**February Babies 2012**

I feel like I haven't been on here in ages (I keep getting on and reading a few posts but then get pulled away before I can reply or read everything). I've had a busy few days with NCT courses (which I really enjoyed because it was nice meeting people but tbh I have probably found being on here more informative) was a bit hard going as well because each day was 6 hours and that is too long for me to sit on a chair I was very stiff afterwards. Also did a couple of days work last week just to cover people who were off sick and I'm going in for 2 days next week aswell. It is nice to be back with my work colleagues and while I would hate to do full time now a couple of days is great. It makes me really hope I can afford to go back part time after maternity leave rather than have to do full time again.

I'm totally with you on the nesting instinct Lorna. Mine definately hasn't kicked in yet. I have enough energy to visit people, go shopping and even work but on the days I'm at home I just cannot be bothered to move from the sofa. I'm hoping it kicks in soon, the house needs to be sorted.

On the plus side babys room is pretty much done now so I will post some pics up when I get around to it.

Hope you are all looking after yourselves.

Hey ladies and welcome lizzie - first post is updated for you and you join me and Mrs KM on our due date!!!!!

Carly - the clothes are sooooo super cute
mustard - can't wait to see the pics of the nursery!

My nesting has really kicked in finally but I'm just a bit too fat and tired to do as much as I would like to LOL! I was chuffed with myself this weekend though as I finally hemmed the curtains for the nursery! Yay! And DH did the biggest clean of the flat ever so I gave him lots of preggy cuddles (they're possibly not the most comfortable things at the moment as he gets kicked by cub a lot!)

Just catching up with this thread. Wow Larly you are not even on mat leave and your are nesting more than me!!!

I just can't be bothered and find myself sitting down lol. Actually to be fair i have given the kitchen a good going over this morning and going to wash some baby clothes this arvo. But im struggling with pain as can't bend down or carry much which is starting to really get to me now.

Welcome new Feb mummies - not long now. x

had a few pains last night while i was lying in bed and was praying nothing would happen as the whole house needed cleaning,turned out to be nothing,gosh the kicks r getting sore now :O! went to bed early last night 9.30 and fell into a deep sleep woke up lovely and refreshed thought it must be morning looked at phone it was only 11.30pm :( was up for hours then,how annoying..but woke this morning with loads of energy and cleaned every room top to bottom so pleased with myself :) house is sparkling :yay: ..now im exhausted, time to rest these giant cankles!!!

I hate waking up feelin refreshed then finding out I've only been asleep for a couple of hours - its so frustrating!!

Just got in from work and I'm shattered! Only 3 more days to suffer tho!! Can't even put my feet up cos we r goin to mil's as its her birthday then DH is treating me to takeaway :D I want KFC and by god I'm gonna get it :brat:

Yay! Well done young mummy - sounds like you've had a very productive day! :). Definitely deserve a rest!
Only three more days larly... Then you can start your cleaning and nesting for real! :)

Ooh don't mention KFC!! Once i get something in my head i can't get it out.

The other night we were watching masterchef in bed and i was like mmmm i really fancy an omlette. OH was like you don't even like omlettes - lol. But once i started thinking about it couldn't stop. So at 11.30 at night he made me a cheese and ham one. Bless the things they do for us x

Mmmmmmmmm KFC! I have a massive craving now! I am the most suggestible person food wise ever at the moment. DH has promised me a Nandos on Sunday - soooooooo excited!

Its terrible! I think i have passed the 3 stone mark now!!!! Really need to stop eating so much rubbish :-( x

Well I didn't get my KFC :cry:

Gonna be craving it until Saturday now :(

Han my DH wouldn't cook me anything. He can just about do a micro meal, he can't even cook a frozen pizza!!!

Ah that is where i am lucky - my OH loves cooking and he is really good at it. He used to do all the cooking as i am so rubbish.

But he is training me to be a good housewife and how to cook haha. x

I need to teach DH but he isn't having any of it! Lol! Poor Pip would live on microwaves if mummy didn't cook!!

My hubby loves to cook and is very good at it - probably explains why I'm eating far too much!! :). Mmmmm.... :)

I meant to say micro meals not microwaves! Lol! Def don't want my baby eating microwaves! Lol!

Last edited:
Just catching up as spent a couple of days away,
I also don't seem to find the energy at all to nest, I can pick up like a normal day so the house looks clean but I haven't done any deep cleaning get too shattered. I'm also finding I'm asleep most of the time which maybe sometimes isn't good for me :(
mustard can't wait to see pictures of your nursery, bet its lovely, and can't believe you only have three well two days now left at work Carly!
Hope all you lovely Feb mummies are well :)
xx

Hope everyone is having a good day so far! I find I seem to have a bit more energy in the morning, but by mid afternoon I literally have no energy to get up and do anything. So am trying to get jobs done in the mornings... Not any deep nesting stuff, but just the essentials!
Went and collected my Moby d wrap today - am so pleased with it and have been experimenting wearing it with one of my teddies!! Got it second hand for £20, but it looks as good as new. I Absolutely love it... Can't wait to use it with LO when she arrives! This is the link to the one I got in chocolate stripes:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moby-Wrap-MD-Earth-Chocolate-Stripe/dp/B001OOFGE6
:)

Ahh lovely Nic, I went on a bit of a clean this afternoon, nothing extra special, apart from giving the kitchen a blitz and bathroom a blitz,xx

Think a blitz of the kitchen might be in order for me tomorrow too. Got lots of stuff in the cupboards that could do with chucking... Try and make space for some of the baby bits that will need storing in there - steriliser and stuff. I quite like going through the kitchen cupboards, although will probably end up eating half the contents! :)

I can't wait to clear out my kitchen cupboards and the dumping corner in the dining room!

And stock up on Jaffa cakes!! I'm craving them badly at the mo :blush: usually hate them as I don't like orange flavoured things but I just can't get enough of them! Just sat and eaten 12 and I know there r 12 more in the kitchen that may end up being eaten before I go to bed :oops:

Ooooooh carly - you've given me a massive craving now LOL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaisyLynn
Back