*** October 2021 Moms ***

I did think that so fingers crossed that's the case. The hosp said I should get a call within 7 days if high risk so I guess no news is good news. But I'm like you and like to have it in front of me on paper.

Ahh me too. Takes me ages to get to sleep at night thinking about everything. Can't wait to find out. What date is your 20 week scan?

Yes no news is good news! I’m interested in seeing the risk rating though, with my daughter it come back risk of 1 in 19,000 for chromosomal disorders, I know it’ll be a bit higher this time as I’m now older but I’m hoping I get a similar extremely low risk result just because I’m such a worrier! Haven’t had a date through for 20 week scan yet it’ll be the same situation as my 12 week scan won’t get date through until the week before, feel like all I’m doing is moaning about the nhs services at the moment ha ha and I know it’s because of Covid but I’m not impressed, do you have your 20 week scan date yet?

Hello girls, last three days I feel better, nausea and fatigue slowly disappears! Finally!
This friday is my first screening! Can't wait! We are going to announce the news to our parents!

Yesterday i went on a slow run of 5 km ! It made me feel more energized!
Glad you're starting to feel better.

Bet you're excited for Friday. Love the announcement idea :D

are you in the uk? You usually get a screening at 12 week scan which looks at the fluid measurement around the baby’s neck combined with levels of Papp-a in your blood to come up with a risk rating regardless of how old you are, rather then NIPT testing, here in the uk you pay privately for NIPT unless your nhs trust is one of the few trusts which will give you the NIPT rather then offer amniocentesis if your screening from 12 week scan came back high risk, at age 27 yes you should be low risk! it’s so exciting getting those scan pictures and so surreal, you’ll have to let us know how the appointment goes on Friday

The sickness has improved a lot now, I only throw up once or twice a day now and can eat food again without retching and being repulsed thankfully! Still feeling exhausted but that’s probably from my two year old :smile:

I'm from Latvia, and we have the same system here as you described in your comment regarding NIPT testing.

Yes no news is good news! I’m interested in seeing the risk rating though, with my daughter it come back risk of 1 in 19,000 for chromosomal disorders, I know it’ll be a bit higher this time as I’m now older but I’m hoping I get a similar extremely low risk result just because I’m such a worrier! Haven’t had a date through for 20 week scan yet it’ll be the same situation as my 12 week scan won’t get date through until the week before, feel like all I’m doing is moaning about the nhs services at the moment ha ha and I know it’s because of Covid but I’m not impressed, do you have your 20 week scan date yet?

I can't remember what my low risk result was but I know it was good. Hate that they took all my paperwork when I was discharged after giving birth. Would of loved to have kept it all.

Such a shambles (I shouldn't moan) but it all seems super slow and my patience can't take it haha my scan date is 4th June, 6 weeks Friday. Hopefully you'll find yours out sooner rather than later :)
Finally managed to book my 16 week midwife appt but the only day they do a clinic is the one day of the week I have no childcare so need to get that sorted somehow and she said the date may change anyway but I won't be told till the week before as they're moving buildings. Nightmare!

I know what you mean @Justjo89, I need to be organised and know my appointments in advance because of work and childcare so I’m just finding it all really annoying, still no letter with my screening results, still no 20 week scan date and I have lots of dates I can’t do around the time when I’m 18-20 weeks

I’m hoping my screening results turn up soon

got my 16 week appointment booked for tues anyway so that’s something!

really can’t wait for next scan now as I just want to know what I’m having, I’m getting a strong feeling it’s a boy, I haven’t bought anything yet but want to start getting a few sleep suits and vests and things to put away, can’t believe I’ll be shopping for baby clothes again, it’s crazy!

I know what you mean @Justjo89, I need to be organised and know my appointments in advance because of work and childcare so I’m just finding it all really annoying, still no letter with my screening results, still no 20 week scan date and I have lots of dates I can’t do around the time when I’m 18-20 weeks

I’m hoping my screening results turn up soon

got my 16 week appointment booked for tues anyway so that’s something!

really can’t wait for next scan now as I just want to know what I’m having, I’m getting a strong feeling it’s a boy, I haven’t bought anything yet but want to start getting a few sleep suits and vests and things to put away, can’t believe I’ll be shopping for baby clothes again, it’s crazy!

I do hope you receive your screening results soon. I had mine come through on Weds which is 2 weeks after my scan. All were low risk which has made me feel reassured.

Glad to see you have your 16 week appointment booked. I finally managed to get mine booked but having to wait on a definite time which is not helpful but atleast I know the date.

I haven't got anything new yet either as I really want to know what I'm having first too. I also have a feeling I'm having a boy, my partner is so sure it's a girl but we'll see. A girl would be easier as my daughter was born in October 2019 and we can use her old clothes as the months will match up which will help financially as I'm not working :confused:

How is your sickness now? Has it got better?

I do hope you receive your screening results soon. I had mine come through on Weds which is 2 weeks after my scan. All were low risk which has made me feel reassured.

Glad to see you have your 16 week appointment booked. I finally managed to get mine booked but having to wait on a definite time which is not helpful but atleast I know the date.

I haven't got anything new yet either as I really want to know what I'm having first too. I also have a feeling I'm having a boy, my partner is so sure it's a girl but we'll see. A girl would be easier as my daughter was born in October 2019 and we can use her old clothes as the months will match up which will help financially as I'm not working :confused:

How is your sickness now? Has it got better?

Yeah I feel like another girl would be easier too as I can re-use all my daughters lovely clothes which I’ve put away, some of her stuff never even got worn! She had loads of gorgeous clothes bought for her when she was first born but she just lived in sleepsuits which was far easier, so I won’t be making that mistake again! I will be over the moon if it’s another girl but I will just be over the moon to be told at the 20 week scan that everything looks good regardless, I do have a feeling it’s a boy, just can’t wait to find out, so tempted to get a private scan at 16 weeks

I’m a lot better than I was with the sickness now, still throw up yellow bile every morning (sorry I know that’s gross) and feel absolutely rubbish until the afternoon but I can eat a lot more normally now and feel normal for a lot of the day aslong as I eat properly

have you got any names shortlisted yet? I’m just having a little look at some name lists this afternoon which is quite exciting!

Yeah I feel like another girl would be easier too as I can re-use all my daughters lovely clothes which I’ve put away, some of her stuff never even got worn! She had loads of gorgeous clothes bought for her when she was first born but she just lived in sleepsuits which was far easier, so I won’t be making that mistake again! I will be over the moon if it’s another girl but I will just be over the moon to be told at the 20 week scan that everything looks good regardless, I do have a feeling it’s a boy, just can’t wait to find out, so tempted to get a private scan at 16 weeks

I’m a lot better than I was with the sickness now, still throw up yellow bile every morning (sorry I know that’s gross) and feel absolutely rubbish until the afternoon but I can eat a lot more normally now and feel normal for a lot of the day aslong as I eat properly

have you got any names shortlisted yet? I’m just having a little look at some name lists this afternoon which is quite exciting!

I really want a 16 week scan but we've decided not to have one at the moment. 6 weeks today until my scan eeek!!

I'm the same with the baby clothing. I've probably forgotten about most of the outfits and I'd love them to be worn again. I'm too attached to get rid of them though!

Haha nothings gross when you're pregnant. I just feel for our other halves having to see the stuff we go through :shock: lol

That's good your sickness has improved and you're able to eat better.

I have a long list of girls and 1 boy name but we're struggling to agree on any. Have you got any in mind that you've seen?

Do you think you'll have a baby shower?

I really want a 16 week scan but we've decided not to have one at the moment. 6 weeks today until my scan eeek!!

I'm the same with the baby clothing. I've probably forgotten about most of the outfits and I'd love them to be worn again. I'm too attached to get rid of them though!

Haha nothings gross when you're pregnant. I just feel for our other halves having to see the stuff we go through :shock: lol

I have a long list of girls and 1 boy name but we're struggling to agree on any. Have you got any in mind that you've seen?

Baby shower is a very good idea! I would love that!

Yeah I’m really struggling with baby names this time, can’t really think of any boys names I like, the ones I like I think are just so popular I know a million other kids with the same name!

I might just do something very casual for a baby shower like a lunch somewhere with just a few family and friends, god knows what the Covid situation will be at that point! I hope things are much more normal by that point though, fingers crossed!

Had my 16 week midwife appointment earlier this week, just had blood pressure done and gave urine sample, they don’t listen to the heartbeat at the 16 week appointment in my area, my next appointment with the midwife will be when I’m 28 weeks now, also got the forms for my maternity exemption certificate so will send that off this week, looking forward to my free dental treatment ha ha!
My daughter come home from nursery with a stomach bug on weds, she projectile vomited all over the bed but was fine a couple of hours later, back to her normal self, well me and my partner then come down with it on Friday morning and it’s been horrible, projectile vomiting, stomach cramps, couldn’t eat or even keep water down for 24 hours, was getting very worried thinking I was gonna end up in hospital but thankfully I’m ok now, but I just hope the baby’s ok! 20 week scan can’t come fast enough, just waiting for the date to come through, feel like I need the extra reassurance now!

Had my 16 week midwife appointment earlier this week, just had blood pressure done and gave urine sample, they don’t listen to the heartbeat at the 16 week appointment in my area, my next appointment with the midwife will be when I’m 28 weeks now, also got the forms for my maternity exemption certificate so will send that off this week, looking forward to my free dental treatment ha ha!
My daughter come home from nursery with a stomach bug on weds, she projectile vomited all over the bed but was fine a couple of hours later, back to her normal self, well me and my partner then come down with it on Friday morning and it’s been horrible, projectile vomiting, stomach cramps, couldn’t eat or even keep water down for 24 hours, was getting very worried thinking I was gonna end up in hospital but thankfully I’m ok now, but I just hope the baby’s ok! 20 week scan can’t come fast enough, just waiting for the date to come through, feel like I need the extra reassurance now!
Shame they don't listen to the heartbeat. I've got a doppler from my last pregnancy and I managed to find the heartbeat yesterday, was lovely. Seems crazy that with a second baby we have to wait so long for our next midwife appointment. I'm sure I had one before that with my daughter.

Bless you, I hope you're doing ok now. Nothing worse than a sickness bug. Hopefully you'll have your 20 week scan date through soon. So excited to find out what everyone is having :pink::blue:

Yeah we definitely get less appointments with second pregnancy, I remember having quite a lot towards the end though which I think we still get, I think they are the important ones really

I’m feeling much better, keeping food and water down, but my daughter seems to be coming down with something else now! Think she’s got a temp and a bit of a cold, hopefully it passes quickly

Just going to be counting down the days until 20 week scan now as I’m dying to know if baby is a boy or a girl, then I can start shopping! Don’t know what to do about the pram situation, are you going to get a double pram? My daughter won’t stay in a pram very long and prefers to be roaming freely ha ha

Yeah we definitely get less appointments with second pregnancy, I remember having quite a lot towards the end though which I think we still get, I think they are the important ones really

I’m feeling much better, keeping food and water down, but my daughter seems to be coming down with something else now! Think she’s got a temp and a bit of a cold, hopefully it passes quickly

Just going to be counting down the days until 20 week scan now as I’m dying to know if baby is a boy or a girl, then I can start shopping! Don’t know what to do about the pram situation, are you going to get a double pram? My daughter won’t stay in a pram very long and prefers to be roaming freely ha ha

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Hope your daughter starts to feel better soon too.

Same!! Dying to know lol I've done a few of the old wives tale things and the result is always different haha

The pram situation is a tricky one. My current pushchair can turn into a double but working out what adapters I need for it is a nightmare haha I'd rather try and find them second hand as new they are stupidly priced. Luckily I've still got my car seat from when my daughter was newborn so will be re using that. Have you got much to buy apart from clothing?

Well im 21 weeks tomorrow, well into my 2nd trimester. Time is flying by and ive finally started baby shopping.
I had my 20 week scan last week which was all good. She is still a girl haha. Next scan is a growth scan at 28 weeks.
Hope everyone is doing well, its very quiet in here.

Well im 21 weeks tomorrow, well into my 2nd trimester. Time is flying by and ive finally started baby shopping.
I had my 20 week scan last week which was all good. She is still a girl haha. Next scan is a growth scan at 28 weeks.
Hope everyone is doing well, its very quiet in here.

So glad all went ok at your scan! It is very quiet in this thread. I can't believe we're still using first trimester forum page haha.
I'm still waiting for my 20 week scan but I have my date through. Got exactly 2 weeks to wait. It seems to be dragging so slowly.
I haven't bought any baby clothes yet I want to wait for the scan first. We were deciding to keep the gender a surprise but we've changed our minds and will surprise our families with little gender reveal boxes instead which will be exciting.
Have you picked any names yet?

Yes it is very quiet in here! I’ve got my 20 week scan in two weeks time, looks like we’ve got ours on the same day @rb101! I haven’t bought anything for the new baby yet, waiting until I know the sex but I’m definitely convinced it’s a boy, obviously I could be totally wrong!

really counting down to the 20 week scan really feel like I need some reassurance everything is ok, I’ve had a rough few weeks with my daughter bringing home a nasty vomiting bug from nursery which nearly killed me off, I literally couldn’t even keep water down for 2 days, and now I’ve got a cold and chesty cough, I’d usually just see it off with a lemsip but we can’t take anything decent while we are pregnant can we!

Don’t really feel like I’ve felt much movement yet, maybe a mild couple of kicks once or twice but that could have just been wind! I’ve constantly got a gassy stomach at the moment and lots of gas rolling around in there, I’m wondering if my placenta is at the front or back, doesn’t say anywhere on my online notes so I will ask at my 20 week scan

hope everyone is ok

Glad to hear you're feeling better. Hope your daughter starts to feel better soon too.

Same!! Dying to know lol I've done a few of the old wives tale things and the result is always different haha

The pram situation is a tricky one. My current pushchair can turn into a double but working out what adapters I need for it is a nightmare haha I'd rather try and find them second hand as new they are stupidly priced. Luckily I've still got my car seat from when my daughter was newborn so will be re using that. Have you got much to buy apart from clothing?

yeah I’ve still got my daughters newborn car seat and isofix base so we will re-use that, I’ve got lots of clothes to re use if it’s a girl, I threw anyway the Moses basket but it was only a cheap one anyway and this time I want one with a rocking stand, now that I know in advance that motion massively helps them settle! Wish I’d have known that in advance with my daughter ha ha! Got a carrier to re-use but I don’t think it’s suitable until about 6 months so I’m going to get a decent newborn sling, I’ve got a feeling I’m definitely gonna need one! Just can’t make my mind up what to do about the pram, I don’t want another big bulky pram which takes up the whole car boot again, I would actually love one of the little lightweight easy fold prams like a baby zen yo-yo, im thinking the new baby goes in the pram and I get a buggy board for my daughter who will be 2 and a half and generally doesn’t like sitting in a pram anyway, I don’t know what age people generally stop using a buggy, I have a friend who stopped at 3, and one who stopped at 4, I definitely don’t wanna spend silly money on a big double pram for it to only be used for 6 months to a year, I’m thinking I could even put the new baby in a sling/carrier quite a lot, or just never go out on my own with them both ha ha! I don’t need to make any decision just yet anyway I’ll see what the toddlers like with walking around aug/sept, she won’t tolerate sitting in a buggy for long in any case anyway x

Hey @night owl these 2 weeks are going to be a test of our patience I think!
I'm exactly the same, I keep doubting everything is ok in there although at my 16week appt my MW did say I can call them and ask for a Doppler check if I need it as they run a drop in service at my local hosp but I'm trying to hold out as long as possible otherwise I'll be in there everyday.

You mentioned about being undecided about the pram situation and I've had this convo with the OH I really don't think we need one especially not for the first 6 months then I'll possibly just get a suitable age buggy for when spring rolls around.
I don't have any little ones to contend with but I live in the middle of nowhere down a grubby bumpy farm track so not exactly pram friendly and all the walks I go on are quite rough terrain so I think I'll manage better with just a sling or newborn+ carrier especially as we're gonna be heading into winter by the time baby is here.
I begrudge spending money on something that takes up space and won't get used that much. I can always get something if I change my mind once the baby is here

Im full of cold too and its on my chest, must be going round as my OH had it too. I went for a covid test the other day as i couldnt taste anything but luckily came back negative so must be the cole. Speaking about covid i want the vaccine but im having a nightmare with it as pregnant women can only have pzizer or moderna but everywhere only has the oxford in around me.
I have a one year old (will be just 2) when baby arrives so im unsure on the buggy situation too. Ive had doubles in the past but have always found them heavy and awful to push. Im hopefully whatever pushchqir i choose has a double capability so the option is always there should i need it.
i havent thought of any names yet, ive no idea. Even though i did quite want a girl, i had loads of boys names i liked but not really any girl names. Its got to be aomething quite tradional to go with my other childrens names, my daughter now is called Charlotte so i and want it to have at least 2 syllables and obviously tradional. Not wanting too much am i haha.
Mice to hear off a couple of you on the thread yesterday. Im looking forward to more gender announcements soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back