*** October 2021 Moms ***

My last ultrasound was at 22+4 weeks. He’s still measuring ahead at least a week. The abdomin measurement is over 2 weeks ahead at 25+2 weeks. His weight estimate is 1 lb. 10 oz. I feel like I’m going to have a big baby. Anyone else know their babies weight at this point?

This was my second full anatomy scan. I still have to go back because they haven’t gotten everything they need.

My last ultrasound was at 22+4 weeks. He’s still measuring ahead at least a week. The abdomin measurement is over 2 weeks ahead at 25+2 weeks. His weight estimate is 1 lb. 10 oz. I feel like I’m going to have a big baby. Anyone else know their babies weight at this point?

This was my second full anatomy scan. I still have to go back because they haven’t gotten everything they need.

Hey,

Are they giving you growth scans due to measurements?

I'm having to have another scan at 32 weeks due to having a small baby previously. Not that I knew at the time but they want to monitor baby now so should find out the weight then but got another 9 weeks to wait x

How is everyone doing?

Can't believe I'll be 24 weeks on Monday. Time seems to be flying by, so much quicker this time round.

Can't stop buying more clothes even though I have everything from my first daughter lol it's so hard to resist!

X

Hey,

Are they giving you growth scans due to measurements?

I'm having to have another scan at 32 weeks due to having a small baby previously. Not that I knew at the time but they want to monitor baby now so should find out the weight then but got another 9 weeks to wait x

It was just a routine full anatomy scan. Not sure, maybe they do different tests based on where you live. I live in the US.

My baby shower is this weekend. May be a little early than normal but was the only date I could do it, my best friend will be here from out of state. I’ll be 26 weeks/ 6 months. It’s 4th of July themed.

How is everyone doing?

Can't believe I'll be 24 weeks on Monday. Time seems to be flying by, so much quicker this time round.

Can't stop buying more clothes even though I have everything from my first daughter lol it's so hard to resist!

X

I’m 25 weeks now, I think it’s going to start dragging for me a bit now, I just want baby girl here safely so I can start figuring out life with a newborn and a toddler! I’m so nervous but excited about what it’s gonna be like!
Oh same with buying clothes ha ha but I have an excuse as I threw away all my daughters newborn stuff ages ago

anyone got any names shortlisted?

I’m 25 weeks now, I think it’s going to start dragging for me a bit now, I just want baby girl here safely so I can start figuring out life with a newborn and a toddler! I’m so nervous but excited about what it’s gonna be like!
Oh same with buying clothes ha ha but I have an excuse as I threw away all my daughters newborn stuff ages ago

I’m 26+2 weeks. So close to 3rd trimester. We are thinking about naming him Ezra. We won’t be telling anyone the name until he’s born. I know our families would try to influence what we name him. We didn’t want super unique. It is a sort of unique biblical name. The name I was thinking before for a long time was Aaron.

my mom is going to paint the nursery for me cause she’s worried about me breathing the paint. Then I’ll be able to set up the nursery, we have pretty much everything sitting in our living room. Anyone else starting or finished with their nursery?

Snap on the newborn and toddler situation lol already thinking about my partner going back to work after paternity leave!!

We've decided on her name. Just got to make sure we don't slip up and say it infront of friends and family.

Has anyone got to have the gestational diabetes bloods done? I was told at my booking appt I'd have to have it done but midwife seems to think otherwise. So going to mention it when I have my 28 week bloods done and see what they say.

I’m 26+2 weeks. So close to 3rd trimester. We are thinking about naming him Ezra. We won’t be telling anyone the name until he’s born. I know our families would try to influence what we name him. We didn’t want super unique. It is a sort of unique biblical name. The name I was thinking before for a long time was Aaron.

my mom is going to paint the nursery for me cause she’s worried about me breathing the paint. Then I’ll be able to set up the nursery, we have pretty much everything sitting in our living room. Anyone else starting or finished with their nursery?
Love the name Ezra!

How exciting about the nursery. We've already decorated my daughters room so baby will move into there when ready but going to have to look into some kind of beds though as not sure 2 cots will actually fit in there! Just worried my eldest will be too young to be in a half height bunk bed.

Ezra and Aaron are both really great names, unique and classic at the same time.

I don’t think I’ll end up decorating a nursery for this baby, she will be in with us for a while, well my 2 year old is actually still in with us too ha ha but she is a total Velcro baby to be honest, good job we have a really big main bedroom, it fits in a double bed, a toddler bed and will fit a next 2 me crib in too so that’s going to be the set up for a while, decorated a nursery for my 2 year old before she was born and she hasn’t once slept in it! she just wants to be next to mummy or daddy of a night time, I’m not sure how we’ll ever get her in her own room now lol, I’m hoping this baby is less of a Velcro baby! I think they will end up going in a room together when they are both old enough and happy enough to go to sleep alone

Snap on the newborn and toddler situation lol already thinking about my partner going back to work after paternity leave!!

We've decided on her name. Just got to make sure we don't slip up and say it infront of friends and family.

Has anyone got to have the gestational diabetes bloods done? I was told at my booking appt I'd have to have it done but midwife seems to think otherwise. So going to mention it when I have my 28 week bloods done and see what they say.

I think I’ve decided on a name too and I’m trying not to tell family and friends I’m just going to surprise them with it :D

nothing has been mentioned to me about the diabetes tests, I think they do it if there are some underlying risk factors or baby is measuring really big or something, I’ve got my 28 week appointment in two weeks I’ll see if they mention it to me

how is everyone feeling? I’m getting awful restless leg sensations of a nighttime it’s driving me mad, im going to ask the midwife if she has any tips to relieve it, feel like these next 13 weeks are gonna drag on and on

I got my glucose test today. Turned out normal. I was kind of surprised because all I crave is sweet stuff. I eat a ridiculous amount of fruit.

Now we are trying to decide between Ezra and Leo. Hah it’s so hard to commit to a name.

I was told I need to have the diabetes test because my bmi is higher than my previous pregnancy. Definitely going to ask when I have my next lot of bloods.

I remember having restless legs with my daughter so can definitely relate. Hope it settles soon or midwife can help in some way.
At the moment I'm suffering really bad with insomnia. Dread going to bed now as I know I'll be awake for ages trying to fall asleep.

Hope you are all doing well x
I haven't been on here for quite a while!
Can't believe how quick time is going now that I'm so far along! 33 weeks tomorrow.
Been having some worry wobbles over the last few weeks the nerves are kicking in a little as a ftm.
I hope you're doing ok @Justjo89 x

Nice to hear from you both @Justjo89 and @rb101

hope everyone is doing ok, I’m 33 weeks tomorrow and just feel like I’m counting down the days now until my due date, just can’t wait to meet my little girl and have her here safe, at the same time I’m trying to enjoy the last stretch of my pregnancy too!

Does everyone feel prepared? I’ve got most things I need, just need to get the car seat and base out of the loft and give it a good clean, and need to get some bottles incase I bottle feed rather then breast feed, and I still haven’t decided on whether to get a double pram or not!

I’m definitely feeling the nerves now too @rb101! I’m just hoping and praying for a nice quick and easy labour ha ha xx

Im nearly 36 weeks now. Feeling uncomfortable and extremely hot, have to have a constant fan on me even when everyone else thinks its cool. Ive got another growth scan on friday, my last one at 32 weeks baby was estimated 5lb 3oz, think i must be growing a giant haha. I havent packed my hospital bag yet but ive bought everything i need, my egg2 pushchair has arrived instore today after a 3 month wait (exciting), im not collecting it just yet though.
Nice to hear from some ladies around the same due date time. Glad everyone is doing well.

Nice to hear from you both @Justjo89 and @rb101

hope everyone is doing ok, I’m 33 weeks tomorrow and just feel like I’m counting down the days now until my due date, just can’t wait to meet my little girl and have her here safe, at the same time I’m trying to enjoy the last stretch of my pregnancy too!

Does everyone feel prepared? I’ve got most things I need, just need to get the car seat and base out of the loft and give it a good clean, and need to get some bottles incase I bottle feed rather then breast feed, and I still haven’t decided on whether to get a double pram or not!

I’m definitely feeling the nerves now too @rb101! I’m just hoping and praying for a nice quick and easy labour ha ha xx

I'm praying for a quick and easy one too but as it's my first I feel totally lost at sea I have just started a hypnobirthing online course and it's already settled a lot of nerves so I hope once I've completed it I will feel a little more in control (fingers crossed!)

@baby1201 I'm prepared with everything we'll need for the first few months and all bags are roughly packed for the hospital as I've been throwing stuff in them as soon as I've bought anything. I'll just need to go through it all closer to the time to check I haven't forgotten anything.

Im holding off buying a breast pump until much closer to my due date. I'm hoping to BF/pump but I know things happen so I'm happy to formula feed if needed. I grabbed a box of the premade aptamil bottles which come with the teats that I can take to the hospital as a back up and I'll be within the 28 day return period if the pump needs to go back for a refund.

What's everyone's plans for maternity leave? Are you hoping to work up until late as possible or have you got dates booked in to give yourselves a break before hand? Xx

I'm praying for a quick and easy one too but as it's my first I feel totally lost at sea I have just started a hypnobirthing online course and it's already settled a lot of nerves so I hope once I've completed it I will feel a little more in control (fingers crossed!)

@baby1201 I'm prepared with everything we'll need for the first few months and all bags are roughly packed for the hospital as I've been throwing stuff in them as soon as I've bought anything. I'll just need to go through it all closer to the time to check I haven't forgotten anything.

Im holding off buying a breast pump until much closer to my due date. I'm hoping to BF/pump but I know things happen so I'm happy to formula feed if needed. I grabbed a box of the premade aptamil bottles which come with the teats that I can take to the hospital as a back up and I'll be within the 28 day return period if the pump needs to go back for a refund.

What's everyone's plans for maternity leave? Are you hoping to work up until late as possible or have you got dates booked in to give yourselves a break before hand? Xx

yeah I didn’t buy a breast pump with my first baby until she was a few months old and I knew for sure breastfeeding was going to be successful, they are so expensive! I’ve got a medela swing flex electric pump and a basic medela manual pump so I’ve been getting all the bits together and sterilising them ready, I will also get some of the aptamil ready bottles with the teats

oh god I completely forgot about my hospital bag! I have a list of things I want to take so I’ll make a start on packing it this week, the most exciting bit is definitely packing little outfits for the baby!

I’m planning on working up until I’m 38 weeks and having 10 months off in total

haven’t got my next midwife appointment until I’m 34+6, it feels like ages away as my last one was 28 weeks, I’m going to message her asking if she can fit me in a bit earlier I just need reassurance my bump is measuring ok and my blood pressure ok and everything

yeah I didn’t buy a breast pump with my first baby until she was a few months old and I knew for sure breastfeeding was going to be successful, they are so expensive! I’ve got a medela swing flex electric pump and a basic medela manual pump so I’ve been getting all the bits together and sterilising them ready, I will also get some of the aptamil ready bottles with the teats

oh god I completely forgot about my hospital bag! I have a list of things I want to take so I’ll make a start on packing it this week, the most exciting bit is definitely packing little outfits for the baby!

I’m planning on working up until I’m 38 weeks and having 10 months off in total

haven’t got my next midwife appointment until I’m 34+6, it feels like ages away as my last one was 28 weeks, I’m going to message her asking if she can fit me in a bit earlier I just need reassurance my bump is measuring ok and my blood pressure ok and everything

I hope they see you for a reassurance appt! That seems such a long time to wait. Is it because this isn't your first?

My next midwife appointment isn't until the 20th sept I'll be 36 weeks my last one was 32 weeks but I'm sure I'm meant to have one in between there somewhere or get seen every 3 instead of 4 weeks . I also haven't heard anything about antenatal classes I'm not really sure if my trust has put them back on yet hence why I'm trying to go solo with the Hypnobirthing.

I was hoping to work until the last possible moment (due 12th Oct) so I didn't start my mat leave too early but considering how uncomfortable I'm getting at work I think the end of sept will be my limit. Which will put me around 38 weeks too.

Great to hear updates from some of you ladies ♥️ xx

So good to hear everyone is doing well :D

I've started to wash and sort out the newborn bits I kept from my daughter. Must admit I'm loving all this sorting out!

I had a growth scan last week at 32 weeks. Baby is growing well and est weight was 4lbs4oz. I have another scan at 36 weeks.

I tried breastfeeding with my first daughter but I didn't get on that well so I'm still undecided on how to feed this time round. I've also got the aptamil bottles ready to take to hospital just incase.

@night owl I hope they manage to fit you in for a midwife appointment before your next scheduled one. I seem to be having appointments every 3-4 weeks at the moment, I'm quite suprised as this is my second baby. She's not exactly very thorough though and seems to miss things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back