*** October 2021 Moms ***

Hope everyone is doing well.

i have my 12 week scan tomorrow, very nervous!
Awesome! I hope everything goes well. Let us know how you get on.
I had my booking in appointment Monday and was referred for my 12 week scan then so just waiting for the letter to come now. Feels like an age away!!

Hi, the scan went well thanks. Baby measured at 12 weeks 6 days so a new due date of 23rd September. Just got to wait for the results of the screening tests, im 35 now so a little older and more at risk than i was with my previous pregnancies. Always something to worry about .

Hi, the scan went well thanks. Baby measured at 12 weeks 6 days so a new due date of 23rd September. Just got to wait for the results of the screening tests, im 35 now so a little older and more at risk than i was with my previous pregnancies. Always something to worry about .
So happy everything went well for you. You'll have to graduate from this group to the September mummies one now :dance:
Fingers crossed all your screening comes back ok. <3

There isnt a September mummies, i think this group is covering 3 months now as the site just doesnt get as busy as it used too for some reason.

Has anyone experienced extreme constipation thus far? The pain was so bad for me last night I was vomiting which I haven’t been experiencing lately due to the nausea and vomiting meds I was prescribed.

There isnt a September mummies, i think this group is covering 3 months now as the site just doesnt get as busy as it used too for some reason.

welcome to the group hun and congratulations x

Has anyone experienced extreme constipation thus far? The pain was so bad for me last night I was vomiting which I haven’t been experiencing lately due to the nausea and vomiting meds I was prescribed.

gosh no, never experienced that, it sounds really awful, is it worth asking at a chemists for some over-the-counter meds which might help?

Im 36, so I’m also feeling a little nervous about the screening, I’m 10 weeks now and still haven’t had my scan date through, just really anxious to get it done within the window where they can take the nuchal translucency measurement to do the combined testing

I’ve got my booking in bloods on tues so I’ll chase it up then if I still haven’t heard anything

welcome to the group hun and congratulations x
When I had my midwife appointment on Monday she told me to keep my fluids up as the little growing baby will sap fluids from everywhere it can which can lead to headaches and constipation if you're not careful. So make sure you have plenty of water and yes as recommended by nightowl ask at the pharmacy for pregnancy friendly stool softeners to help you out in the short term. They'll let you know the best ones to have.

When I had my midwife appointment on Monday she told me to keep my fluids up as the little growing baby will sap fluids from everywhere it can which can lead to headaches and constipation if you're not careful. So make sure you have plenty of water and yes as recommended by nightowl ask at the pharmacy for pregnancy friendly stool softeners to help you out in the short term. They'll let you know the best ones to have.

Sorry nightowl I was meat to reply to amamos think I clicked on the wrong comment to reply :)

gosh no, never experienced that, it sounds really awful, is it worth asking at a chemists for some over-the-counter meds which might help?
I’m trying a couple different things so I’m hoping for a positive outcome. First tri has been horrible!

Im 36, so I’m also feeling a little nervous about the screening, I’m 10 weeks now and still haven’t had my scan date through, just really anxious to get it done within the window where they can take the nuchal translucency measurement to do the combined testing

I’ve got my booking in bloods on tues so I’ll chase it up then if I still haven’t heard anything

Glad to hear you've had your booking in appt through. I hope they give you your scan date on Tues.

I had my bloods on Tues and have my scan 8th April. The counting down has began!!

Hey all,

How's everyone getting on?

I've been struggling with sickness the past few days, seem to be sick after most meals and feeling pretty crappy. I'm not worried about the amount I'm bring sick, I can manage with that, but I am worried that I might not be keeping down my vitamins.

Got a date for my 12 week scan though in April so not all bad news, can't wait to see baby and check everything is okay.

Hey all,

I've been struggling with sickness the past few days, seem to be sick after most meals and feeling pretty crappy. I'm not worried about the amount I'm bring sick, I can manage with that, but I am worried that I might not be keeping down my vitamins.

Got a date for my 12 week scan though in April so not all bad news, can't wait to see baby and check everything is okay.

I think as long as you're eating a well balanced diet then you'll still be getting a certain amount of nutrients into your system. I immediately threw up after taking my folic acid the other day so I took another one as I knew it had come right out lol. If you're mainly sick after food try timing it so you take you vitamins well before or after so they have a chance to work their way through.
Haven't really struggled with being sick all that much thankfully. I have had some trouble with nausea late in the evenings but that seems to have worn off a bit now. My main issue has been tiredness (literally could sleep 24/7), bloody spots - I'm having such bad breakouts on my chin and jawline and even starting get a few across my chest and now feeling breathless in the evenings all my blood work is ok though so that's reassuring.

Do you have long to wait for your scan? I should have my appointment letter next week fingers crossed. First trimester seems to last forever doesn' it!!

Hey all,

i haven’t taken my vitamins in 5 days now as I’m barely keeping anything down, I wouldn’t worry too much, your body has a reserve of nutrients to call on, I’m just living off Ice lolly’s and cold cans of coke at the moment, it’s not ideal but everything else makes me vomit, I was like this with my daughter too, didn’t take my vitamins for over 2 weeks when the sickness was at its worst and she was 8lb 9oz and perfectly healthy, as long as you’ve generally had a healthy diet and been taking the vitamins as much as you can missing a couple and not having the best diet for a few weeks while you get past the worst of the sickness won’t hurt

I think as long as you're eating a well balanced diet then you'll still be getting a certain amount of nutrients into your system. I immediately threw up after taking my folic acid the other day so I took another one as I knew it had come right out lol. If you're mainly sick after food try timing it so you take you vitamins well before or after so they have a chance to work their way through.
Haven't really struggled with being sick all that much thankfully. I have had some trouble with nausea late in the evenings but that seems to have worn off a bit now. My main issue has been tiredness (literally could sleep 24/7), bloody spots - I'm having such bad breakouts on my chin and jawline and even starting get a few across my chest and now feeling breathless in the evenings all my blood work is ok though so that's reassuring.

Do you have long to wait for your scan? I should have my appointment letter next week fingers crossed. First trimester seems to last forever doesn' it!!
Yeah I'm making sure I'm eating healthier, think your right about the timing I need to organise myself a bit more I think that would help :)

Ah spots ! So much for a pregnancy glow right?! Glad to hear the bloods all came back okay, it's it's one less thing to worry about.

My scan is on the 19th April so I'll be 13 weeks by then, feels like forever away lol. My midwife booked it at my first appointment so I was lucky to get a date without much waiting. Hope you get your date soon :D

i haven’t taken my vitamins in 5 days now as I’m barely keeping anything down, I wouldn’t worry too much, your body has a reserve of nutrients to call on, I’m just living off Ice lolly’s and cold cans of coke at the moment, it’s not ideal but everything else makes me vomit, I was like this with my daughter too, didn’t take my vitamins for over 2 weeks when the sickness was at its worst and she was 8lb 9oz and perfectly healthy, as long as you’ve generally had a healthy diet and been taking the vitamins as much as you can missing a couple and not having the best diet for a few weeks while you get past the worst of the sickness won’t hurt
This makes me feel so much better, although I'm sorry to hear your going through such a rough patch! I hope it gets better sooner rather than later! Your so right and having your daughter who was perfect shows it is fine, I just instantly worry that I might not be doing everything 'right'. Panick over, this group has helped me loads already :good:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back