***November 2019 Mummies***

Did you see anything you liked?

Ah fab! You are very prepared! Are you all set up or waiting a little longer for that?

If I get my own way we will get a silver cross. My bf says they’re to expensive tho so have seen a joie one I like also!!

Xx

No not set up. Did get the car seat out to have a nose though. I’m quite prepared my bedside crib arrived today and my sleepyhead last week. I am very fortunate all my scans are regular and I’m nearly 23 weeks now so confident all is well.

As we r not finding sex haven’t gone mad on clothes. One thing we are doing is each week when Tescos gets delivered I order a box of wet wipes and a pack of nappies about £7 a week in total. We are on about 8 boxes of 12 packs of wet wipes and over 400 nappies already .... mad I know but they are guaranteed to be used.

I also have made the most of amazons deal with bounty. If you make a baby wish list and spend £20 off this list you get 4x packs of water wipes for free worth £10 ! So I ordered the steriliser I needed which was £20 and wipes for free. This week ordered a set of Baby bottles and got the wipes for free using my husbands acc.

I know babies can have sensitivities to wet wipes so the standard wet wipes won’t be used when it’s really newborn. So the water wipes will be coming in handy then !!

I learnt last time what I went overkill on so this time I am focusing on the things I know we will need !!

Such good tips @Sparklisam!

Scan went ok, baby was not in a good position though so need to go back for another scan next week. Also the sonographer said that she spotted some fluid in the kidneys so they will check this again next time, but I'll need another scan at 32 weeks. It's a problem that seems to resolve itself it most cases so I'm not overly worried. I got the whooping cough vaccination too. We didn't get any pictures either as baby was just not having it lol

BUT we did get to find out the gender, and delighted to say we'll be joining team blue with a baby boy xxxxx :blue::blue::blue:

Last edited:

Scan went ok, baby was not in a good position though so need to go back for another scan next week. Also the sonographer said that she spotted some fluid in the kidneys so they will check this again next time, but I'll need another scan at 32 weeks. It's a problem that seems to resolve itself it most cases so I'm not overly worried. I got the whooping cough vaccination too. We didn't get any pictures either as baby was just not having it lol

BUT we did get to find out the gender, and delighted to say we'll be joining team blue with a baby boy xxxxx :blue::blue::blue:

Aww sorry you couldn’t see much today Chloe! But atleast you get another scan!

Congratulations on finding out your having a baby boy!! How do you feel? Lots of us seem to be having boys right now xxx

Just catching up...

Can’t believe some of you ladies are so organised you are putting me to shame!! I haven’t got a thing for our baby yet.

Also how amazing that your hubbys got to feel the movement!! Bet it feels abit more real to them now!

Can’t wait to see your scan pic tues Chloe, mines on Thursday!!

@TTChloexx

I've bought a rocker and a feeding pillow but only cos my friend was moving house and couldn't keep hold of it but I dont plan on buying anything yet?
Were all in the same boat by the sounds of it lol

I'm so excited for all your scans !!!
Make sure you send pics :D xxx

Omg I must of missed your post as I replied before !!!
Congratulations !!!!!
I'm in for a check up scan at 32 weeks, sometimes it's when everything isnt playing ball...everythings still growing so hopefully it will clear itself.
I was never offered the whooping cough vaccine I've had to book in at my docs this week xx

Awwww congrats on team blue Chloe <3:blue: Soo exciting! At least you've got 2 more scans to look forward to as well! :)

I've had my midwife appt today. My midwife is on leave at the moment so there was another midwife in her place. Nice lady but she seemed to rush things the whole time. Listened to little ones heartbeat for about 3 seconds and that was it. It was nice to hear it but it seemed like as soon as she found it she took the probe off and packed the doppler away, which I found a little weird. Fundal height measurement seems to be right on track though which is good :)

I'll have my next midwife appt in 4 weeks time and will be happy to have my normal midwife back lol.

Thanks ladies! We're over the moon, with 3 sisters I think my mum and dad were desperate for a little boy in the family so we're all very chuffed! But yes a lot of boys so far in the thread... has to be some girls elsewhere...

That whooping cough vaccine has butchered my arm... I have a massive bruise! Also forgot to mention that I was told that my placenta is at the front, which surprises me as I do feel movement quite a bit! And it's also low on my cervix, but it should stretch and move over. It's something else they'll keep an eye on.

Just waiting for the repeat anomaly scan date now, hopefully baby plays ball this time around! xxx

Thanks ladies! We're over the moon, with 3 sisters I think my mum and dad were desperate for a little boy in the family so we're all very chuffed! But yes a lot of boys so far in the thread... has to be some girls elsewhere...

That whooping cough vaccine has butchered my arm... I have a massive bruise! Also forgot to mention that I was told that my placenta is at the front, which surprises me as I do feel movement quite a bit! And it's also low on my cervix, but it should stretch and move over. It's something else they'll keep an eye on.

Just waiting for the repeat anomaly scan date now, hopefully baby plays ball this time around! xxx

My whooping cough really hurt too !! I had to take my LO as it was just easier so had to be brave looking but it really hurt ha. Then for a few days after. I thought I was being a proper wimp so I’m glad I wasn’t the only one !!

@TTChloexx I've got my vaccine this afternoon, hoping it wont hurt !!!

Hopefully baby wont be as shy for your follow up scan !

@Aprilxxx is today your scan???

Question also, is anyone else's bump feeling lower down?
Mine feels lower and not that big yet, I'm trying not to look at images on Google of different ppls bumps as I know were all different...its just my sister said she thinks it looks low???
Xx

@TTChloexx I've got my vaccine this afternoon, hoping it wont hurt !!!

Hopefully baby wont be as shy for your follow up scan !

@Aprilxxx is today your scan???

Question also, is anyone else's bump feeling lower down?
Mine feels lower and not that big yet, I'm trying not to look at images on Google of different ppls bumps as I know were all different...its just my sister said she thinks it looks low???
Xx
Mine is very low to. I wouldn’t worry about it. Sometimes I actually feel baby so low he’s in my pelvis and it hurts me...which was proved in my scan today as she wasn’t scanning my tummy to find him she scanned much, much lower!

20 week scan today!
Baby was not interesting in cooperating. He was so low in my tummy and curled up that I had to jump around! Ha, and when that didn’t work I had to go drink lots and have a walk. 1 hour later baby had all his measurements done and he is perfectly healthy.

DEB2FD42-B67D-42A1-946B-552762C57A45.jpeg

20 week scan today!
Baby was not interesting in cooperating. He was so low in my tummy and curled up that I had to jump around! Ha, and when that didn’t work I had to go drink lots and have a walk. 1 hour later baby had all his measurements done and he is perfectly healthy.

View attachment 86433

Awwww look at him <3
They are so cheeky these lil boys but glad it all went perfect!!!!!

Your placenta and everything normal?

I'm gonna try and not worry!
Xx

20 week scan today!

View attachment 86433
Beautiful picture April! They don't like co-operating do they!!

Awwww look at him <3
They are so cheeky these lil boys but glad it all went perfect!!!!!

Your placenta and everything normal?

I'm gonna try and not worry!
Xx
It was just noted that it is anterior but I knew that anyway. Everything else is fine.
I know so cheeky aren’t they haha.

Aww lovely photo @Aprilxxx <3 Seems like all our boys didn't like cooperating straight away:rotfl: I had to do jumping jacks and wiggle around as well haha

Just wondering girls (might post a separate post for more advice) but if my baby is super low and I have an anterior placenta does anyone think this could be causing my bleeding? Xx

Just wondering girls (might post a separate post for more advice) but if my baby is super low and I have an anterior placenta does anyone think this could be causing my bleeding? Xx

Oh I'm not sure?
I know a low lying placenta can sometimes cause bleeding but anterior is a frontal placenta so I'm not sure.
Maybe ring your midwife? Xx

@Aprilxxx According to the radiographer I have a low lying anterior placenta and I have been lucky enough to have never experienced any bleeding in my pregnancy so far, but that's not to say it's not a cause! Might just be different for each woman or maybe my baby just isn't as low? Like @ChloB said maybe mention it to your midwife see what she says

Hubby finally felt a kick last night!! It was such an obvious little kick, no doubting it - such a lovely moment for us to share :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back