New Year, New You! [The Big Weightloss Thread]

I'll be taking pictures and looking for very honest opinions! Then decide if I should keep or return it.

What's everyone planning for dinner tonight?

Mamafy, good job on the treadmill hun :yay:

Dinner I think either chicken and salad or steak and salad :D

Treadmill got a real pounding and I enjoyed it, put my music up and never knew the time :yay:

gotta enjoy a good pounding mamafy ;)

ooo nic looking forward to seeing your dress :yay:

well all was going wonderfully this weekend, then we went shopping and the kfc found me :wall2: but i've pointed it in, done my exercise dvd tonight and hoping the week we still be ok! fingers crossed!!

going to make some lovely noodles for dinner, i shall try and be ultra good with my points from now till friday, but its valentines weekend next weekend :wall2:

i had salmon for dinner..

my MIL has annoyed me though.. she cooked the salmon in ten tonnes of butter and wine, then she took the piss because i didnt want dessert.. she was saying its ok to eat as much as her (shes on WW) what she doesnt get is im loosing an average of 5lb a week and over the past 3 weeks she put on 4lb.. hmm shouldnt that be telling her something!?

grrr...

:hug: terrie, i hate people who are unsupportive when your obviously trying and doing so well, it's so disheartening :hug: x

actually everybody was a bit pissy with me tonight..

my SIL walked in as i was talking to OHs nan about my weight and she rolled her eyes and told me to 'stop going on about it'

maybe im just tired and emotional lol

gotta enjoy a good pounding mamafy ;)

ooo nic looking forward to seeing your dress :yay:

well all was going wonderfully this weekend, then we went shopping and the kfc found me :wall2: but i've pointed it in, done my exercise dvd tonight and hoping the week we still be ok! fingers crossed!!

going to make some lovely noodles for dinner, i shall try and be ultra good with my points from now till friday, but its valentines weekend next weekend :wall2:

I bloody wish :rofl:

:rofl: mamafy, me to! stuuuppppiiiddd af!

terrie :hug: don't think your tired and emotional, when your dieting it is hard, and we all need to talk about it to others in RL too :hug: xx

to go or not to go...

my OH has a meeting on weds at 7pm so i cant go to that SW meeting but there is one at 5.30 i could go to if i just pop in to get weighed and then leave straight after.

thing is ive been so so naughty this weekend ive put on weight and i cant b assed going just for them to tell me ive put on weight and then they might think i havent stayed for the meeting because ive put on :S

should i just miss this week and go next week when i can sit and enjoy the meeting too?

Ermmm hard one, I think I'd go and by Wednesday that's ample time to have at least levelled off if you're good :D

i think i'd probably just go to the one you can make hon, just to kinda check in, if it was me, it would probably help keep my on track.
not the same, but i make sure i log into my ww account (done online) every day and track my food, even yesterdays kfc :wall2: as it helps keep me going :)

im doing shit girls.

hows everybody else doing?

why terrie? don't panic and sounds patronising, but don't let one slip up make it a bad week etc :hug:

all good over here, i want to reach the stone mark this week, which would be 3lb's, but i'm sure i've not done it, as i naughtily weighed this morning and was only 1lb down :cry:

Does anyone want to take over updating the thread for me?

I can if you want? :) Is it up to date as it stands?

I'm too "depressed" about it to continue updating I'm afraid :rofl: But will join back in again soon !

Some interesting statistics from my coursework this week:

Diseases of inactivity are the leading cause of death in the UK.

Your chances of having heart disease, certain cancers, Osteoarthritis, osteoporosis, and obesity related deaths are lower by simply exercising.

The findings from HEA 1995 and ADS 1992 (relate to men and women, ages 16 to 74 years):

• most adults believe they do enough exercise to keep fit

• 70% of men and 80% of women are not active enough to benefit their health

• 90% of adults believe that it is fairly important to exercise regularly yet only 40% do it

• 80% were not aware of how much to do

• 2/3 of women and 1/3 of men found it difficult to walk briskly up a slight slope for a while

• 1/3 of men and 1/2 of women aged between 65 and 74 do not have sufficient muscle strength or power to lift 50% of their body weight, making everyday movements difficult - such as getting up from a chair without using their arms

• to reduce mortality (ACSM, 1998)

o frequency 5-7 times a week
o intensity 50-90% of MHR
o time 30 minutes in total
o type rhythmical use of large muscles

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members