♡ October 2020 Mummies ♡

Natalie8964

Reaction score
Last edited:
Still a week and a half to go for me but YAY!! Can’t believe we’re going into 3rd tri! Congrats to all the October Mummies already there x

@SockVortex @kj1 I still can't quite believe it! I waited for this for so long and there were times I just thought it wasn't going to happen for me. But I have my beautiful baby wriggling around in my tummy! Feeling incredibly lucky <3

20-30 weeks really flies by! I remember thinking the same last time.

I can’t remember what everyone is doing regarding work? I’ve been working from home since March (year 1 teacher). I work 3 days a week but now everyone is back in school and we’re on the home stretch I’ve been feeling anxious I’m not pulling my weight.

They have phoned me to say if I’m happy with the risk assessment I will be back in Sept as there won’t be any remote learning to do from home anymore. With my daughter I worked up until I had her and I don’t want to start my mat leave earlier or go off sick. It’d be nice to be back for a bit.

20-30 weeks really flies by! I remember thinking the same last time.

I can’t remember what everyone is doing regarding work? I’ve been working from home since March (year 1 teacher). I work 3 days a week but now everyone is back in school and we’re on the home stretch I’ve been feeling anxious I’m not pulling my weight.

They have phoned me to say if I’m happy with the risk assessment I will be back in Sept as there won’t be any remote learning to do from home anymore. With my daughter I worked up until I had her and I don’t want to start my mat leave earlier or go off sick. It’d be nice to be back for a bit.
I've been working from home and won't be back before my mat leave starts. I'm taking maternity 2 weeks before due date, then 2 weeks annual leave on top of that. So hopefully have a few weeks of relaxing as much as possible before baby arrives!

I've been back at work since last Monday - I'm SO happy to be back! I thought time was flying anyway but working again has taken it to a whole new level haha. I'm going to work quite literally until I go into labour lol x

Yes! I plan on working until I give birth too! It was nice last time my mat leave starting and ending on the birthday. Two weeks of relaxing sounds great @Natalie8964 for me I think being at work will be more relaxing than at home with a toddler :rotfl:

Feeling rather sorry for myself today! I have always suffered with an irritable bowel. Since being pregnant this kind of disappeared and in tri 2 I suffered more with a bit of constipation/hard movements. Well last night as I got into bed with a cup of tea, I came over all hot. I ended up on the loo stark naked! Terrible cramps, pain and i was almost sick with it. I've been to the loo 3 more times this morning :( wish I knew why this happened! I feel dreadful now. I can only think that I've been a bit constipated and its sort of all coming out! Sorry this is a really gross post but I've suffered a lot of years with having to run to the loo and being miserable. Was really hoping it wouldn't come back!

I've been working from home and won't be back before my mat leave starts. I'm taking maternity 2 weeks before due date, then 2 weeks annual leave on top of that. So hopefully have a few weeks of relaxing as much as possible before baby arrives!

I am doing exactly the same! Can’t believe I might get a month to relax before baby arrives! :D

Feeling rather sorry for myself today! I have always suffered with an irritable bowel. Since being pregnant this kind of disappeared and in tri 2 I suffered more with a bit of constipation/hard movements. Well last night as I got into bed with a cup of tea, I came over all hot. I ended up on the loo stark naked! Terrible cramps, pain and i was almost sick with it. I've been to the loo 3 more times this morning :( wish I knew why this happened! I feel dreadful now. I can only think that I've been a bit constipated and its sort of all coming out! Sorry this is a really gross post but I've suffered a lot of years with having to run to the loo and being miserable. Was really hoping it wouldn't come back!

Aw really sorry to hear this! Hopefully it was just a one off and you won’t get it again! Might have just been something you ate?

Aw really sorry to hear this! Hopefully it was just a one off and you won’t get it again! Might have just been something you ate?
Yeah me too it was horrible! Im not sure to be honest. I had my midwife appointment and she was pushing into my belly low down to feel baby and you know what its like, they push quite hard! Im not sure if that has done something combined with being a little bit bunged up. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen anymore!

You poor thing @Natalie8964 Maybe it was the midwife pressing down acted as a bit of a bowel
massage and helped get things moving if you’ve been a bit back up! It is so uncomfortable when they feel you. I was always achey after. X

You poor thing @Natalie8964 Maybe it was the midwife pressing down acted as a bit of a bowel
massage and helped get things moving if you’ve been a bit back up! It is so uncomfortable when they feel you. I was always achey after. X
Yeah I'm hoping it was just a mixture of things rather than a flare up of IBS. I'm always shocked at how hard they push into your belly! Im always scared its hurting baby lol x

Hey everyone! Would you believe it tri 3!!

Sorry I’ve been a bit quite for a few days as I’ve been in hospital. I went to get those funny period pains looked at. Long story short had a Fetal Fibronectin test which came back positive!! So I’ve had all my steroid injections for babies lungs. Now just a waiting game for labour to start.

If any of you are worried about pains, movements or anything please please get it checked. Just praying my little one hangs in there as long as possible. X

Hey everyone! Would you believe it tri 3!!

Sorry I’ve been a bit quite for a few days as I’ve been in hospital. I went to get those funny period pains looked at. Long story short had a Fetal Fibronectin test which came back positive!! So I’ve had all my steroid injections for babies lungs. Now just a waiting game for labour to start.

If any of you are worried about pains, movements or anything please please get it checked. Just praying my little one hangs in there as long as possible. X
Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry that it wasn't just some niggling pains but you obviously knew your body and well done for getting checked out! I will be thinking of you and bubs and fingers and toes crossed they keep cooking for a little bit longer in there. Take it easy lovely xx

@PinkFlamingo Wow that's a bit scary! Had you been having contractions then? What do you do now? Bedrest? Hopefully you don't go into labour anytime soon and bub can keep cooking. Take care xx

I think I have some new symptoms, possibly because baby is starting to squish me.. feeling a little sicky and I also get gassy and hiccups. Think I need to start making my means smaller! Ergh

@PinkFlamingo just seen ur update. Hope baby stays put for u for another while. Rest up and take care x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back