*** July 2019 Mummies ***

We have a few names in mind but not chosen one yet. Like with the other 2 I feel I need to see him before making a final decision.
Annoyingly my OH has announced to people what names we are thinking of:roll:
We told a few people what name we had in mind with our first and some people expressed a dislike. We ended up going with that name and I will always know that those people don’t like it. Not that it matters but i’d prefer it if people didn’t give their opinions!
With our 2nd I told my OH not to tell anyone what names we were thinking of and when she was born we announced the name with with the birth and of course no one could say anything bad:wink:
So I was a bit annoyed when my OH told his fam and friends our top names this time. His argument is that he doesn’t care what others think and I know he’s right but I just wanted it to be our ‘secret’ until the birth like last time.

Growth scan on Wed’s! Can’t wait to see him again:)
People keep asking us if we have names but we aren’t telling anyone. I don’t care about their opinion but at the same time want to keep it secret too. And until we meet them we won’t be totally certain anyway.

People also keep asking me when I’m having a c section which is weird. Chances are I will have one but right now who knows!

Excited for your growth scan xx

We have a few names in mind but not chosen one yet. Like with the other 2 I feel I need to see him before making a final decision.
Annoyingly my OH has announced to people what names we are thinking of:roll:
We told a few people what name we had in mind with our first and some people expressed a dislike. We ended up going with that name and I will always know that those people don’t like it. Not that it matters but i’d prefer it if people didn’t give their opinions!
With our 2nd I told my OH not to tell anyone what names we were thinking of and when she was born we announced the name with with the birth and of course no one could say anything bad:wink:
So I was a bit annoyed when my OH told his fam and friends our top names this time. His argument is that he doesn’t care what others think and I know he’s right but I just wanted it to be our ‘secret’ until the birth like last time.

Growth scan on Wed’s! Can’t wait to see him again:)

I've not told anyone our name choices because of same reason as you, don't want to hear others negative opinions and they can't say anything once baby is here! But of course, DH has went and told our top choice of name to several people already even though we agreed we wouldn't... he can never keep a secret so I expected it from him to be honest. One person said they loved the name, and another said they didn't like it and questioned whether I liked it as well or just DH that likes it!

On another note... pregnancy hormones have finally hit my emotions! I've been completely fine and happy all through so far, even during first trimester morning sickness, which surprised DH as usually I get really grumpy during my period. But yesterday I ended up in tears and laughing at the same time suddenly. When DH asked why I was crying, I replied because I can't get comfortable on the sofa in any position at all, I feel fat with these massive thighs, and I need to pee again even though I just went 5 minutes ago (in between the tears and laughter). DH found it hilarious and has already told several people about it...

I've not told anyone our name choices because of same reason as you, don't want to hear others negative opinions and they can't say anything once baby is here! But of course, DH has went and told our top choice of name to several people already even though we agreed we wouldn't... he can never keep a secret so I expected it from him to be honest. One person said they loved the name, and another said they didn't like it and questioned whether I liked it as well or just DH that likes it!

On another note... pregnancy hormones have finally hit my emotions! I've been completely fine and happy all through so far, even during first trimester morning sickness, which surprised DH as usually I get really grumpy during my period. But yesterday I ended up in tears and laughing at the same time suddenly. When DH asked why I was crying, I replied because I can't get comfortable on the sofa in any position at all, I feel fat with these massive thighs, and I need to pee again even though I just went 5 minutes ago (in between the tears and laughter). DH found it hilarious and has already told several people about it...

I am also getting a bit frustrated with being uncomfortable. Hubby is being very nice to me...however he would completely do what your DH did and laugh at me and share it round :lol:

Punch him in the leg, it will make you feel better :)

rant coming -

Text from sil asking if we are ‘still going’ For lunch on my birthday in a couple of weeks as she’s trying to find childcare. Don’t know why I’m supposed, she already gave zero fucks about me asking me to plan and do my own baby shower because she was too busy. We planned this months ago because dh is at uni and cannot take the day off now. She’s such a selfish cow.

Text my other sil and said if she cans it, I hope that we are still able to go.

Letting me down is one thing, letting a pregnant women down is another kettle all together. She’s an arsehole. Watch this space. She’s gonna bin it, I know it

Punch him in the leg, it will make you feel better :)

Oh don't worry, I got back at him for laughing at me!

That's awful about your sis in law. Really annoying when someone let's you down like that after having had the plans for months, especially after the whole baby shower thing too. Hopefully you can still go without her and have a good time, don't let her ruin your birthday!

Oh don't worry, I got back at him for laughing at me!

That's awful about your sis in law. Really annoying when someone let's you down like that after having had the plans for months, especially after the whole baby shower thing too. Hopefully you can still go without her and have a good time, don't let her ruin your birthday!

Going to go for lunch with dh the day before. I’d like to go to the bar where he proposed on my birthday 3 years ago, it’s a roof top one and is lovely but there is no lift and literally hundreds of stairs - that ain’t happening, lol.

Funny as we met in a pub opposite that bar, then he proposed in the bar and we got married at the town hall which is 200m down the road - all very local, lol.

Does anyone have any cold/flu advice for pregnancy? I've been so healthy until now and just crumbled in a heap!

Also can we talk about bump size. Is anyone else the size of a house? I cant get over how big my bump is and how uncomfortable it is! The size of my bump at 28 weeks this time was the same size as when I delivered my son...late!
I was in town yesterday and a couple actually laughed as I walked past. Hoping it was a coincidence but not sure it was!

Does anyone have any cold/flu advice for pregnancy? I've been so healthy until now and just crumbled in a heap!

Also can we talk about bump size. Is anyone else the size of a house? I cant get over how big my bump is and how uncomfortable it is! The size of my bump at 28 weeks this time was the same size as when I delivered my son...late!
I was in town yesterday and a couple actually laughed as I walked past. Hoping it was a coincidence but not sure it was!

I had 3 colds in the space of 2 months. 2 do them were horrendous! I didn't take paracetamol but u could take a small dose if u need to. I was just on the honey and lemon in hot water. Lots of fluids. Soup. Take time off work, rest up. Sleep as much as possible. U need to let your body fully recover otherwise u will get sick again. Dont push yourself.

Bump size - mine is quite a nice size. I'm 29+2 and pleased with how it is right now. No stretchmarks yet either!

Cold wise I’ve had one on and off for 3-4 months now, some days it feels worse and I can’t shake it. Same with a phlegm (sorry) cough. It won’t shift but my chest is clear so just have to put up with it sadly. When I cough or sneeze one hand holds my bump and the other holds my chest as it hurts, it clicks now too! Fluids, rest, vit c and paracetamol is pretty much all we can do.

My bump is big, at least I think it is. Then some people comment that I don’t look big for twins. How many twin pregnancies have they seen? I dunno. Happy to send a pm with a pic (not particularly flattering) but I’ve got nothing to compare it to. Although when I was in mau the other week, a lady was the same size as me and they took her through to the delivery suite - I was 28 weeks!

A few have said that the bump suits me. 8’ not so sure, keep trying to get through gaps and then finding I don’t fit! Particularly when someone parks their car close to mine, I struggle to get in and out!

Got reflexology later and a calf massage to hopefully sort my aching legs, bliss

Bump size - mine is quite a nice size. I'm 29+2 and pleased with how it is right now. No stretchmarks yet either!
None for me either yet, I use aqueous cream on my bump in the shower and then cocoa butter when I get out. I’ve still got a fair way to stretch though so I’d be surprised if I didn’t get any in the end

I had 3 colds in the space of 2 months. 2 do them were horrendous! I didn't take paracetamol but u could take a small dose if u need to. I was just on the honey and lemon in hot water. Lots of fluids. Soup. Take time off work, rest up. Sleep as much as possible. U need to let your body fully recover otherwise u will get sick again. Dont push yourself.

I had to buckle and take paracetamol as my throat was so sore and swollen. Piling in the fluids, however feel I am peeing them out just as quickly. But at least I'll be super hydrated! Thanks for the advice x

Cold wise I’ve had one on and off for 3-4 months now, some days it feels worse and I can’t shake it. Same with a phlegm (sorry) cough. It won’t shift but my chest is clear so just have to put up with it sadly. When I cough or sneeze one hand holds my bump and the other holds my chest as it hurts, it clicks now too! Fluids, rest, vit c and paracetamol is pretty much all we can do.

My bump is big, at least I think it is. Then some people comment that I don’t look big for twins. How many twin pregnancies have they seen? I dunno. Happy to send a pm with a pic (not particularly flattering) but I’ve got nothing to compare it to. Although when I was in mau the other week, a lady was the same size as me and they took her through to the delivery suite - I was 28 weeks!

A few have said that the bump suits me. 8’ not so sure, keep trying to get through gaps and then finding I don’t fit! Particularly when someone parks their car close to mine, I struggle to get in and out!

Got reflexology later and a calf massage to hopefully sort my aching legs, bliss

Oh poor you having a cold on and off for so long! Our immune systems takw a real beating with pregnancy. I'd love to see a bump pic. I have never known anyone pregnant with twins so only have all my singleton mum friends to compare to.
I have another growth scan tomorrow so I'm excited/scared to see how much they weigh then!!! We are having it at 31+2 as we are away next week. So far they have doubled every scan!!!

Ohhh enjoy the massage and reflexology, I hope it works miracles for you as achey legs are not fun!!!

I had to buckle and take paracetamol as my throat was so sore and swollen. Piling in the fluids, however feel I am peeing them out just as quickly. But at least I'll be super hydrated! Thanks for the advice x

Oh poor you having a cold on and off for so long! Our immune systems takw a real beating with pregnancy. I'd love to see a bump pic. I have never known anyone pregnant with twins so only have all my singleton mum friends to compare to.
I have another growth scan tomorrow so I'm excited/scared to see how much they weigh then!!! We are having it at 31+2 as we are away next week. So far they have doubled every scan!!!

Ohhh enjoy the massage and reflexology, I hope it works miracles for you as achey legs are not fun!!!
Exciting for the scan! What weights were they last time, was it 2lb something ? (I’m sorry, my memory is bloody awful these days). I read somewhere that babies put on 1/2lb a week from 30, but I’m not sure if that’s the same for twins. It that’s the case mine could be 5lb by 32! Bonkers.

They’ve been right up under my ribs today, there is no room to play there!

Two weeks until my next scan.

If they get to big do they try to get them to come sooner? Is there such a thing as too big for twins? I honestly have no idea

Exciting for the scan! What weights were they last time, was it 2lb something ? (I’m sorry, my memory is bloody awful these days). I read somewhere that babies put on 1/2lb a week from 30, but I’m not sure if that’s the same for twins. It that’s the case mine could be 5lb by 32! Bonkers.

They’ve been right up under my ribs today, there is no room to play there!

Two weeks until my next scan.

If they get to big do they try to get them to come sooner? Is there such a thing as too big for twins? I honestly have no idea

Last scan t1 was 2lb 10oz this time 4lbs!!!! T2 2lb 7oz this time 3lb 14oz!
I cant believe that at 31 weeks I am carrying almost 8lbs of baby!
They have both moved up the centile chart! We were in shock to say the least. I have quite a petite frame so no wonder my bump looks so big. Everything healthy and looking good except t1 enddiastolic flow which is the very end of the low side. So consultant after holiday to re evaluate.
Also the best news t1 head down and very unlikely to move now. So I cant have the vaginal birth I wanted!!!!

Radley I'm excited to see what your next growth scan holds! Whoever said twins slow down must be telling lies!

They still aim for 37-38 weeks regardless of size as long as it isn't compromising mum. Bring on the 9lb twins!!!!!

Really can't imagine how you ladies with the twins are coping. I'm already feeling heavy and tired etc and only one baby in there... good luck to you both! You should be finishing up for mat leave soon right?

Last scan t1 was 2lb 10oz this time 4lbs!!!! T2 2lb 7oz this time 3lb 14oz!
I cant believe that at 31 weeks I am carrying almost 8lbs of baby!
They have both moved up the centile chart! We were in shock to say the least. I have quite a petite frame so no wonder my bump looks so big. Everything healthy and looking good except t1 enddiastolic flow which is the very end of the low side. So consultant after holiday to re evaluate.
Also the best news t1 head down and very unlikely to move now. So I cant have the vaginal birth I wanted!!!!

Radley I'm excited to see what your next growth scan holds! Whoever said twins slow down must be telling lies!

They still aim for 37-38 weeks regardless of size as long as it isn't compromising mum. Bring on the 9lb twins!!!!!

Amazing weights! My goodness! And that’s good that t1 is head down and unlikely to love now, I did wonder how much longer they can move about for as space is definitely limited.

If mine grow like yours they will be 4 and a half lb but 32. Flippin eck.

No wonder we feel knackered, and you are still doing your shifts - you literally are wonderwomen!

Really can't imagine how you ladies with the twins are coping. I'm already feeling heavy and tired etc and only one baby in there... good luck to you both! You should be finishing up for mat leave soon right?
We are all doing amazingly, single or multiple babies

Major pressure today on the pelivis. Felt like they were trying to get out. BP check was fine, still have protein in the urine - seems that isn’t going to change and also leukocytes do sample being sent off in case I have a uti. Might explain the pressure a bit but it’s just so hard to tell.

I think we are all doing amazingly! One baby or two babies it's a huge strain on all our bodies and pregnancy is not easy. We're all rocking it so keep it up :cheer:
I will be finishing before the planned 34 weeks as I am not comfortable on my feet for so long. I think I will have to dip out pretty soon if I am honest. How are you?

Amazing weights! My goodness! And that’s good that t1 is head down and unlikely to love now, I did wonder how much longer they can move about for as space is definitely limited.

If mine grow like yours they will be 4 and a half lb but 32. Flippin eck.

No wonder we feel knackered, and you are still doing your shifts - you literally are wonderwomen!

Can't wait to see what your girls weigh!!! I think my work days are coming to an end very soon. I have really hit a wall this last week. Time for some r n r at home chasing a 4 year old around....ummm?!

I think we are all doing amazingly! One baby or two babies it's a huge strain on all our bodies and pregnancy is not easy. We're all rocking it so keep it up :cheer:
I will be finishing before the planned 34 weeks as I am not comfortable on my feet for so long. I think I will have to dip out pretty soon if I am honest. How are you?

Can't wait to see what your girls weigh!!! I think my work days are coming to an end very soon. I have really hit a wall this last week. Time for some r n r at home chasing a 4 year old around....ummm?!

I wouldn’t be any use chasing a four year old right now, I struggle to not get tripped over by my two cats with my crutches, lol.
Been signed off next week then I start leave so that’s me done now work wise which is a relief tbh. Frustrating as without the pdp I think I’d be alright now, I’m used to the sickness and tiredness. But omg, the hip pain at night has cranked up a notch again, awful. Bed to myself tonight at least as dh is on nights so I can spread out to my hearts delight

We’ve booked nct as well now. I don’t really think it’s going to tell me much (apart from the breast feeding stuff) but I’m so worried about being isolated and not knowing anyone that we are literally paying to make friends (which bugs me as I’d rather spend the money on something else, lol and I’m skint)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back