***November 2019 Mummies***

Has anyone had their 16 week midwife app? I have mine Thursday I’ll be 16+5 and really hoping she will look for baby’s heartbeat as I feel anxious after our scare. Did anyone else hear their baby’s heartbeat?

How’s everyone’s bumps coming along? Mines forming now! I’m having a reveal party Saturday and shopping for an outfit was a pain!!
I had mine last week and we listened to babys heartbeat :) Im sure your midwife will do it as well xx

So exciting about your reveal party :D Im sure your outfit will look lovely xx
Im slowly starting to show I think but its hard to tell of its food or baby at the moment :rotfl:

Yeah my appointment is tomorrow but not really sure what to expect to be honest! Xx

Yeah my appointment is tomorrow but not really sure what to expect to be honest! Xx

I’ve just had mine.
It’s just getting your results back from your booking appointment really.
My midwife said that they don’t offer to listen to baby’s heartbeat as it’s hard to find.
That being said I requested it and she done it. It was AMAZING! It’s very faint on the machine and i understand why they don’t offer it because it was hard to find. So I wouldn’t worry if you request and they can’t find. I loved hearing it after our scare.

We listened to the heartbeat too! We didn't request it but the midwife said she liked to 'break the rules' so offered us the option haha! There was a student midwife there so she probably had to say that lol. She got it right away for me, but can understand the stress it must cause if they can't find it!
It was faint at first but she must have got the exact right spot because it was super loud then! Was lovely to hear :) xxx

We listened to the heartbeat too! We didn't request it but the midwife said she liked to 'break the rules' so offered us the option haha! There was a student midwife there so she probably had to say that lol. She got it right away for me, but can understand the stress it must cause if they can't find it!
It was faint at first but she must have got the exact right spot because it was super loud then! Was lovely to hear :) xxx

Awww amazing so glad you got to hear your baby’s heartbeat to.
Xx

So nice you both got to hear the heartbeats <3
My midwife was quite amazed because she found it straight away, haha. She put the little wand on my tummy and there it was, loud and clear. She said she normally has to look for it for quite a while and then the mums get concerned, when its just normal for it to take a bit. I loved the look on her face though when we heard it straight away, haha.

So nice you both got to hear the heartbeats <3
My midwife was quite amazed because she found it straight away, haha. She put the little wand on my tummy and there it was, loud and clear. She said she normally has to look for it for quite a while and then the mums get concerned, when its just normal for it to take a bit. I loved the look on her face though when we heard it straight away, haha.

Aww amazing isn’t it? I don’t know about you ladies but I found it more of a realisation that there is a baby in there more than the ultra sound! I think cos you watch a screen during an ultrasound but this was literally a mic on my belly I found it unbelievable!!

It was lovely, glad to got to hear yours too Mandy!
I think the hospital where I give birth will be changing again. The place I had in mind was a consultant-led hospital but in a different trust, so would basically have to do booking all over again! The new choice is a midwife-led unit with a consultant-led delivery suite down the corridor, so I think what I'll do is start off midwife-led so I get the nice room to labour in and then when it gets too much ask for the epidural and move across.
Ridiculously excited for the 20 week scan now, over 3 weeks to go though :brat::brat::brat:

Has anyone had their 16 week midwife app? I have mine Thursday I’ll be 16+5 and really hoping she will look for baby’s heartbeat as I feel anxious after our scare. Did anyone else hear their baby’s heartbeat?

How’s everyone’s bumps coming along? Mines forming now! I’m having a reveal party Saturday and shopping for an outfit was a pain!!

I will be 18+6 at my midwife app on Tuesday, I'm hoping she will let us listen but my friends said at her 18 week app they didnt let her listen but one of her friends they did listen, think it depends on your midwife?
Mines also busy, so we always feel rushed, not sure what will happen?

Ohh have you picked how your revealing?
Whens your scan to find out the gender?
I went shopping for more maternity Jean's as there are none online in my size !! Xx

I will be 18+6 at my midwife app on Tuesday, I'm hoping she will let us listen but my friends said at her 18 week app they didnt let her listen but one of her friends they did listen, think it depends on your midwife?
Mines also busy, so we always feel rushed, not sure what will happen?

Ohh have you picked how your revealing?
Whens your scan to find out the gender?
I went shopping for more maternity Jean's as there are none online in my size !! Xx

You can request it sweet so do that if you want to hear it! I ordered jeans yesterday too, can’t wait until they get here!

@Aprilxxx thats amazing!!! Congratulations xxxx

My midwife offered at my 16 week app. I had seen consultant and had scan day before so was reassured all was fine. I remember my first baby and hearing it and it was the best thing. I can feel baby moving really strongly now and my belly even moves too !! Never expected this to happen this quick but just put it down to it being second baby.
Consultant Gynaecologist tomorrow about my cyst. Need my own parking space at the hosp lol !
We r keeping gender a secret. So hard to prep for clothes. Don’t like much and been to every baby place around. Nothing sits proper unisex. Lots of plain white stuff so far !!

My midwife offered at my 16 week app. I had seen consultant and had scan day before so was reassured all was fine. I remember my first baby and hearing it and it was the best thing. I can feel baby moving really strongly now and my belly even moves too !! Never expected this to happen this quick but just put it down to it being second baby.
Consultant Gynaecologist tomorrow about my cyst. Need my own parking space at the hosp lol !
We r keeping gender a secret. So hard to prep for clothes. Don’t like much and been to every baby place around. Nothing sits proper unisex. Lots of plain white stuff so far !!

I'm on the same boat.. unisex stuff is not nice .. especially if it ends up a girl.. they are a but boyish i think .. makes the wait feel longer lol

It might sound stupid but that's the only reason I want to find out the gender. It's so hard to find unisex stuff anywhere. I barely bought any clothes so far as there's nothing nice around thats gender neutral. Even face cloths or towels are either boy- or girlish. Otherwise I would love for it to be a surprise.

I didn’t find out last time but odds were it was a boy as girls rare. It was a boy !! This time it’s a diff dad. He’s got two girls and I’ve got a boy. So it really 50/50 !!
Totally agree unisex is more boyish.
However if I did know I would have overspent by now as would have got more than I need. I know my mum will turn up at the hosp with a next bag Because I might need a c sec I need to be prepared. Online shopping while healing may be happening ha !!

Yep, because we're finding out we definitely haven't bought much.. all that is to change though!
Do any of you have any experience of or know anything about hypnobirthing? My best friend bought me a book all about it and I've been reading it this weekend. So much so I was practicing the breathing techniques with the lights dimmed, candles on and spa music playing!! It does seem quite a nice option and a lovely way of thinking about birth... but I still have the epidural in the back of my head :rotfl: So I'm definitely still struggling with deciding where and how to give birth!

I'm struggling with deciding how to give birth as well. I do want to be in a hospital, home birth sounds nice but I don't think it would be for me. I've been reading quite a bit about water birth the last few days as it does sound nice and I do love to be in water and have baths etc, so I do think it would relax me but I've got the epidural in the back of my head as well. I just don't think I could cope with the pain without the epidural.

I am exactly the same Mandy.

I think I'm going to go to a birth centre which is alongside a hospital. Will then do hypnobirthing with gas and air and other pain relief for as long as I can but then if/when it gets too much just move across to the hospital for the epidural. I like the pool idea as well but once I tell them the plan I doubt they'll let me use it, I think they only like you to be in the pool when you're ready to pop!

I do recommend reading a hypnobirthing book though, it's certainly helped to calm my anxiety so far. Although there is still a long way to go :) x

My first birth was really traumatic and I needed to be induced so never had the lovely choice of a water birth or anything.

I might need surgery to remove my cyst in the next two weeks. Not too keen on that idea ... hoping at my scan next week it hasn’t grown too much. Don’t fancy being cut open from the side and then having an every growing bump. Needed a blood test to rule out the cyst being cancer too. So my app wasn’t much fun !! However surgery and cancer are very small chance at the moment. More annoyed she told me they can try to remove the cyst if I choose c section but coz I had previous surgery for the same Thing I might be scarred and they can’t do it !!

This pregnancy isn’t as fun as my first. But still very grateful I get to be a mum again and it will all be worth it !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back