• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

*** January 2020 Mummies ***

I think we will be getting hotter and hotter summers each year, not lookimg forward to that! Had to buy an airconditionner this year as it was unbearable! I feel like my body swells up more in this weather. I didn't put my rings on today as a precaution.

Tomorrow is my 20 week scan! Am very excited to see her wriggle and kick!
Have a good night ladies!x

Oooh looking forward to an updated picture. Fingers crossed she plays ball and you get a nice one.
I still have a little over a week left till my next scan.

I can't function in heat at all. Glad I'm not highly pregnant. Can't wait for autumn to arrive now.
Anyway, good night ladies. Hopefully I get a little bit of sleep, again though, in this heat it's a nightmare

Hi ladies, so good to read a bit about everyone :) @vampysgirl @Lollypop79 I am also having a bit of toilet troubles... one day I'm constipated, the next day it's "run for the loo" x 3. But overall not too bad. I'm going to try taking some good quality probiotics and see if that helps.

I've now gained 12lbs compared to my pre-pregnancy weight but I was a bit on the skinny side before so actually my midwife was very happy to see me putting it on! And I'm enjoying too :D

I've been doing prenatal yoga from YouTube videos and that's helped create a lot more space - I'm now breathing easier and feel more flexible compared to just 2-3 weeks ago even tho my belly is much bigger now. I have a tiny bit of SI pain on the right but had a pregnancy massage today and that was pure bliss - if you have the chance to get one, go for it.

Also, this weekend I couldn't help myself and ordered a couple of cute muslin swaddles and onesies online :) Now I can't wait for them to arrive!

Is anyone else indulging with shopping for baby stuff?

@Kitana I hope you have a beautiful scan tomorrow!

Hi ladies, so good to read a bit about everyone :) @vampysgirl @Lollypop79 I am also having a bit of toilet troubles... one day I'm constipated, the next day it's "run for the loo" x 3. But overall not too bad. I'm going to try taking some good quality probiotics and see if that helps.

I've now gained 12lbs compared to my pre-pregnancy weight but I was a bit on the skinny side before so actually my midwife was very happy to see me putting it on! And I'm enjoying too :D

I've been doing prenatal yoga from YouTube videos and that's helped create a lot more space - I'm now breathing easier and feel more flexible compared to just 2-3 weeks ago even tho my belly is much bigger now. I have a tiny bit of SI pain on the right but had a pregnancy massage today and that was pure bliss - if you have the chance to get one, go for it.

Also, this weekend I couldn't help myself and ordered a couple of cute muslin swaddles and onesies online :) Now I can't wait for them to arrive!

Is anyone else indulging with shopping for baby stuff?

@Kitana I hope you have a beautiful scan tomorrow!
Oh are the pregnancy yoga videos easy to follow. Even for someone who has never done yoga. I’m really wanting to try it.
Not started buying yet. Waiting till 20 week scan so we know of boy or girl then will start. X

Oh are the pregnancy yoga videos easy to follow. Even for someone who has never done yoga. I’m really wanting to try it.
Not started buying yet. Waiting till 20 week scan so we know of boy or girl then will start. X
I've practiced yoga for a while but prenatal yoga is so slow and gentle that I think it's definitely worth a try for total beginners too! I like this channel and it has a special "prenatal yoga for beginners" video -
and if you search youtube there are a few more.

Just remember - if any stretch feels intense, don't push yourself. Your body will loosen up very quickly if you practice often, really no need to force anything. I hope you enjoy it!

I've practiced yoga for a while but prenatal yoga is so slow and gentle that I think it's definitely worth a try for total beginners too! I like this channel and it has a special "prenatal yoga for beginners" video -
and if you search youtube there are a few more.

Just remember - if any stretch feels intense, don't push yourself. Your body will loosen up very quickly if you practice often, really no need to force anything. I hope you enjoy it!
Aw fab thankyou. I’m gonna start this tomorrow x

Hey ladies!

The scan went well! She was very active and didn't want to stay still!
The gynaecologist measured her and she was right on the 20 week mark, no cleft palate, 5 fingers on each hand, stomach and bladder were active.
I will add a photo of the scan but I will have to scan the prints because there was a glare when I took them.

The yoga looks good @DeniceF, I haven't done any exercise in almost 8 weeks, I feel quite bad about it and hope the childminder comes out of sickness soon. My DD has been home for almost 8 weeks non stop and I would really like to have a day just for me. I'm dying to go back to the gym!
But I might give the yoga a try if I have some time when DD takes her nap (if I don't need one too :lol:)

IMG_20190826_210040904.jpg

How is everyone doing?

How were your scans @Zara96 and @Outofsync?

I feel like the bump really popped out this week. Can't deny I'm pregnant anymore! I'll be 20 weeks in 2 days so am happy I'm finally showing.
I have my 20 week scan monday evening, I feel a bit worried about weight gain. I've gained 10lbs already... Like my weight went up and keeps on going up a bit more every week.
My scan went well and baby Is doing fine ❤ thanks ladies. Xx

Never tried pregnancy Yoga. Might be something to look in to now

Doing a wee happy dance today :cheer::yay:
Finally reached the half way point.

My personal countdown is now for the next 4 weeks. I know if I get through them, then I know all will be fine
It's because I lost my boy adam at 23+5 and it left this deep scar. So whenever i am pregnant and didnt mc early, 20 weeks and 24 weeks are my markers. After that I can relax :smug:
I know it probably sounds stupid, especially as I have my next scan on the 5th but in my head it makes sense haha

Not looking forward to today, have to go to london to sort my oldest ones passport out at the german embassy and they're predicting 32 degrees. I really can not function in this heat at all, let alone walk around in it. I know within the next 12 hours I will change from feeling alright to being the walking dead hahaha

My personal countdown is now for the next 4 weeks. I know if I get through them, then I know all will be fine
It's because I lost my boy adam at 23+5 and it left this deep scar. So whenever i am pregnant and didnt mc early, 20 weeks and 24 weeks are my markers. After that I can relax :smug:
I know it probably sounds stupid, especially as I have my next scan on the 5th but in my head it makes sense haha

Not looking forward to today, have to go to london to sort my oldest ones passport out at the german embassy and they're predicting 32 degrees. I really can not function in this heat at all, let alone walk around in it. I know within the next 12 hours I will change from feeling alright to being the walking dead hahaha
Doesn’t sound stupid at all. Totally can understand this. I think setting smaller milestones helps I do the same.
1 1/2 weeks till my 20 week scan. X

Hello lovely ladies,

So glad I joined this group! First pregnancy and sometimes feel a LOT anxious!! Waited a long time for this and still can't believe I'm actually pregnant!

@vampysgirl huge congratulations on reaching the half way mark :clap:
@Kitana congratulations on the scan! Pic looks unreal!
I have my 20 week scan next week altho I'll be 21 weeks then. I cannot wait for it but I know I'll be a nervous wreck the night before and the day of it!!!

I totally understand! I had the same with my 12 week milestone! Even the weeks after I still was doubtful. I think I only started getting a bit less worried at the 18 week scan!
I do pity you for having to go out in this heat, but maybe you can get a nice ice cream and find a cool shopping center to take refuge haha! Have fun in London!x

Feel like I’ve finally got a bump and don’t just look fat can’t wait for scan on Thursday glad everything ok with yours @Kitana and @Zara96 xx

View attachment 87455
Good luck on your scan on Thursday!
You definitely look pregnant! Lovely bump!

I always look quite "flat" in the morning, but get huge in the evening! The heat isn't helping though... My ankles and feet are swollen because I had to sit down for quite a while. Ugh, I hope the rain will come soon!x

IMG_20190827_162819246~2.jpg

Good luck on your scan on Thursday!
You definitely look pregnant! Lovely bump!

I always look quite "flat" in the morning, but get huge in the evening! The heat isn't helping though... My ankles and feet are swollen because I had to sit down for quite a while. Ugh, I hope the rain will come soon!x

View attachment 87459
You look great I’m at the races on Saturday and have to wear heels for the first time in months!!!xx

You look great I’m at the races on Saturday and have to wear heels for the first time in months!!!xx
Thanks lovely!
My feet have grown! If you have to walk on heels all day, one tip, take some comfy flat shoes or sandals along. I regretted not having comfy shoes with me the day of my grandmother's funeral. I had to walk a lot more than I thought, then when I finally sat down, they started swelling so much I was in agony!
Have fun there!

I had a very bad night due to the heat, barely slept 4 hours. I went to the bakery in the morning (by car, it's too far to walk) and I went in, had to wait quite a while since a woman in front of me was ordering loads. When I got what I needed, a long line was already behind me. I went out of the shop and didn't see my car in the parking spot where I left it!! I saw a lot of cars on the road and saw that my car was just there in the middle of the road blocking both ways!!! I had forgotten to put the handbrake on and had left it in neutral! I was so lucky no accidents happened but felt my face flush redder than a tomato. I apologized to the elderly couple who were about to walk into the bakery to ask whose car it was. They laughed and said it was okay but the other drivers further down the road were honking. I think you get away with a lot more being pregnant... :rofl:

Thanks lovely!
My feet have grown! If you have to walk on heels all day, one tip, take some comfy flat shoes or sandals along. I regretted not having comfy shoes with me the day of my grandmother's funeral. I had to walk a lot more than I thought, then when I finally sat down, they started swelling so much I was in agony!
Have fun there!

I had a very bad night due to the heat, barely slept 4 hours. I went to the bakery in the morning (by car, it's too far to walk) and I went in, had to wait quite a while since a woman in front of me was ordering loads. When I got what I needed, a long line was already behind me. I went out of the shop and didn't see my car in the parking spot where I left it!! I saw a lot of cars on the road and saw that my car was just there in the middle of the road blocking both ways!!! I had forgotten to put the handbrake on and had left it in neutral! I was so lucky no accidents happened but felt my face flush redder than a tomato. I apologized to the elderly couple who were about to walk into the bakery to ask whose car it was. They laughed and said it was okay but the other drivers further down the road were honking. I think you get away with a lot more being pregnant... :rofl:
Oh i’m sorry but I’ve had a right laugh at this. Bless you. No one was hurt and there was no damage so all good xx

Thanks lovely!
Have fun there!

Oh wow!! Haha!! Glad no one hurt or accidents we had bad thunder and lightening here last night and I nearly crashed my car I swerved but got away with it with the pregnancy card as well haha! Xx

Hahahah, yes, the pregnancy card is great! I haven't really had to use it yet but I can tell most people around (shop assistants / waitresses / etc.) are treating me just a bit nicer than usual.

My belly looks bigger as it's sticking out way ahead of my boobs :D
20-weeks.jpg

Also today I had the first "taste" of round ligament pain - OMG, it was worse than I'd imagined. Only felt it when walking - it just started totally randomly. But once I sat down or wasn't moving, went away completely and now, an hour later, I can walk with only mild pain... Damn, I hope I don't have much more of that! Are you ladies having any pain or discomfort?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back