• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** January 2020 Mummies ***

@Kitana I will say the baby will help a lot with your grandad. My nana passed away shortly before my nephew was born my grandad just lights up when he sees him. It’s helped him lots xx

Thank you ladies, it's been so hard, I'm extra emotional and I'm trying to be strong for him. But when I drive back home in the evening, I always have a good cry in the car since I always comfort him, but there is nobody to comfort me.

Since he was totally dependant on my grandmother, my brother, my uncle (who lives an hour away) and I (also an hour away) take turns taking care of him and keeping him company. My mother was only able to book a flight today from Jakarta, she will be here tomorrow, so we have one extra person to help.

He can't be left alone since he can sometimes get very confused and disoriented.

After the funeral next week, we will probably have to put him in a nursing home. The good thing is that he now lives in a service flat opposite the nursing home, so he won't have to go far, but I'm dreading having to remove all my grandmother's possessions...

My granddad got very angry with her yesterday, saying she left him behind, that she didn't wait until the baby was born... I feel so sad but I'm happy she knew I was pregnant. I hope he hangs on before the baby is born...

Thank you for the support ladies, it's extra hard when you're emotional and pregnant...

How is everyone today today? My oh is on night shift this week. I get the bed to myself so i’m managing to get super comfy but I miss him. My nausea has eased off. Hopefully now I’ve said that it won’t come back lol x

How is everyone today today? My oh is on night shift this week. I get the bed to myself so i’m managing to get super comfy but I miss him. My nausea has eased off. Hopefully now I’ve said that it won’t come back lol x

Saw my midwife yesterday, was a different one to the one i saw at the booking in appointment.. then found out I will see yet another new one at my next appointment in October... don't like this at all. Only good thing at the meeting was listening to little ones heartbeat.
Also have to go the mental health midwife on Friday as it looks like I've got ante natal depression and anxiety now...
Pregnancy wise, I have no symptoms at all. I can feel baby move occasionally and especially when close to the bladder, it's such a strange feeling at the moment...

Saw my midwife yesterday, was a different one to the one i saw at the booking in appointment.. then found out I will see yet another new one at my next appointment in October... don't like this at all. Only good thing at the meeting was listening to little ones heartbeat.
Also have to go the mental health midwife on Friday as it looks like I've got ante natal depression and anxiety now...
Pregnancy wise, I have no symptoms at all. I can feel baby move occasionally and especially when close to the bladder, it's such a strange feeling at the moment...
Aw bless you. It’s good they are getting you seen to quickly though. How strange your getting different midwives. Normally you get one at booking in and continue to see her.
My baby was so active yesterday. Practically doing flips. Calmed down this morning. X

The OH has been very supportive in this difficult time. I get home so tired and late so he lets me sleep in. I have been feeling the baby more and more, it's comforting to feel movements now!

So annoying that they keep switching midwives @vampysgirl... I hope the last one you see will be there for you til the end! Why do they think you have ante-natal depression if you don't mind me asking?

My OH also has night shifts sometimes @Lollypop79, and even though I always tell myself to jump into bed early and continue reading my book, I usually get stuck in front of the television watching all these trashy and dumb tv shows until 1 or 2 in the morning!:rofl: Shame on me!

The OH has been very supportive in this difficult time. I get home so tired and late so he lets me sleep in. I have been feeling the baby more and more, it's comforting to feel movements now!

So annoying that they keep switching midwives @vampysgirl... I hope the last one you see will be there for you til the end! Why do they think you have ante-natal depression if you don't mind me asking?

My OH also has night shifts sometimes @Lollypop79, and even though I always tell myself to jump into bed early and continue reading my book, I usually get stuck in front of the television watching all these trashy and dumb tv shows until 1 or 2 in the morning!:rofl: Shame on me!

I literally don't want to do anything at all. Simple things like housework I just do the bare minimum. Just want to sleep all day if I could. Don't want to leave the house, the thought of going to germany is killing me. I'm trying to find excuses why i wouldn't have to and can cancel ... this is not me, I'm normally full of life and always out and about... so when i spoke to the midwife about it yesterday, i had to fill in form and she added up some numbers from the answers i gave and said it all points to ante natal depression and anxiety

I am exactly the same. Watch random crappy programmes till i’m falling asleep then go to bed x

I literally don't want to do anything at all. Simple things like housework I just do the bare minimum. Just want to sleep all day if I could. Don't want to leave the house, the thought of going to germany is killing me. I'm trying to find excuses why i wouldn't have to and can cancel ... this is not me, I'm normally full of life and always out and about... so when i spoke to the midwife about it yesterday, i had to fill in form and she added up some numbers from the answers i gave and said it all points to ante natal depression and anxiety
I'm sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. I hope the mental health midwife will be able to help you get out of that vicious cycle.x

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. I hope the mental health midwife will be able to help you get out of that vicious cycle.x
I know I need some help. My OH is brilliant and he keeps saying I shouldn't beat myself up over it. My oldest son is brilliant too and helping out but that makes feel even more useless, if that makes sense.
With all the excitement of pregnancy I really dislike this side of it

How is everyone else doing? Anymore gender scans planned? January is looking very pink so far lol

I know I need some help. My OH is brilliant and he keeps saying I shouldn't beat myself up over it. My oldest son is brilliant too and helping out but that makes feel even more useless, if that makes sense.
With all the excitement of pregnancy I really dislike this side of it

How is everyone else doing? Anymore gender scans planned? January is looking very pink so far lol

Awww, I hope you get great support from the mental health midwife, I can only imagine how tough it must be to not feel like yourself. One thought that always helps me is "this shall pass too" and then thinking of all the people who love me and care about me.

@Kitana that's sounds so tough with your granddad, I hope it will get better as he has time to process his emotions... I hope you feel better soon!

I am doing well, getting back into work mode smoother than I expected. Also my colleagues were all so sweet when I told them I'm pregnant and that was a relief.

I think I felt the baby moving last night and that was exciting :) My OH immediately put his hand but I had to explain it's still a bit early for him to feel it "from the outside".My belly is getting bigger and it was really obvious as the shape of my bellybutton changed in just 2 days!

Awww, I hope you get great support from the mental health midwife, I can only imagine how tough it must be to not feel like yourself. One thought that always helps me is "this shall pass too" and then thinking of all the people who love me and care about me.

@Kitana that's sounds so tough with your granddad, I hope it will get better as he has time to process his emotions... I hope you feel better soon!

I am doing well, getting back into work mode smoother than I expected. Also my colleagues were all so sweet when I told them I'm pregnant and that was a relief.

I think I felt the baby moving last night and that was exciting :) My OH immediately put his hand but I had to explain it's still a bit early for him to feel it "from the outside".My belly is getting bigger and it was really obvious as the shape of my bellybutton changed in just 2 days!
It's magical when you feel the movements isn't it?!

How nice that your colleagues are so supportive, what do you do for a living?

My bellybutton is a bit stretched out now, "flatter" than before. I never had an outtie with my first and don't think I will have one with this one either.
My bump is there but not very visible yet. When I google 17 week belly I'm amazed at how big some women's bumps are compared to mine. I could still pass it off as bloat :lol: I was flat with my DD but thought this one would be visible faster!x

It's magical when you feel the movements isn't it?!

How nice that your colleagues are so supportive, what do you do for a living?

My bellybutton is a bit stretched out now, "flatter" than before. I never had an outtie with my first and don't think I will have one with this one either.
My bump is there but not very visible yet. When I google 17 week belly I'm amazed at how big some women's bumps are compared to mine. I could still pass it off as bloat :lol: I was flat with my DD but thought this one would be visible faster!x
It was so magical! I'm looking forward to feeling it again!

I work as a Marketing Director for a family-owned wellness company and the company feel and attitude to employees is very much "we are family" so it's a nice environment. People see my belly and smile

Oh no lovely such a shame hope you start to feel more like yourself again soon. Xx

Hi ladies, how are you all doing? I've been struggling a bit with acid reflux for the last few days... I'm eating healthy foods, nothing unusual but almost every meal is giving me heartburn. I will try eating very simple food today. Then this morning I woke up after a long sleep feeling quite faint. I've had plenty of water and breakfast and will take it easy for the rest of the day, hoping the dizziness will go away soon.

Hi ladies, how are you all doing? I've been struggling a bit with acid reflux for the last few days... I'm eating healthy foods, nothing unusual but almost every meal is giving me heartburn. I will try eating very simple food today. Then this morning I woke up after a long sleep feeling quite faint. I've had plenty of water and breakfast and will take it easy for the rest of the day, hoping the dizziness will go away soon.
Aww it’s awful when you feel faint. I did this morning but I think it’s coz I got up to fast. Take it easy today like you said. My hips were killing last night. Couldn’t get comfortable even with the pregnancy pillow. Got a private scan this afternoon just for reassurance x

Aww it’s awful when you feel faint. I did this morning but I think it’s coz I got up to fast. Take it easy today like you said. My hips were killing last night. Couldn’t get comfortable even with the pregnancy pillow. Got a private scan this afternoon just for reassurance x

How did the scan go?

I'm struggling too but more on a personal level. The oh keeps finding excuses to be nasty with me and picked a fight every day since Wednesday. I just feel so rotten the whole time, my grandmother's funeral is today and barely slept since I've been crying all night... Yesterday was the worst.
We had a bday dinner with my in-laws and aside from being grumpy and antisocial, the oh said he had never felt so embarrassed by anyone in front of his whole family. Because he wanted to go see his cousin after the party, I asked him if his cousin was at his mother's house or his girlfriend in front of his dad. This was a so embarrassing apparently. Then he took our DD from the play area and decided he wanted to leave. I still had some fizzy water on the table which I had just ordered and tried to down it asap while I quickly sat down. My MIL told me to slow down and asked me why I was in a hurry. I told her the OH wanted to go and then he got even more angrier. I quickly picked up DD toys and books, said our goodbyes and left. He walked DD to my car and started strapping her into the car seat. I got in and put the bags down, closed the door, turned around and helped him put the tablet on the back seat, when I turned around again to get the extra battery on the passenger seat to charge it, he said, "later" and closed the door. I have no clue what I did wrong. He came home 40 minutes after me and I just locked myself into my DDs room as he was getting angry again because I asked him what I did wrong. I slept on a duvet on the ground, but I barely slept a wink. I have to get ready for the funeral but I look awful... I feel a bit lost...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back