♡ October 2020 Mummies ♡

My husband drives me mad too. I’m currently annoyed with him for not taking a half day off work so I can go to my hospital appointment (mum was meant to watch baby but something came up). I have to reschedule now so probably won’t see the midwives for another 2-3 weeks, which at the end of pregnancy is a long time!

Anyone else still waiting for their MAT B1 form? I haven't been offered the whooping cough vaccine yet either...I feel like my antenatal care has been a bit average this time round with everything going on with Covid...x

Anyone else still waiting for their MAT B1 form? I haven't been offered the whooping cough vaccine yet either...I feel like my antenatal care has been a bit average this time round with everything going on with Covid...x
No I asked for mine when I had my telephone app at 24 weeks as I needed it for work and she posted it to me. And my whooping cough I had to organise myself with my doctors surgery. I've been really unimpressed to be honest, just about to leave for my 32 week and I've got a new midwife who I don't know as my original has retired!

@kj1 I was the same had to organise my whooping cough through doctors. Got my form a while ago though.

@Natalie8964 hope your appointment goes well x

Still unimpressed. Didn't like this midwife at all, but see her again in 2 weeks and will be someone different after that! When I explained I wanted to go to a different hospital with a midwife led unit she had a bad attitude. She wanted to know why I wasn't planning to go to the local hospital and was adamant that I would not receive better care and basically tried to change my mind but not in a helpful way at all. Really bugged me to be honest! I can choose wherever I want!

But baby is fine, measuing 33cm fundal height which is on the bigger side but she wasn't concerned. Baby is also head down in the position I thought they were so happy with that!

Still unimpressed. Didn't like this midwife at all, but see her again in 2 weeks and will be someone different after that! When I explained I wanted to go to a different hospital with a midwife led unit she had a bad attitude. She wanted to know why I wasn't planning to go to the local hospital and was adamant that I would not receive better care and basically tried to change my mind but not in a helpful way at all. Really bugged me to be honest! I can choose wherever I want!

But baby is fine, measuing 33cm fundal height which is on the bigger side but she wasn't concerned. Baby is also head down in the position I thought they were so happy with that!

Blimey you poor thing, you’ve had a real rough ride with your care!
Look at the positives though baby sounds like it’s doing really well x

I phoned the GP to sort out my whooping cough vaccine too @kj1 and I asked for my mat B1 form at my last midwife appointment.

@Natalie8964 Ive had the same midwife in both my pregnancies who I like and it’s easier when they know you but she always seems to be on leave or swapping shifts so I always see different ones which is a bit crap!

Our hospital has a midwife led unit but only has 4 rooms and they were full last time! Fingers crossed for this time!

I totally understand that things can change and especially with covid I'm super aware that my plan might not be going the way I want it. But she was just very unhelpful and seemed almost offended I wasn't planning on using the local hospital lol! Nevermind. Just glad baby is OK even if I've got mental images of a giant baby coming out of me haha

I’ve never seen the same midwife twice! It’s annoying because every single appointment I have to explain how my last birth went and how I plan to feed baby this time. Surely there’s a chart with that info on it somewhere..

I’m measuring one week ahead too! I am a bit scared baby will be massive as I was always 2-4 weeks behind with baby 1.

I’m measuring a week ahead too :) I’m not concerned, my son was apparently measuring 90th centile at 32 weeks and he was born 7lb 9 at 41+3 so not sure how accurate they are!

Is anyone else having back ache? I googled it, scared the life out of me! So rang the day unit just to double check, obviously with everything else that’s been going on with me just wanted to check. Well she reacted like she thought I was mad and couldn’t understand the problem :( feeling very sensitive right now x

Is anyone else having back ache? I googled it, scared the life out of me! So rang the day unit just to double check, obviously with everything else that’s been going on with me just wanted to check. Well she reacted like she thought I was mad and couldn’t understand the problem :( feeling very sensitive right now x

I’ve had back and rib ache for weeks now. You were right to call them though, especially after what you went through earlier on.

I’ve had back and rib ache for weeks now. You were right to call them though, especially after what you went through earlier on.

Yes that’s exactly what I thought. Thank you for agreeing and not making me feel like a crazy woman! Ha! X

Backache is pretty normal in pregnancy, especially at the end when you’ve got to heave around a massive belly. It’s when it comes/goes regularly that it’s more likely to be a labour sign. They always tell us to call with any pain though so you did the right thing and they should’ve been nicer about it!! x

Backache is pretty normal in pregnancy, especially at the end when you’ve got to heave around a massive belly. It’s when it comes/goes regularly that it’s more likely to be a labour sign. They always tell us to call with any pain though so you did the right thing and they should’ve been nicer about it!! x

Yes I think so too! I did explain at the beginning of the phone call I just wanted to double check. Maybe she just had a bad day x

Yes I think so too! I did explain at the beginning of the phone call I just wanted to double check. Maybe she just had a bad day x

Hopefully, with some of the midwives I've met I've had to wonder why they do a job that involves caring for people! For what its worth I had pretty bad backache with my last pregnancy and then I was also lucky enough to have back labour.. there really was no mistaking when it was early labour and not just a backache.

Hopefully, with some of the midwives I've met I've had to wonder why they do a job that involves caring for people! For what its worth I had pretty bad backache with my last pregnancy and then I was also lucky enough to have back labour.. there really was no mistaking when it was early labour and not just a backache.

Thank you. Yes I’ve heard it’s very painful x

Yes, my back is really sore by the end of the day! I had to go to bed at 8pm last night as it really hurt. I don't think constantly having to pick my son up is helping. God help us through the next few weeks...! xx

I know it’s good to be active when you’re pregnant. But how much walking is too much?

We’re stopping at our in laws atm in Scarborough and there’s soo many steep hills! Hills that you struggle with when you’re not pregnant! We’ve been walking really far but now after a few days of this my calves are killing and one feet feelings a bit swollen :?

I know it’s good to be active when you’re pregnant. But how much walking is too much?

We’re stopping at our in laws atm in Scarborough and there’s soo many steep hills! Hills that you struggle with when you’re not pregnant! We’ve been walking really far but now after a few days of this my calves are killing and one feet feelings a bit swollen :?
Not sure I'd say about 30-40 mins would be enough at this late stage.. steps aren't very good for your hips and back! Take it easy and get those feet elevated! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back