**** June & July 2013 Mummies and Babies ****

Becky1

Reaction score
I noticed we hadn't got a group for the June / July babies yet so thought I'd set one up as there are a few of us over here now. It's so exciting to be in this section now although feels slightly odd not be in the ttc or pregnancy areas now! I never thought or dared hope I'd get here!

My LO is Joshua James and he was born on 26th June so is about 2 1/2 weeks old now and I love him so much!

Hope everyone is coping with the heat ok? I never thought I'd moan its too hot but it is far too hot for LO's!

Ooo thanks for making a thread Becky!! Been looking out for one (don't know why I didn't make one myself)
I properly miss the pregnancy section! I wanted Daisy here so bad but now it's all over, I just want to be pregnant again :( I'll get over it. She was born 22nd June and is a right mini me!!

And I can't cope with this heat so don't know how the babies are handling it! She's been a right sweaty betty these past few days! Luckily she enjoys a bath!

Yippee I been waiting for someone to make a group for us. Am mummy to Harry born June 14. Hes amazing but I to am really missing my bump. Arr and this heat is a killer. Hard enough sleeping with a new born as it is but the heat is not helping xxx

Yeah!!! Hello girls, good to see all your familiar faces. Thanks for starting the thread Becky!!
Im mummy to Rory born 26 th June so birthday buddies Becky! Im already wondering what I did before I had Rory! How are we all doing?

It seems super hot tonight, the groegg is in the red and reading 26.1 :-( I've got a feeling it's going to be a long night... Josh slept most of the afternoon and is so far showing no sign of sleep tonight. When am I supposed to work on getting him into a routine?

I'm really missing my bump still - although I don't like to think to much what it'd be like in this heat!

Harry hss only just fell asleep he hss slept pretty much all day I think cos of the heat so has been bit of a tinker of an evening. Am trying to do the whole bath bottle bed thing with him but not really working. Hes still feeding every 2 hours aswell am hoping he will start to go bit longer soon but hes just so greedy xx

Yeah the heat is definitely knocking them out then! She was awake for a couple of hours or so and is now back asleep in her Moses basket!
Don't know about routines, I assume its when they start going longer between feeds? She's every 3 hours atm, sometimes longer through the night!

Miss being pregnant too! But I'm struggling in this heat as it is so can't imagine being pregnant in it!

Hey girls! Glad there's a June/July group :)
My lg was born 29th June. She's nearly 3wks old and it's flying by!
Heat is defo knocking her out too lol but she's sleeping we'll in the night too, we hvent got a routine yet but I think going to start making one because she's almost found one herself.
Glad we're not pregnant in this heat!! I wouldn't wanna leave the house lol
Hope ur doing well :) xx

Tapatalking. X

Im dead to the world!!!

I have a very greeeedy boy that wantd constant nipple or cuddles lol !!!

Neeeedd sleeeeep? Just doesnt wana sleep in his moses basket hmmm xxx

She was the same babyslog! Times when you're falling asleep holding them though that you have to just put them to bed :(
Pretty sure I said on about day 2 'I won't be letting her have a dummy yet, she doesn't need one'
Day 5 'best purchase ever'
White noise has helped my nephew sleep and go to bed too (he's 3+half weeks) so worth a try! Xx

Hello mummies, Harrison is 9 days old today.

Last night/this morning was soo hard!

Harrison wasn't putting on any weight from being breastfed & they have given me 48 hours from Friday to fatten him up or they are going to re-admit us to hospital. So our new feeding routine is: on the boob til he falls asleep (usually takes around 15minutes, then Daddy winds him & I express for 10 minutes, then wake him & give him the expressed. Its a nightmare tbh & we are having to wake every 2 hours for this!

With how hot it is he's just not interested either so makes it even harder!

Dani, don't worry about his clingyness, you can't spoil a newborn. Give him all the cuddles he wants x

Thanks Becky for starting this thread.

My little girl Ana was born on the 5th July. She is such a good girl, sleeps most of the time, and this heat isnt helping. I on the otherhand am still feeling very emotional. I have been getting cold sweats about the thought of going back to work (only been on mat leave for 3 weeks).

I didn't really enjoy being on mat leave last time, I would spend most of the day waiting for OH to come home from work. I want to make the most of it this time though. I have hardly any friends where we live even though I have been here for 4 years now. My friends are work colleagues and so in just over a week I know they will be on summer holidays so will be able to see them more. Iknow I just need to be proactive and go to mother, bay and toddler groups. Tomos will only go to nursery 2 days a week from August so I will just have to get on with it. It also doesnt help that both mine and OHs family dont live close by.

Sorry for moaning, I love my little family, but have this deep panging pain in my chest and feel like I could burst out in tears at any second.

Hi ladies! Thanks for starting this Becky!

My second boy Max was born 3rd July so is 11 days old today. I too have been struggling with the constant feeding and have already been ill twice through being run down (1 tummy upset and 1 hot/cold sweats day) but am now making sure I take my vitamins and drink lots of water which seems to be helping. Best positive is that I have already lost 1 and a half stone since my full term weight! Woo hoo!

Marble star don't be afraid to talk to your doctor if you continue to feel super emotional. I'm sure we all feel more emotional somedays more than others, but if it starts to continuously panic you then perhaps some advice would help? My friend went to a fantastic postnatal group (NOT PND) where she made lots of friends and they were all able to talk through their struggles and worries and it really helped her. She did have to pay for it though which was the only bummer! If not, vent to us! Xxxxzz

Hi girla2 lovely to see you all again I hope babies and mums are all well, ryan is 4 weeks old today, thefirst 2 wees were awful, he has colic andcreflux and he and I cried every night but so much better now. Marble felt a bit like you I was on the verge of tears at any moment it was awful I felt so low but now hes feeling a bit better and settling in I feel a little more like myself again

I've just realised today is possibly the first day I haven't cried (happy, sad or stressed out tears).

Mable - I think being proactive and joining groups will help. All I do at the moment is meet girls from my antenatal group - I often can't be bothered but when I go I enjoy myself and am always glad I made the effort!

I've just realised today is possibly the first day I haven't cried (happy, sad or stressed out tears).

That's great hun :)

To make my self feel better today I tried to make a mental list of all the things which are better now that I'm not pregnant, although I really miss being pregnant, miss my bump and had a little cry as I realised I dont have a photo of my bump taken on the day I gave birth - stupid thing I'd wanted to do as I'd done it last time!

The best thing so far is being able to sleep on my front.

Also not feeling like I'm going to throw up when brushing my teeth.

And finally being able to fit into my old clothes (some are even too big) as I weight 10lbs less now than I did when I got pregnant.

Last edited:
I still haven't weighed myself!

I can't bare to :( my tummy has pretty much completely shrunk but I still feel like a hephalump!

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hope you're feeling good mablestarr and woah at the weight loss! I'd like to weight what I was pre-preg or less :(
I put on 3 stone preg and have lost 2 stone so far! My stomach is mostly gone but I think the last stone is going to take some actual effort with diet and exercise *sob*

Im no longer breast feeding! I managed to hand express from my right boob 1oz for him but it was so painful to do. The nipple is horrendous!
N cos he was still constantly feeding from me left side thats now got reskly sore n is heading in same direction. I dread the next feed, ive been crying cos i didnt wanna give up but he just is to demanding on the boob for md to keep up. I had about 5hrs sleep since thurs.. So lastnight we made the choice and went and bought formula. Hes taken to bottle amazing a bit sicky but was expected cos of thd change over. He slept smazing lastnight only wsking up for 2feeds!! Feel much better about it.
But i have 2 midwifes coming today.. Mine to do the prick test n daily vist plus the breast feeding one that weighed noah yest n advised about me expressing.
Im scared what attitude she will have to be just giving up!
Hes had 5 days on solid breast feeding,
He only lost 4.6% so it shows he was being fed great! Just dnt aant some wonen coming here tellinv me i made s bad choice!
I may try and see if i can express later if i can handle the pain.
Boobs rock solid this morning!! Almost filling up my armpit :shock: lol xx

Oh honey, I had the exact same position as you. I fed on the breast for 5 days and then it just got too much. Couldnt feed him enough, dreading feeding, sore nipples, expressing ok but not having the time and a mw who had helped me so much. I gave Rory a bottle and had a brilliant nights sleep. I could feel myself going into a kind of dark hole with the bf and as soon as I made the decision to move to formula it felt like a massive dark cloud lifted. My husband actually commented on the transformation! He is now thriving on formula and gaining weight. There is opportunity for lots of help with feeding etc. i did feel guilty initially about it but I know I made the right decision. Rory is 3 weeks old tomorrow and we are both far happier people. I just told the mw and that was that. Its your decision not theres.

Its your decision though and Im aware breast is considered best but only if it works for you. It can take weeks for your milk supply to get up and ready so if you do keep going it will get easier. I think you need to do whats right for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back