*** October 2021 Moms ***

Hope you get your dates through for your appts Wed.

It's reassuring to know I'm not the only one who is getting the round ligament pain (even though it's uncomfortable).

My jeans are definitely getting tighter and I've had to find my old maternity ones to wear. I've been living in tracksuit bottoms for the last week.

Hope your sickness passes soon. I never had it with my daughter and now realise how hard it is to get on with my day suffering with it.

Yeah the last few days have been particularly rough for me with the sickness, it’s just constant nausea, retching all the time, there’s nothing I feel like eating, I’m so drained and exhausted too, hopefully this passes soon and I start to feel normal again!

I’m going to dig out my maternity clothes later and give them a wash, think I need my maternity leggings already!

I’m just looking forward to the 12 week scan now so I can see that things look ok and I can start telling people,
Has anyone told anyone yet?

Hi!
I see there are going active conversation so I decided to join you despite the fact that my due date is 14th November.

I'm now on week 4+3 I guess. My last period started on 7th of February.
I have took 4x preg tests. Two was negative, third was taken on 06.03.2021 - light line, and last i took on 08.03.2021 - line was darker. My period should start on 07.03.2021, but it is missing.

My symptoms - mild cramps, swollen breasts, frequent peeing. Last night i had painful cramps, but it ended soon. I feel good.

I'm continuing running and exercising by the way!

Trying not to stress, my first appointment is planned on 26.03.2021.

Wish you all a good luck with your pregnancies!

hi, welcome! Thank you, wishing you luck too, do you have any other children or is this your first pregnancy?

Hey!

I'm due 29th Oct! 6weeks pregnant. So glad I have found a group I can talk in.

I'm unbelievably nervous / exited. We haven't told any family members yet, me and the partner want to keep it too ourselves until the first ultrasound scan. But having no one to talk to is really hard.

It's going to be my first child and I'm worrying over every little detail, cramps, morning sickness.. I can't wait for my first appointment which is 18/03 to ease my mind a little. I just want to be doing the right things.

I found out this Sunday gone, my period was really late but I didn't want to take a test too early so left it as long as I could bare and then did 3 in a row (lol) each of them positive.

How is everyone else coping? Wishing everyone the best of luck with their pregnancies.

Olivia x

Last edited:
Yeah the last few days have been particularly rough for me with the sickness, it’s just constant nausea, retching all the time, there’s nothing I feel like eating, I’m so drained and exhausted too, hopefully this passes soon and I start to feel normal again!

I’m going to dig out my maternity clothes later and give them a wash, think I need my maternity leggings already!

I’m just looking forward to the 12 week scan now so I can see that things look ok and I can start telling people,
Has anyone told anyone yet?

Let's hope the sickness passes asap.

I've only told a group of close friends and my parents. Will wait till after 12 week scan to announce it officially. Desperate to tell my brother and his fiancé but holding out. Have you told many people?

How did your telephone midwife appt go? Did they give you dates for bloods and scan?

I've only told a group of close friends and my parents. Will wait till after 12 week scan to announce it officially. Desperate to tell my brother and his fiancé but holding out. Have you told many people?

How did your telephone midwife appt go? Did they give you dates for bloods and scan?
We will tell our family and friends only after first screening. My first appointment is on 26.03.2021 (it will be 6.5 weeks). Tomorrow I am going to take blood test so i could be prepared for my visit. I want to know level of my HCG, progesteron and iron, also I will check my cholesterol level.
I don't know if doctor will need these parameters in so early stage, but it is interesting for me as well!

:) Today I feel a little nausea.

Welcome @Rasma and @OliviaRose93 :D I hope you've both been feeling well.

Exciting times ahead for us all!
Thank you @Justjo89 :) . How are you getting on?

I have my midwife appointment next Thursday and I can't wait to have more information and hopefully dates for bloods and scans.

I feel like it's a waiting game at the moment... my partner didn't understand this next comment so it might just be me being crazy but it feels like a long time to wait to have it confirmed that baby is doing okay.

Thank you @Justjo89 :) . How are you getting on?

I have my midwife appointment next Thursday and I can't wait to have more information and hopefully dates for bloods and scans.

I feel like it's a waiting game at the moment... my partner didn't understand this next comment so it might just be me being crazy but it feels like a long time to wait to have it confirmed that baby is doing okay.

I'm doing ok thank you. I have days when I have terrible sickness then days when I'm just tired. I don't cope with feeling sick very well and am struggling with that and trying to keep my daughter entertained. Hopefully will pass soon.

I'm the same, although I've had a scan already the waiting is still so hard. I have my midwife appt Monday so hoping I'll find out more then, fingers crossed.

Hi ladies can I please be put down for the 17th October EDD ☺️
Got my midwife appointment on Monday when I'll be 9 weeks.
I've already had an early scan following a bleed at 6+5days and all was ok with a nice little heartbeat on the screen but this wait until the 12 week scan is booked in to check everything is still fine is the slowest time I've ever experienced like backward snail slow

I’ve only told my manager and a close friend so far, I’m looking forward to surprising my mum and other friends with happy news but I want to make sure everything is ok first, as I’ve been in the position before where I told my mum I was preg then had to un-tell her when I had a miscarriage and she was really upset! It added so much more stress to the miscarriage!

I had my booking in appointment over the phone and annoyingly they didn’t give me a date for scan and bloods, said I would have to wait for a letter in the post, I told the midwife it was really important to me to get the scan done with plenty enough time to get the NT measurement for the combined screening, with me being over 35 I know I’m higher risk, she was just really blasé about it and said oh don’t worry you will, I bet I have to wait for the letter for weeks and then get the scan at between 13-14 weeks which will annoy me as it’s cutting it fine, they won’t take the NT measurement if you are measuring 14 weeks or more, and with my daughter I was suddenly measuring 5 days ahead at my 12 week scan, and I’m 100% sure of my dates for that as I only had sex once in my entire cycle

This last week has been so rough for me for the sickness, I’m struggling to eat, everything repulses me and makes me retch, but having an empty stomach makes me so sick too, can’t wait for this stage to pass! Hopefully I’m at the peak of it now, I’m 9 weeks today, to make things worse too my daughter is having an absolute nightmare with her teething, she’s cried non stop for days and only sleeps a couple of hours at a time, she seems to be really struggling with it, I’d be reaching for the gin if I wasn’t pregnant!

have you had scan date through yet?

I’ve only told my manager and a close friend so far, I’m looking forward to surprising my mum and other friends with happy news but I want to make sure everything is ok first, as I’ve been in the position before where I told my mum I was preg then had to un-tell her when I had a miscarriage and she was really upset! It added so much more stress to the miscarriage!

I had my booking in appointment over the phone and annoyingly they didn’t give me a date for scan and bloods, said I would have to wait for a letter in the post, I told the midwife it was really important to me to get the scan done with plenty enough time to get the NT measurement for the combined screening, with me being over 35 I know I’m higher risk, she was just really blasé about it and said oh don’t worry you will, I bet I have to wait for the letter for weeks and then get the scan at between 13-14 weeks which will annoy me as it’s cutting it fine, they won’t take the NT measurement if you are measuring 14 weeks or more, and with my daughter I was suddenly measuring 5 days ahead at my 12 week scan, and I’m 100% sure of my dates for that as I only had sex once in my entire cycle

This last week has been so rough for me for the sickness, I’m struggling to eat, everything repulses me and makes me retch, but having an empty stomach makes me so sick too, can’t wait for this stage to pass! Hopefully I’m at the peak of it now, I’m 9 weeks today, to make things worse too my daughter is having an absolute nightmare with her teething, she’s cried non stop for days and only sleeps a couple of hours at a time, she seems to be really struggling with it, I’d be reaching for the gin if I wasn’t pregnant!

have you had scan date through yet?

That's nice that you're still to tell your mum. I know what you mean about the untelling, I had to do that last year and it was horrible.

That really is annoying that they didn't give you dates for scan etc. You'd of thought they would schedule everyone in that way. I hope you get your letter through asap and the date is before 14 weeks. Seems to be such a long waiting game and just more added stress.

Oh no, I do hope you start to feel better soon. Nothing worse than feeling sick.

I haven't got my scan date yet. I have my midwife call on Monday so will ask what the process is at my hospital. I'm 9 weeks today so hoping they'll book me in the week after Easter when I'm 12 weeks.

My prog is 59.5 and HCG is 558. Im between 4-5 weeks. Can someone advise if my levels are ok?

Thankyou! :)

My prog is 59.5 and HCG is 558. Im between 4-5 weeks. Can someone advise if my levels are ok?

Thankyou! :)

I don't know what my progesterone was (for some reason my doc didn't test for it), but when I was tested on Thursday at 4w6d (or possibly 4w5d) my HCG was 480. I think that's a little on the low side, but well within the normal range--which for 5w is something like 18-7000! So 500 plus at between four and five weeks is definitely a good number!

It is also all comparative. Based on the color of the line on my test when I got my BFP at 4w1, my HCG wasn't that high yet (it was an obvious BFP, but still a faint line). It looked a lot lighter than what a lot of women get at 15 dpo. So, to get to 480 five days later it almost certainly had to at least double every two days, which is what it is supposed to do.

Did your doctor tell you to go in for a second test two days later? I've heard a lot of people saying they have done this, though apparently it isn't standard here. I don't have anything at all until my scan in the middle of week 6. I feel like I'm in another two week wait!

Thanks to the October ladies for letting me and Rasma crash here for a while! There's been a really sad shortage of November BFPs!

I don't know what my progesterone was (for some reason my doc didn't test for it), but when I was tested on Thursday at 4w6d (or possibly 4w5d) my HCG was 480. I think that's a little on the low side, but well within the normal range--which for 5w is something like 18-7000! So 500 plus at between four and five weeks is definitely a good number!

It is also all comparative. Based on the color of the line on my test when I got my BFP at 4w1, my HCG wasn't that high yet (it was an obvious BFP, but still a faint line). It looked a lot lighter than what a lot of women get at 15 dpo. So, to get to 480 five days later it almost certainly had to at least double every two days, which is what it is supposed to do.

Did your doctor tell you to go in for a second test two days later? I've heard a lot of people saying they have done this, though apparently it isn't standard here. I don't have anything at all until my scan in the middle of week 6. I feel like I'm in another two week wait!

Thanks to the October ladies for letting me and Rasma crash here for a while! There's been a really sad shortage of November BFPs!

My doctor doesnt even know Im pregnant, I will tell her in my first visit which is on 26th of march. I have read so much on internet and it is my iniciative to take test on progesteron and HCG levels. I believe she would like to see my levels to have more information on my pregnancy and can compare later if it is needed and see how pregnancg progresses. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back