot and busy. Nothing quite beats a real beach with fresh sea air does it??

Has anyone found out the gender yet or had their next appointments?

btw has anyone else seen this viral post?

http://www.scarymommy.com/photo-mom-clutching-firstborn-goes-viral/

It pretty much captures my exact emotions the day before my second girlie was born. I always felt a bit of anxiety throughout the pregnancy about our bond being broken and how she would react to sharing us with another little baby but when i knew my youngest was about to be delivered I was a sobbing mess! Of course a sister was the greatest gift we ever could've given her as they get along so well and adore each other and my eldest cant ever remember being an only child and i cant imagine life with just one child. However this post still brought all those raw emotions back!!

Last edited:
btw has anyone else seen this viral post?

http://www.scarymommy.com/photo-mom-clutching-firstborn-goes-viral/

It pretty much captures my exact emotions the day before my second girlie was born. I always felt a bit of anxiety throughout the pregnancy about our bond being broken and how she would react to sharing us with another little baby but when i knew my youngest was about to be delivered I was a sobbing mess! Of course a sister was the greatest gift we ever could've given her as they get along so well and adore each other and my eldest cant ever remember being an only child and i cant imagine life with just one child. However this post still brought all those raw emotions back!!

This is me!! I am so scared of having number 2 as our life is perfect right now and so worried how it's going to change and how my little girl will be. I feel like I should be more excited but so anxious about it all

Too quiet on this thread
I'm 16 week tomorrow hoping I'll feel something soon but I know as its my first I'll probably not know what I'm meant to feel! Find out on Wednesday what I'm having due to private scan I'm so excited!
Hope your all enjoying second trimester!

Too quiet on this thread
I'm 16 week tomorrow hoping I'll feel something soon but I know as its my first I'll probably not know what I'm meant to feel! Find out on Wednesday what I'm having due to private scan I'm so excited!

Ooohh good luck for your scan on Wed! How exciting! With your first dont be surprised if you dont feel any movements until after 20 odd weeks. I know I did with my first.

Good luck for the scan tomorrow, how exciting!

I cannot believe how quickly this is all going. Those due at the beginning of Feb are already 18 weeks!

Too quiet on this thread

Good luck with the scan today!! So exciting that you're finding out today. I have a few more weeks to go until my 20 wk scan. I'm 17+3 days now and have my first antenatal diabetes test this morning. Takes a few hours apparently and have to fast until it's over. Hoping all is ok.

Good luck Sheena! Is that the one with the sugary drink? I had to have this the last two times and having it again at 27 weeks. Make sure yoi have a salty snack ready for as soon as its done as it can make you feel quite nauseous by the end.

Good luck Beth for your scan and also to Sheena for the diabetes test.

It's so quiet on the forum these days...

I have midwife appt next week and then my hubby is taking me to Kefalonia for our wedding anniversary... so looking forward to the break!

I still haven't received my scan appt, so hope I haven't been forgotten about - has everyone got theirs already?

Hope everyone is okay and charging ahead in tri 2 :)

Good luck Sheena! Is that the one with the sugary drink? I had to have this the last two times and having it again at 27 weeks. Make sure yoi have a salty snack ready for as soon as its done as it can make you feel quite nauseous by the end.

Yes that's the test. Took 3 hours in total! I'll find out in a week or so but have a feeling it will come back positive.

Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well. Today was the first day i didn't take any anti sickness tablets and have felt fine for the first time in over 10 weeks so I'm over the moon! Had a mw appt today and heard babies heartbeat, he kept kicking the dopler everytime she pushed it into my stomach!

Hey everyone, hope you're all doing well. Today was the first day i didn't take any anti sickness tablets and have felt fine for the first time in over 10 weeks so I'm over the moon! Had a mw appt today and heard babies heartbeat, he kept kicking the dopler everytime she pushed it into my stomach!

Oooh thats wonderful news hun! Im glad you are finally over the sickness. So lovely got to hear babies heartbeat too. My MW appointment is next Thurs. xx

Had my gender scan my little peanut was misbehaving so unable to get a clear
Shot the lady was heading towards girl but she's offered for us to go back in 1 week for free to have another look I don't mind just means I get to see them again!

You have a cheeky little baby there Bethany! How lucky you get to see it again though and then again for the 20 week scan!

I had my midwife appt yesterday and all was good and I apparently tested positive for having had toxo at some point in my life so it means i can have things like parma ham. Ive been missing that more than anything including alcohol so Im over the moon! Got to hear babys heartbeat too which was good!

Last edited:
The things I'd do to have some deli meat! Just made curry for tea then didn't fancy it when it was done so I've just had boiled rice instead isn't it crazy!
Yes very naughty indeed

Had my gender scan my little peanut was misbehaving so unable to get a clear
Shot the lady was heading towards girl but she's offered for us to go back in 1 week for free to have another look I don't mind just means I get to see them again!

Sorry to hear peanut was misbehaving, but great you least get another scan next week. Exciting! Xx

That's a shame you didn't find out for definate but bonus that you get another scan and to see baby again! With my first they couldn't get all the measurements at my 20week scan because she was being naughty so had to have another scan at 21 weeks!

Glad to see everyone else is doing well and appointments are all going to plan!

Is very quite on this thread compared to the thread when I was pregnant with my lg!

Hi Ladies, what is everyone going to do for winter coats this year? I need to get a new one, but not sure what to do as I'll be using it when I'm at my biggest! I feel the cold easily so usually am well bundled up. Any recommendations would be gratefully received.

i got the 3 in 1 verbaudet one. It has a draw string so you can make it bigger as you grow. Then it has a panel you can zip into it for when baby is here as I plan to use the baby carrier a lot. Its usually pricey at £100 but i got it on offer for £25. It goes on offer every now and then. Ive not yet used it so can't say how warm/hot it is etc but its classed as a parker so may not be the warmest but you do get super hot at your biggest so that might be a good thing..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back