• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** January 2020 Mummies ***

If you are worried at all give the maternity triage department a ring. Best to be safe than sorry as they say. Our baby has done this a couple of times when I’ve had a busy day but when I sit down with a cold glass of water s/he moves. Hope you’re ok x

I went to the maternity triage earlier about 4.30 5 o clock. They found her heart beat and she was moving around loads as soon as the lady put the gel on the doppler and started moving it haha everything is all ok thank you xx :)

Last edited:
Glad to hear all was wel @Zara96! I do think it's a bit early for regular movements yet, I thought it was a bit later in pregnancy, near the beginning of tri 3... But not sure!x

Glad to hear all was wel @Zara96! I do think it's a bit early for regular movements yet, I thought it was a bit later in pregnancy, near the beginning of tri 3... But not sure!x
Yeah everything was fine and yes to early for regular movements but put my mind at ease now. Xx

Hi Ladies,
I hope everyone is doing ok ?
When shall I pack my hospital bag I am 24 weeks monday ? And what do you put in your hospital bag ? Xx

Hi Ladies,
I hope everyone is doing ok ?
When shall I pack my hospital bag I am 24 weeks monday ? And what do you put in your hospital bag ? Xx
I'm not starting mine till I'm around 30-32 weeks to be fair.
I know, I'll have my body shop face mist in it, for cooling and relaxing. Change of underwear and clothes, pyjamas in case I have to stay the night. Some energy bars, hair baubles because I hate hair in my face... that's what I remember from the top of my head anyway.

Last pregnancy I had made my bag at 32 weeks, I kept it in my car and only had to move it to the OH's car when we went to the hospital. I think I will do the same this time around.
I had a few pajamas, comfy clothes, slippers, shampoo, soap, pads for after birth (hospital provided big ones though), birth outfit for DD, about 4 to 5 outfits for DD (I stayed there for 4 days), nappies, nipple cream, easy accessible bra's, granny knickers(!!!), Energy drink for during birth like Aquarius or something, snacks for after birth... Can't think of more things to take along right now...
Oh and this time I will also take adult diapers with me. I was unable to hold my wee for 2 weeks! Was horrible being unprepared!x

I'm not starting mine till I'm around 30-32 weeks to be fair.
I know, I'll have my body shop face mist in it, for cooling and relaxing. Change of underwear and clothes, pyjamas in case I have to stay the night. Some energy bars, hair baubles because I hate hair in my face... that's what I remember from the top of my head anyway.
Thank you x

Last pregnancy I had made my bag at 32 weeks, I kept it in my car and only had to move it to the OH's car when we went to the hospital. I think I will do the same this time around.
I had a few pajamas, comfy clothes, slippers, shampoo, soap, pads for after birth (hospital provided big ones though), birth outfit for DD, about 4 to 5 outfits for DD (I stayed there for 4 days), nappies, nipple cream, easy accessible bra's, granny knickers(!!!), Energy drink for during birth like Aquarius or something, snacks for after birth... Can't think of more things to take along right now...
Oh and this time I will also take adult diapers with me. I was unable to hold my wee for 2 weeks! Was horrible being unprepared!x
Oh brilliant thanks for your help xx

Hi ladies hope you’re all ok?

Had midwife appointment at 24 weeks this morning did bloods, urine and blood pressure. Heard her heartbeat for the first time it was amazing sounded like a horse galloping away around 150bpm. She has finally decided to let me feel her move the past few days as well which is so reassuring!!

I’m going to pack hospital bag at 30 weeks I think just to be certain I’m organised xx

Hello ladies,

I am feeling good overall but also starting to feel the weight of my belly. I was away to another town this weekend and the streets there aren't flat - slowly walking up a gentle incline felt like I was climbing a mountain with a heavy backpack! That really surprised me, I was not prepared to feel so..."heavy"! But now it's syncing in that baby is getting bigger and so it's normal to feel that more physically... and normal to need more rest... and it's good to accept help and support (I'm normally used to doing it all). So, it's been a bit of a psychological shift but I'm feeling good about it all :)

Had my hand resting on my stomach earlier and I felt a definite kick against my hand. I’m so excited for oh to get in from work. He’s gonna be so emotional. It’s first time felt it on the outside. X

Had my hand resting on my stomach earlier and I felt a definite kick against my hand. I’m so excited for oh to get in from work. He’s gonna be so emotional. It’s first time felt it on the outside. X

All my kicks are sadly only internally and always so low ... I can't wait till it's felt on the outside.
My little one started saying good night to bump every evening now and gives him a kiss too. Makes me tear up everytime

Awww, happy for you!

All my kicks are sadly only internally and always so low ... I can't wait till it's felt on the outside.
My little one started saying good night to bump every evening now and gives him a kiss too. Makes me tear up everytime
Awwwwww, sooo sweet!

I was excited to share the kicks with my hubby too but when he felt them he said it just felt like wind to him hahaha I reassured him it was most definitely a kick and our baby. Enjoy those moments though :) they’re really special x

This is what our baby boy does most of the time :D

84aaf474655cef67eaed576c6260fe36.jpg

So had the glucose tolerance test today and been confirmed to have gestational diabetes I knew I was high risk due to IVF and PCOS but was hoping to avoid it. Start diabetes clinic on Tuesday and means more monitoring, scans and have to follow a sugar free diet to avoid any more meds and more than likely get started off at 37 weeks so I may be a mid December mummy instead x

So had the glucose tolerance test today and been confirmed to have gestational diabetes I knew I was high risk due to IVF and PCOS but was hoping to avoid it. Start diabetes clinic on Tuesday and means more monitoring, scans and have to follow a sugar free diet to avoid any more meds and more than likely get started off at 37 weeks so I may be a mid December mummy instead x
Aww sorry to hear this hun, did you have any symptoms?
I also have the glucose test next week and am not looking forward to it! I have not exercised in 11 weeks and although I try to eat healthily, I have not been so disciplined with cookies, crisps and whatnot! Bad bad mummy!
I hope you don't have to take meds though.. Low carb isn't too bad, plus you can eat loads!x

Aww sorry to hear this hun, did you have any symptoms?
I also have the glucose test next week and am not looking forward to it! I have not exercised in 11 weeks and although I try to eat healthily, I have not been so disciplined with cookies, crisps and whatnot! Bad bad mummy!
I hope you don't have to take meds though.. Low carb isn't too bad, plus you can eat loads!x

I haven’t any symptoms and been going to the gym twice a week still I did low carb previous to lose the weight for ivf funding I haven’t been that bad during pregnancy but had a lot of bread I’m always better when I cut that out, reality is only
13 weeks to go now so just have to get on with it and would rather use diet and exercise to control it then any more meds so going to try that first! As soon as she is out I’m having the biggest bar of chocolate I can find haha! Hope it goes ok for you xx

It's magical isn't it when babies start kicking! And quite rude to stop when daddy tries to feel them!:lol:

I've been a bit awol since I've had some phone issues but have a new one now!

I have my 24 week scan + glucose test next Tuesday and I hope I can go since we had to take DD to the doctor's this morning. She was breathing fast but deeply, ribcage being sucked in every breath, just like she did in May. She vomited 4 times during the night and the GP told us to go to hospital because she might be in need of oxygen. So anyways, she's being monitored, she has a fever of 38,1 but the nurses only give calpol at 38,5... it's so heartbreaking to see her lying there, helpless and feeling so miserable...
I hope she can go home tomorrow... if she doesn't need oxygen during the night she will be discharged.
I only slept 1 hour in 2 days and am so tired I feel dizzy and nauseous. My bed is calling me ladies! Have a good night!x

I haven’t any symptoms and been going to the gym twice a week still I did low carb previous to lose the weight for ivf funding I haven’t been that bad during pregnancy but had a lot of bread I’m always better when I cut that out, reality is only
13 weeks to go now so just have to get on with it and would rather use diet and exercise to control it then any more meds so going to try that first! As soon as she is out I’m having the biggest bar of chocolate I can find haha! Hope it goes ok for you xx
Haha that’s a good reward. I don’t have my test till next month. I’m dreading it. Hopefully I won’t have it and if I do I’ll def Stick to a diet to try control it. Do they give you advice on meals and what to have ? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back