*** January 2020 Mummies ***

Sorry about forgetting to add your due date @Lollypop79! I was excited then to tell that you were having a girl that I forgot to update it!

How lovely that the rain has decided to show up after all! It's still hot in our apartment. I have the impression the heat is still within the walls.

How is everyone doing? Any kicks/flutters yet? Any purchases made? Announcements?

We still haven't announced it to the whole family yet lol! Some days the little bean stays hidden so well that I don't look pregnant at all. But have noticed that it gets much bigger after I eat. I have been peeing a lot lately and I wonder if it was because my body was holding on to the water during the heat. My feet and fingers were swollen, but are a bit better due to the cooler temperatures. How about you ladies? Swollen ankles? Feet?x

Sorry about forgetting to add your due date @Lollypop79! I was excited then to tell that you were having a girl that I forgot to update it!

How lovely that the rain has decided to show up after all! It's still hot in our apartment. I have the impression the heat is still within the walls.

How is everyone doing? Any kicks/flutters yet? Any purchases made? Announcements?

We still haven't announced it to the whole family yet lol! Some days the little bean stays hidden so well that I don't look pregnant at all. But have noticed that it gets much bigger after I eat. I have been peeing a lot lately and I wonder if it was because my body was holding on to the water during the heat. My feet and fingers were swollen, but are a bit better due to the cooler temperatures. How about you ladies? Swollen ankles? Feet?x
Aw that’s ok. Very exciting about a girl. Can't wait till we find out in early September unless we cave and book a private scan.
I’m good. Swollen feet and ankles from the weather I think. Not feeling great today but again think it’s the heat. I’m pretty sure i’m feeling movements low down in pelvis like bubbles popping. Tends to be on a night I’ve noticed. Xx

I can't wait to start feeling the baby, it's my first so don't really know what I'm feeling for. I keep trying to concentrate on it and see if I notice anything but nothing yet haha. Congrats on the baby girl @Lollypop79 that's so exciting. We have a private gender scan booked for 11th August, so excited to fine out.

I can't wait to start feeling the baby, it's my first so don't really know what I'm feeling for. I keep trying to concentrate on it and see if I notice anything but nothing yet haha. Congrats on the baby girl @Lollypop79 that's so exciting. We have a private gender scan booked for 11th August, so excited to fine out.
We don’t know what we are having yet. I’ve not had the gender scan yet xx

Hello ladies,

I am still feeling pretty good, my belly is growing and even getting a bit itchy sometimes so I use a lot of all-natural coconut lotion and that soothes my skin nicely. I also seem to be eating a lot but smaller portions... some days I'm a bit more sleepy but overall I have energy and I enjoy going for a walk every day.

I am looking forward to feeling the first baby kicks but so far I haven't sensed anything that could be it. I sometimes feel something like a pull / stretch behind my belly button but at 16 weeks I know my uterus is lower so...that must be just organs and skin adjusting.

Tomorrow starts the last week of my holiday, OH and I are going to Vietnam for 6 days. We were hoping for some beach time but weather forecast is warm and rainy so we'll see, might just have to focus on the food and enjoy our hotel room which still sounds good to me.

I hope you are all well!

Same with me, also my first! I focus on "sensing" my belly every night but so far can't identify anything that could be baby movements :D

Oh sorry, I thought someone above said you were having a girl! Do you have any preference or just a healthy baby? Xx

It is kitana that is having a girl but does read as though it’s me. I’m kind of hoping to have a boy but if a girl then that’s fine too so long as healthy and all is good. Xx

It's nice to read all these updates!

With my first I only felt movement at around 19-20 weeks for the first time, and only because my big cat was lying on me! Then the next movements only really started at around 24 weeks or so. I had an anterior placenta, so it took longer to feel anything.

@NicoMaria I only took a guess at @Lollypop79 scan! I'm not sure but I think it's a girl! 11th of August isn't that far away anymore!

I have my 16 week scan on Tuesday, I'm curious to see if everything is still okay. I hope she will cooperate!

Have you started thinking about names already?x

Aw congrats @Zara96 a little girl.

@Kitana everyone is saying girl by the nub theory will see when I get my scan on the 9th sept. We have names picked out for a girl and a boy. Still playing with a middle name for the girl though. We are naming if a girl Rita after my oh’s mother. Oh insisted. It hasn’t totally grown on me if i’m honest. His mother always talks about how much she hated her name as a child. So i’m a little worried about that xx

Another girl!! Congrats @JemmaH2019!!!

Rita is a very old fashioned name... If I were you I would ask your MIL for her opinion. She could maybe convince your OH to change his mind @Lollypop79?

My OH is stuck on Celia, I'm not very fond of it either...
He already wanted to name our DD Cecilia, but I really disliked that name. As we are dutch speaking here at home, it would be pronounced "Ceylia" and I didn't have a Wow moment like I did with my DD name, Sienna (It's not as common here as in the UK).

I proposed Norah, Dahlia, Thalia and Theia but he's shot them all down. I think it's easy for him to just shoot my names down when he can only think of one.

We have a tradition in our family, that all girls' names end with "A", my real name is Vera, my DD is Sienna, my mother Lydia, etc... So we're a bit limited in our choice! :lol:

Another girl!! Congrats @JemmaH2019!!!

Rita is a very old fashioned name... If I were you I would ask your MIL for her opinion. She could maybe convince your OH to change his mind @Lollypop79?

My OH is stuck on Celia, I'm not very fond of it either...
He already wanted to name our DD Cecilia, but I really disliked that name. As we are dutch speaking here at home, it would be pronounced "Ceylia" and I didn't have a Wow moment like I did with my DD name, Sienna (It's not as common here as in the UK).

I proposed Norah, Dahlia, Thalia and Theia but he's shot them all down. I think it's easy for him to just shoot my names down when he can only think of one.

We have a tradition in our family, that all girls' names end with "A", my real name is Vera, my DD is Sienna, my mother Lydia, etc... So we're a bit limited in our choice! :lol:

Yes it is. I do like the name Rita but I just think it’s an old name for a baby. He won’t discuss any other options as that’s the only name he cares about. Will see what happens when we mention it to his mam. I honestly think she will talk him out of it.
Oh I love that tradition, Sienna is a beautiful name. All the names you suggested are beautiful too. I particularly like Thalia and Theia, beautiful names xx

@Kitana he wanted (if a boy) to name him Phillip after his brother which i shot down straight away. No offence to his brother but it’s an awful name lol xx

Wow a lot of pink news. Congratulations to everyone who found out already.

We have our names sorted out
Thomas if it's a boy, including some middle names in memory of family members
Brianna is the choice if it's a girl. It's always been my number one ever since I can remember.

Wow a lot of pink news. Congratulations to everyone who found out already.

We have our names sorted out
Thomas if it's a boy, including some middle names in memory of family members
Brianna is the choice if it's a girl. It's always been my number one ever since I can remember.
Aw they are lovely names. Xx

@Lollypop79 - I would try and get your Oh’s mother to convince him out of that name. No disrespect to the name but I really couldn’t imagine a baby being called Rita.
Obviously it means something to your oh because that’s he’s mothers name but I think you have every right to have a say too and should both agree on a name you both like x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back