~ February 2017 yummy mummies - 2nd trimester ~

Congratulations on your pink bump Bethany!

Hopw everything is ok Tigress!x

Thank you!
She's very beautiful but I am biased

Aww she's a beaut! I can't wait to find out...another 9 more days to go. My guts telling me it's a boy.

My mw said the same as you, I have to wait until my next app to hear heartbeat. But I have a Doppler and have managed to find babies heartbeat a few weeks ago. Haven't used it since as I don't want to do any harm.

My diabetes test came back negative which I'm happy about. I have another test in Nov so hoping it stays the same.

I did have a funny spell yday, I had blurred vision and was seeing spots like someone had shone a light in my face. I got sent home from work and I spoke to the mw. She asked lots of Qs and said if it happens again come straight in. Has this happened to any of you? I was a little freaked out.

Hoping all is ok, I think I started feeling baby moving last week, when I put my hand on belly I can feel a rolling sensation. Hoping that is baby!

Congratulations on your pink bump Bethany!

Hopw everything is ok Tigress!x

Thank you!

She's very beautiful but I am biased

Aww she's a beaut! I can't wait to find out...another 9 more days to go. My guts telling me it's a boy.

My mw said the same as you, I have to wait until my next app to hear heartbeat. But I have a Doppler and have managed to find babies heartbeat a few weeks ago. Haven't used it since as I don't want to do any harm.

My diabetes test came back negative which I'm happy about. I have another test in Nov so hoping it stays the same.

I did have a funny spell yday, I had blurred vision and was seeing spots like someone had shone a light in my face. I got sent home from work and I spoke to the mw. She asked lots of Qs and said if it happens again come straight in. Has this happened to any of you? I was a little freaked out.

Hoping all is ok, I think I started feeling baby moving last week, when I put my hand on belly I can feel a rolling sensation. Hoping that is baby!

Yeah I had this in my first pregnancy around this time and would need to sit down. Usually happened when been stood in one spot too long or if it was warm. It passed. Xx

i get this too sheena. Not necessarily the spots but i can feel so weak and get really sweaty. Like luratraloora its normally if im standing still for ages or if im in a place with low oxygen like a shopping centre. It happened yesterday and i had to sit on a bench and eat my 2 year olds entire snack box to feel better.

Hi ladies! So I had my 20 week scan today! Was very excited as you can imagine but I wasn't really impressed with the sonographer. She struggled to get a good view but it looked like she got all the readings she needed. She wasn't very vocal about what she was doing and didn't put me at ease. She didn't even get a good pic of baby so I'm really disappointed.

She asked if we wanted to know the gender and we did. She again looked like she was struggling but said it was a boy. My gut was telling me it was a boy so I'm really happy however I have no confidence that she got it right. So I'm having a private scan on Saturday to double check. She didn't even get babies length, I asked her what it was and she said they don't check it on this scan and on average it's 25 cm.I'im hoping all is ok as I asked if everything was ok with baby and she said "as ok as we can say" not the answer I was hoping for!

Hope everyone else's experience is better than mine. xx

Hi ladies! So I had my 20 week scan today! Was very excited as you can imagine but I wasn't really impressed with the sonographer. She struggled to get a good view but it looked like she got all the readings she needed. She wasn't very vocal about what she was doing and didn't put me at ease. She didn't even get a good pic of baby so I'm really disappointed.

She asked if we wanted to know the gender and we did. She again looked like she was struggling but said it was a boy. My gut was telling me it was a boy so I'm really happy however I have no confidence that she got it right. So I'm having a private scan on Saturday to double check. She didn't even get babies length, I asked her what it was and she said they don't check it on this scan and on average it's 25 cm.I'im hoping all is ok as I asked if everything was ok with baby and she said "as ok as we can say" not the answer I was hoping for!

Hope everyone else's experience is better than mine. xx

How odd. I thought the 20 week scan was usually the most detailed of all.

I haven't had mine yet so can't compare but I did have a preliminary anatomy scan by a gynecologist at 16 weeks. She did measure the length, head circumference and all that stuff. She couldn't tell the gender (but also didn't focus on it) as the baby was kicking and moving like crazy.

We went for a private scan as we couldn't wait for the next anatomy scan (21 weeks due to scheduling issues) and found out that we were having a girl.

Sheena, thats pretty much been my experienxe of the 20 week scan in my other pregnancies. Though Im sure height was measured! In particular leg bones. They also measure the tummy and head I think. Though unless there's something wrong they dont really say anything much and my experience is that they always always say things like 'theyre as healthy as can be' because not everything can be captured at this scan and it's just covering themselves. Though a bit of personality doesn't go a miss...second time the sonographer didnt say much about the baby but tried his best to get a good pic!

But Im glad everything went well!! I have mine on Monday and am so nervous!xxx

Hey everyone, hope you're all ok. My bump is definitely coming along now and I think (fingers crossed) that the sickness had almost gone at last! Feeling sorry for myself today though as I have a rotten cold and sore throat and can't take anything for it. Got my 20 week scan on Mon and can't wait

Hi! My bump is coming on too! Not had many symptoms and I felt them move for the first time last night it was amazing! Got my 20 week scan on 28th counting down the days! Hope your all okay

58510cd13af3bed0438c2dafa0442b05.jpg

This is my 19 week bump

You look amazing lura!
I feel like I still look like a podge but ill try and get a bump shot soon. Im loving the kicks im getting at the mo. Some days its reallly quiet and other days its really lively. Cant wait till they're more regular!x

Good luck Bethany!
I had mine today and all is well. However I have 2 placentas?!?! Apparently it can happen, only one is attached to the baby, the other is just there. I asked if it couldve been a twin pregnancy and she said not necessarily....weird. I've text my midwife to see what she thinks. Baby was all healthy and measuring a few days ahead.

Last edited:
Good luck for your scan Bethany! I got mine on Friday at 8:50. Ive just been getting over a bout of bad constipation, on Sunday I was in agony to the point I had to in to pregnancy assessment unit as they thoug9ht it might be prem-labour, thankfully not!

Glad to hear everythin8g went well with your scan babybee. Verg strange about the 2 placentas never heard of that before.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi everyone, how are you all?

I never received my scan appt so I called the ultrasound unit when I got back from holiday and they had forgotten to book me in - how lovely of them?! So I'm now booked in for 10th Oct when I'll be coming up to 22 weeks.

The last few days I have felt the odd movement and this morning on the train into work the baby was moving so much. I think I'm getting used to it but I still stop whatever I'm doing when I feel it, because it does feel so strange.

Hi everyone, how are you all?

I never received my scan appt so I called the ultrasound unit when I got back from holiday and they had forgotten to book me in - how lovely of them?! So I'm now booked in for 10th Oct when I'll be coming up to 22 weeks.

The last few days I have felt the odd movement and this morning on the train into work the baby was moving so much. I think I'm getting used to it but I still stop whatever I'm doing when I feel it, because it does feel so strange.

I'm exactly the same haha feels so strange doesn't it!

I can feel it moving quite a bit now. I love it!

Last edited:
Hi ladies how are you all ? Looks like everyone is having their 20 week scan ! Exciting that we are half way through.

I went for my 20 week scan last week. My little tot was asleep and not moving and the sonographer was quite impatient. She then sent me off to have a drink lucazade and move around and then come back to see her. So I had the sugary drink and wrong back, baby had turned around. She took all measurements except for chest measurements. She said baby's position did not let her complete that ! Anyway all is well and I am going back for another scan this Friday. Hoping they will get all the measurements.

I am Hoping to see my baby more active this time. I was asked to take lucazade before I go in.

As far as movements this is my first pregnancy, so not sure what to expect. I found feel slight flutters at times, bug nothing more. I was also told my placenta is in the front so I may feel less, anybody heard of that before ?

So that's my experience so far.. Happy but a little anxious too ! Good luck everyone

Hi ladies how are you all ? Looks like everyone is having their 20 week scan ! Exciting that we are half way through.

I went for my 20 week scan last week. My little tot was asleep and not moving and the sonographer was quite impatient. She then sent me off to have a drink lucazade and move around and then come back to see her. So I had the sugary drink and wrong back, baby had turned around. She took all measurements except for chest measurements. She said baby's position did not let her complete that ! Anyway all is well and I am going back for another scan this Friday. Hoping they will get all the measurements.

I am Hoping to see my baby more active this time. I was asked to take lucazade before I go in.

As far as movements this is my first pregnancy, so not sure what to expect. I found feel slight flutters at times, bug nothing more. I was also told my placenta is in the front so I may feel less, anybody heard of that before ?

So that's my experience so far.. Happy but a little anxious too ! Good luck everyone

Hi Prash!

I also have an anterior placenta so it's at the front. I'm pretty sure I felt baby kick today but will have to wait and see if it happens again.

My experience at my 20 scan wasn't great as you may have read in my earlier post. We went for a private scan on Saturday and it was amazing. Got some great pics and they confirmed we are having a boy.

Just over 18 weeks to go....sounds crazy now it's past the half way point.

Getting bigger now, need to get some more mat clothes for work.

Sheena - sounds great, I am glad to hear you pleased about your private scan. I know the feeling when a scan doesn't feel satisfactory. Congrats on finding out its a boy !

I went for a scan again today, was a good one. Got a good picture of baby's lovely feet and toes :) I feel a lot relieved to have crossed half way point now. Starting 23 weeks today. I am getting bigger too...

Lura - you look amazing nice bump !

Excited for all you lovely girls

So pleased all the scans and rescans went well and the experience was much better.
I had a nightmare day yesterday as I fell down my staircase whilst holding my youngest daughter. She was fine but i really banged my bum and lower back. Triage said to go straight in so once I had childcare I went in and they monitored me for a few hours and checked the baby, my reflexes and strength then a delightful internal exam. The main thing was that all was well and healthy with both the baby and me. I was so annoyed with myself!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back