• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** January 2020 Mummies ***

What causes this to happen ? what is it my lovely? Never heard of this before. X
Apparently from what I've read it's very common but many women don't even realize they have it. In most cases it doesn't have any long term effects and it's relatively easy to recover with post partum exercise so that's put most of my worries to rest.

What it is - basically the top layer of abdominal muscles separates. Mostly due to growing belly but it can happen outside of pregnancy too and even men can get it. Here's more info including how to know if you have it:
DRAM during pregnancy

Apparently from what I've read it's very common but many women don't even realize they have it. In most cases it doesn't have any long term effects and it's relatively easy to recover with post partum exercise so that's put most of my worries to rest.

What it is - basically the top layer of abdominal muscles separates. Mostly due to growing belly but it can happen outside of pregnancy too and even men can get it. Here's more info including how to know if you have it:
DRAM during pregnancy
Thanks for that I never heard of it before xx

How is everyone doing?

How were your scans @Zara96 and @Outofsync?

I feel like the bump really popped out this week. Can't deny I'm pregnant anymore! I'll be 20 weeks in 2 days so am happy I'm finally showing.
I have my 20 week scan monday evening, I feel a bit worried about weight gain. I've gained 10lbs already... Like my weight went up and keeps on going up a bit more every week.

How is everyone doing?

I feel like the bump really popped out this week. Can't deny I'm pregnant anymore! I'll be 20 weeks in 2 days so am happy I'm finally showing.
I have my 20 week scan monday evening, I feel a bit worried about weight gain. I've gained 10lbs already... Like my weight went up and keeps on going up a bit more every week.

Lucky so far no weight gain but a bump as if I'm ready to drop.
Got around 2 more weeks till my next scan and found out I will have my special cardiac scan that day too. It will take a huge weight of my shoulders once I can see bub again.
Got mental health midwife next week once more, she's lovely and she said, if there is a free room she might get someone to do a quick scan, just to settle my mind. Otherwise, we will just listen to heartbeat, which is just as much a relief.
The last few times It always had a nice fast beat of between 150 and 160's.
Got the feeling the time is just flying by at the moment though.
Anyone else feel like that?

How is everyone doing?

Don’t worry about weight gain. I’m still going to slimming world and I’ve gained 1.5 stones ekkk!!! Oppsy! I’ve done my measurements and it’s all on my boobs and belly though so I know it’s all going in the right place. They say you should gain 1lb per week from around 10/12 weeks onwards so you’re right on track really.

Ps my bump also seemed to ‘pop’ out around 20 weeks too :)

Scan not til 29th Aug be 21+3 when finally have it can’t wait stillno baby movements but bump has popped out a bit which is reassuring xx

I’m up 8lb In weight as well trying to keep it to under 20lb but see what happens I’ll worry about that after she is here xx

I’ve lost weight. About 9-10 lbs in total. Getting a bigger belly and thinking will start putting weight on too. I’m overweight anyway and had this with my other 2 pregnancies. (Successful)
Had awful cramps earlier. Thinking i’m constipated again and trying not to worry. X

Got the feeling the time is just flying by at the moment though.
Anyone else feel like that?
Yes! The first 12 weeks were at snail pace and now time just flies by!
Happy to hear all is well with the baby. Hopefully you will get to see the baby again!x

Don’t worry about weight gain. I’m still going to slimming world and I’ve gained 1.5 stones ekkk!!! Oppsy! I’ve done my measurements and it’s all on my boobs and belly though so I know it’s all going in the right place. They say you should gain 1lb per week from around 10/12 weeks onwards so you’re right on track really.

Ps my bump also seemed to ‘pop’ out around 20 weeks too :)
My boobs are huge! I really don't like them anymore! They make me look bigger than I am! And now, after a meal, my stomach sits right under them and makes me look 8 months pregnant iso 4,5! Oh well, it will go away right after birth, well... Not the boobs obviously!:lol:

I’m up 8lb In weight as well trying to keep it to under 20lb but see what happens I’ll worry about that after she is here xx
Good for you! I wish I had a bit more discipline! But like you said, it's something to worry about in the future. After birth it just melts off your body, it's crazy!x

I’ve lost weight. About 9-10 lbs in total. Getting a bigger belly and thinking will start putting weight on too. I’m overweight anyway and had this with my other 2 pregnancies. (Successful)
Had awful cramps earlier. Thinking i’m constipated again and trying not to worry. X
I was a bit overweight when I started with this pregnancy too because I hadn't lost the weight I had gained during the previous pregnancy. But I checked my data from last pregnancy and was even 2lbs heavier than I am now, and only managed to vain 24lbs in the end.

Eat some prunes! They work a bit too well for me, I try to avoid them now actually lol. We were invited at a friend's house for a bbq and had to spend an embarrassingly long time in their lavatory... And they only had one.:lol:

I was a bit overweight when I started with this pregnancy too because I hadn't lost the weight I had gained during the previous pregnancy. But I checked my data from last pregnancy and was even 2lbs heavier than I am now, and only managed to vain 24lbs in the end.

Eat some prunes! They work a bit too well for me, I try to avoid them now actually lol. We were invited at a friend's house for a bbq and had to spend an embarrassingly long time in their lavatory... And they only had one.:lol:
Aw that’s a nightmare. Yes I’ll try them. I can never win with toilet habits at the mo. Thinking of just moving a bed into the bathroom lol x

Aw that’s a nightmare. Yes I’ll try them. I can never win with toilet habits at the mo. Thinking of just moving a bed into the bathroom lol x

Don't get me started with toilet habits.
One minute I can't go for days and the next I practically live on the loo. It's such a nightmare

I started bruising everywhere now, thanks to the lovely fragmin. My youngest son think it's really funny. As soon he pokes me too hard, I end up with a small bruise there.
For that reason alone, I can't wait till it's January

Don't get me started with toilet habits.
One minute I can't go for days and the next I practically live on the loo. It's such a nightmare

I started bruising everywhere now, thanks to the lovely fragmin. My youngest son think it's really funny. As soon he pokes me too hard, I end up with a small bruise there.
For that reason alone, I can't wait till it's January
Aw bless you. You must be covered in bruises. Your exactly what I’m like. Constipated for days and then I live in the bathroom. Xx

Aw bless you. You must be covered in bruises. Your exactly what I’m like. Constipated for days and then I live in the bathroom. Xx

I'm glad I'm not the only one. My OH thinks it's funny. Typical man, no idea how much a pregnancy actually plays with our bodies..

I'm glad I'm not the only one. My OH thinks it's funny. Typical man, no idea how much a pregnancy actually plays with our bodies..
Yeah they don’t get it. He was laughing at me when I was being sick. Then I burst into tears yesterday coz I broke a cup lol. He was just laughing and hugging me saying it’s just a cup. I was honestly an emotional wreck. Xx

Yeah they don’t get it. He was laughing at me when I was being sick. Then I burst into tears yesterday coz I broke a cup lol. He was just laughing and hugging me saying it’s just a cup. I was honestly an emotional wreck. Xx

It was my oldest 16th birthday yesterday and I was a total emotional mess ... Now, I'm not someone who cries a lot of fast but yesterday, the smallest thing and I was in tears already.
It took me over 10 minutes alone to write his birthday card.
Honestly, not having fun with this hormones business at all ...

Where is this heat coming from again?
Really not having a great day today.. even with the fan on, it's not helping a lot. Might have to move into the fridge Haha
Hows everyone else doing?

Where is this heat coming from again?
Really not having a great day today.. even with the fan on, it's not helping a lot. Might have to move into the fridge Haha
Hows everyone else doing?
Aw I am melting today too. I can’t cope with this heat. Ok when not pregnant with the sunshine. I can’t wait for the winter to set in. All good here.xx

I think we will be getting hotter and hotter summers each year, not lookimg forward to that! Had to buy an airconditionner this year as it was unbearable! I feel like my body swells up more in this weather. I didn't put my rings on today as a precaution.

Tomorrow is my 20 week scan! Am very excited to see her wriggle and kick!
Have a good night ladies!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back