**** June & July 2013 Mummies and Babies ****

Hi girls! Lovely to see everyone is getting on well... And that I'm not the only one grabbing just a few hours at night! My oh is still off work for another 2 weeks thank god, but I too am absolutely dreading him going back to work. My big boy has broken up from school now so I'm thinking ahead for what we can do for entertainment during the holidays! Any ideas very welcome!
I'm still managing to keep up with the breastfeeding but my god it is hard. I don't seem to be able to express very successfully so going anywhere too far from home is a big no no at the mo which is frustrating as I want to get out and about! Has anyone else got the tommee tippee electric expresser? Any hints or tips for how to get more out?!? Xxxx

Tommee tippee expressor is pants lol, sorry if you've spent a lot on it. The tt bottles are the best but honestly I'd invest in a medela swing if you are serious about expressing. Its just a mini version of the one they use in hospitals & is really excellent. When I came him from hospital ( I had also bought the tt electric one before birth ) after one session on the tt I went straight out & bought the medela. Its pricey but worth it x

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

How's your stitches & that healing up dani? Mine have completely dissolved already and my bleeding is hardly anything. I even had a sex dream last night :blush: so I must be getting back to normal haha.

Canr believe 18 days ago I was still pregnant haha x

I cant see many of mine as they are inside, but i have a on the inside of my labia and i can still see them so not quite dissolved, but getting there! Still sore to wipe to im dabbing and still pouring water ina jug after ive wee'd to have a lil clean up.
Bleeding has slowed right down tho!! hardly anything so ive switches from the massive maternity pads to the normal always pads now.. Cant wait for my 1st period n all healed up so i can start wearing tampons again lol! HATE PADS!! feel like a right nappy arse!

Its mental to think im a mummy!! and i have this little boy to look after :) Hes puts smiles on my face the 2nd i wake up and look at him :) hes tooo scrummy haha!

Next mother and baby mini catolgue just came thru the post.... NEED TO TRY AND NOT LOG ONTO MY NEXT ACCOUNT AND SPEND! lol xxx

Tommee tippee expressor is pants lol, sorry if you've spent a lot on it. The tt bottles are the best but honestly I'd invest in a medela swing if you are serious about expressing. Its just a mini version of the one they use in hospitals & is really excellent. When I came him from hospital ( I had also bought the tt electric one before birth ) after one session on the tt I went straight out & bought the medela. Its pricey but worth it x

Ohhh no really?!? How annoying... Especially as I've just looked and the Mandela is currently cheaper than this one! I've just read up a bit more and someone recommends taking off the boob bit and stick my nipple right into the nozzle.. So will give that a go before I spend another fortune! I also tried hand expressing and literally got nothing. This poor baby must have to work so hard to get my milk out! Xxx

And Dani... Nappy arse! Haha love it! I'm the same though, hate pads, feel like they make me sweaty and itchy - nice! Xxx

Last edited:
Think the MW did a shit job stitching the one side of my foof..
How its split i dno cos its on the lip/labia high up almost near my clitorus! The stitch looks loose and it doesnt look like the skin has closed n joined bk together.. Just looks like a lil flap!? So hard to explain, dw i wont go uploading piks lmao!! Its not an open wound anymore but doesnt look like it did before or tr other side lmao!

God nos what they have done inside my poor foof then!!! :shock:

Hay girls been away for few days hope your all well and babies are doing great. Harry has learnt to smile now and its so amazing melts my heart every time. Its so crazy how fast they change xx

Can't believe I've only just noticed this?!

Can't believe Oskar is 2 weeks tomorrow :shock: !! Him and I are both such sweaty Betty's at the moment LOL.
We got discharged today and the little chunk weighs 8lbs 14oz!! I'm suffering with raw skin around my stitches and a UTI..nice. Never am I letting anyone near that area again!

Hope everyone is good :)

xxxx

Awh Katie, sorry to hear your suffering :(

Harrison is 7lb 8oz now, & was 5lb 10oz at birth so has put on nearly 2lb in 17 days! Little fatty haha x

The UTI hurts more than my stitches! Gotta go get some anti biotics tomorrow and hopefully it'll clear up!

I thought the pain would end once he was out... how wrong was I!!

xxxx

No one warns us about pur poor bodies after we give birth!! X

No one warns us about pur poor bodies after we give birth!! X

No thats true! I breezed through pregnancy completely unscathed. Now I have carpal tunnel syndrome (intense wrist pain) and a stitched perineum that I just wish would be back to normal!

I'm beening naughty and looking and dreaming of joining your thread !!! 9 days over so far .. Think I'm going more over than you dani :0 hope all our little ones are well and beening good for there mummys x

I'm beening naughty and looking and dreaming of joining your thread !!! 9 days over so far .. Think I'm going more over than you dani :0 hope all our little ones are well and beening good for there mummys x

You'll be here before you know it! I was in such a hurry for my LO to arrive and now I miss him being all mine tucked away in my tummy. Enjoy you're last days (or maybe hours) of them being just yours (and not crying ;-)) xx

I want my old foof back :(

Wish these stitches would hurry up and dissolve!!
I got a split laboa aswell.. Literally looks like someone has got scissors and snipped it!? Cant work out how that bit split!
But my poor pernieum :(

Aww bbybump i hope u dnt go over 10days :( bless u!! Xxxx

Awh dani, I think a torn labia is fairly common, I'm sure it will be healed in no time.

On a similar note, I think I'm gearing up to dtd :blush:. Its been nearly 6 weeks since we last did it, & I'm almost 3 weeks post partum. My stitches have healed & my bleeding has stopped. Just got to book a doctors appt for the mini-pill, then a 7 day wait which should be enough time for me to pluck up the courage haha.

Although I'm wondering how akward it will be dtd with Harrison in the room haha. I know almost everybody does it, but I think I will be really aware that he's there!

Ohh god i wouldnt even no when i feel ready for sex!

Im guna go bk on my normal pill i was on before i got pregnant as im no longer BFing so it wont e an issue.
Think i might wait till my 6wk check up tho!
I no im not ready yet as its still a little tender even when i wipe lol. I cant see the 1st time being enjoyable tho lol.. Poor OH!!

God Sarah Louise you're good!! I am still a little sore and bleeding but it is definitely coming to an end so made me think about dtd and when I'd be ready. I decided prob not for another couple of weeks yet but u hope that doesn't mean it's even more awkward when it comes around haha! Poor oh's!

How's everyone getting on sleep wise? I'd be interested to know what (if any) sleep patterns are like at night time during this first month so we can see how much they change in the coming months. Mine are roughly as follows:
11pm feed
2/3am feed
5 am feed
7am feed

Xxxx

Mine is:
10:30pm
1am
3am
5am
7am

So pretty much the same as you!

I'm finding the lack of sleep the hardest thing tbh, so tired!

We have no routine!! Last night went 1am up until 2.30am then slept till 6am and still sleeping now!

As for dtd - Ohs got a long wait haha!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back