♡ October 2020 Mummies ♡

I barely failed the gestational diabetes test so now I have to go back for the 3 hour test. Ugh!! Not looking forward to it at all :(

I have my follow up scan tomorrow to check on babies echogenic bowel...getting nervous x

I have my follow up scan tomorrow to check on babies echogenic bowel...getting nervous x
So pleased you're back home and feeling better! Yes you just take it easy now.. what time is your scan? Thinking of you x

Has everyone’s babies got a pattern now? Mine hasn’t and after seeing my midwife yesterday she said it should have a movement pattern by now. It’s made me feel even more anxious about things going wrong. :(
I just feel my baby here and there through the day, if I feel like I haven’t felt it move for a while I lay on my side and it moves. She said I shouldn’t have to lay on my side and get it moving at this stage?? Does anyone else? Feeling worried x

Has everyone’s babies got a pattern now? Mine hasn’t and after seeing my midwife yesterday she said it should have a movement pattern by now. It’s made me feel even more anxious about things going wrong. :(
I just feel my baby here and there through the day, if I feel like I haven’t felt it move for a while I lay on my side and it moves. She said I shouldn’t have to lay on my side and get it moving at this stage?? Does anyone else? Feeling worried x
I wouldnt say mine has a definite pattern. They are usually quiet on a morning where I just feel a few little wriggles. They usually have a period of movement after lunch and mid afternoon and most active on an evening when I'm in bed, then when I'm laid on my side in bed they really kick alot. I'm not sure if that's because my placenta is at the front so I really feel the kicks and movements on my sides. If she said that, are they going to do anything about it?! Fancy saying that of course you will worry. Every baby is different and I'm sure some are just irregular! X

I wouldnt say mine has a definite pattern. They are usually quiet on a morning where I just feel a few little wriggles. They usually have a period of movement after lunch and mid afternoon and most active on an evening when I'm in bed, then when I'm laid on my side in bed they really kick alot. I'm not sure if that's because my placenta is at the front so I really feel the kicks and movements on my sides. If she said that, are they going to do anything about it?! Fancy saying that of course you will worry. Every baby is different and I'm sure some are just irregular! X

I know, my mum was really annoyed. After everything that’s going on really don’t need the extra worry. She was like right after this appointment I want you to go home and have a cold drink and monitor babies movements. Baby was moving round fine, but then how are you supposed to know what’s ‘normal’ She said I should know now if baby is a morning/afternoon/evening baby. X

I know, my mum was really annoyed. After everything that’s going on really don’t need the extra worry. She was like right after this appointment I want you to go home and have a cold drink and monitor babies movements. Baby was moving round fine, but then how are you supposed to know what’s ‘normal’ She said I should know now if baby is a morning/afternoon/evening baby. X
I could be wrong but I'm sure @WinterWolf has said before that her little girl didn't have any kind of pattern to movement in her first pregnancy. Every baby is different and they'll all move at different times and frequencies depending on so many external factors. I'd say if you can feel them move everytime you're in a certain position e.g. on your side then surely that's good?! Just try to relax and as long as you do feel them through the day I'd imagine its fine but of course you have to listen to your gut xx

I could be wrong but I'm sure @WinterWolf has said before that her little girl didn't have any kind of pattern to movement in her first pregnancy. Every baby is different and they'll all move at different times and frequencies depending on so many external factors. I'd say if you can feel them move everytime you're in a certain position e.g. on your side then surely that's good?! Just try to relax and as long as you do feel them through the day I'd imagine its fine but of course you have to listen to your gut xx

I agree. Just think with everything else that’s been going on I’m finding it hard to see things as I usually would. Every time I feel something today I’m going to write it down just to prove to myself that I do feel baby. She’s made me a nervous wreck! X

I agree. Just think with everything else that’s been going on I’m finding it hard to see things as I usually would. Every time I feel something today I’m going to write it down just to prove to myself that I do feel baby. She’s made me a nervous wreck! X
Thats a good idea. I know, its certainly already an anxious time for you, she has just made it so much worse! They're supposed to help you not make you feel that way. I'm sure once you write down each time you feel something you'll see theyre moving plenty xx

My son never had a pattern. He was a lazy little s*** in utero lol. This one is a different story! Every baby is different, I’d try not to worry too much although I know that’s easier said than done! X

I’m the same as kj1 I had no pattern last time and spent the whole pregnancy a nervous wreck. Deep down I knew everything was fine but a couple of times I thought what If and went into be monitored and I just couldn’t feel the movements. This time I feel lots of movements when I’m in bed not so much when I’m busy in the day. I’ve had a couple of times baby go into an awkward position where the movements are really faint and not as many but it’s not worried me then after a few days position has changed and I can feel them again. Movements have been less of a worry this time but it was horrible in my first pregnancy. If you’re on your feet all day working you’re most likely going to miss the movements. X

I barely failed the gestational diabetes test so now I have to go back for the 3 hour test. Ugh!! Not looking forward to it at all :(

Oh no, 3 hours sounds horrendous! I’m glad it’s not compulsory in England because there’s no way I could drink something yucky and keep it down! :oops::sick:

Just thread hopping but i don't really have a pattern.
She just moves throughout the day whenever she feels like it haha!!

Thanks everyone, made me feel much better, silly midwife. I’ve paid extra attention today and recorded every movement and it’s actually surprising how much baby moves and probably how often I miss it when I’m doing other things. Feeling much better now :)

My babies have never had patterns either. This baby has dropped into my pelvis and I guess she’s rolled into a ball or something.. every movement I’ve felt for the last two days has been on my cervix or pubic bone, so below my bump. Combined with SPD it’s like she’s stabbing me with a knife every time she wriggles!! Ohh I hope this isn’t her dropping for good yet.

Oh no, 3 hours sounds horrendous! I’m glad it’s not compulsory in England because there’s no way I could drink something yucky and keep it down! :oops::sick:
I know!!! I go tomorrow and I’m dreading it

Hope it goes ok @Oliviasmommy

@WinterWolf It’s probably not the same but a few times for around a week baby has moved into a position where all movements are felt in my bum hole and vagina :rotfl: just thought he was turning back breech. I’ve heard crawling around on all 4s (which you probably do all day with a toddler) helps change the position. X

Hope it goes ok @Oliviasmommy

@WinterWolf It’s probably not the same but a few times for around a week baby has moved into a position where all movements are felt in my bum hole and vagina :rotfl: just thought he was turning back breech. I’ve heard crawling around on all 4s (which you probably do all day with a toddler) helps change the position. X

Erg bumhole movements are really weird and unpleasant lol. She's moved back up again thankfully!! Haha, I do a lot of crawling so maybe it worked :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back