February 2021 Mummies :) 2nd Trimester

ah you get a good deal.
We get 3 months in the nhs then statutory. Rubbish!

Yeah my company is pretty fantastic all around. I know so many people there who have done more than ten years. It’s got great benefits :)

My brother works for the NHS in IT and I’ve heard there are pluses and minuses :/ I’m shocked it’s that bad though!

I’ve been working from home ever since I found out I was pregnant and thankfully all we had happen to us was a 20% salary reduction from May (so essentially we’re working four day weeks) and it ends in September.

We get a years maternity leave here. My company pay me 90% of my wage the first three months then 50% the second three. Then it would be statutory maternity pay for the next three months and then nothing the last three.

My husband and I have chosen to take Shared Parental Leave though. It means I can give him as much of my maternity leave as I like :) He gets two weeks paternity leave as standard and then I’m giving him months seven, eight and nine before we’ll both be back at work as we can’t afford one of us to have any time off for nothing.

Oh, how interesting! Here people also have a chance to stay home until baby is 3 years old, but the money you get from that time is only a couple hundred euros per month. Child benefit is about 100 euros per month when you have one child. I guess they pay that from birth until the child turns 17.

I'm still not sure what we will do. Right now when I think about it I would be sad to leave my baby to someone else for a whole day. :smile: I guess working part time would be an option as well. I'm a first time mom so I have no idea if I'll feel like I wanna stay home for as long as possible or am I gonna miss working and want to work before baby turns 1. We shall see.

Oh and in my case I dont think my company will pay me anything. Social security will take care of that. First 2 months they pay about 80% of what my salary is, and the rest of the time will be about 60%.

The companies who pay salary during maternity leave will get the money back from social security also.

We also get a maternity box that has clothes and other things. If you choose not to have the box they will give you 300 euros. I think I will take the box because it looks nice this year.

2020_Kaikki_tuotteet (1).jpg

Oh and in my case I dont think my company will pay me anything. Social security will take care of that. First 2 months they pay about 80% of what my salary is, and the rest of the time will be about 60%.

The companies who pay salary during maternity leave will get the money back from social security also.

We also get a maternity box that has clothes and other things. If you choose not to have the box they will give you 300 euros. I think I will take the box because it looks nice this year.

View attachment 91306

Oh I love those boxes! I so wish they had that scheme here.

We get child benefit too but I have no idea how much it is.

Child benefit is about £80 per month for your first child and £40 per month for subsequent babies (I think).

YAY I’m 13 weeks so officially through the door of 2nd trimester, slamming the door on first tri. Hate first trimester, always so anxiety ridden! Nausea still creeping up on me every now and then but not been sick for a long time
:yay: second tri is my favourite :love:

Child benefit is about £80 per month for your first child and £40 per month for subsequent babies (I think).

YAY I’m 13 weeks so officially through the door of 2nd trimester, slamming the door on first tri. Hate first trimester, always so anxiety ridden! Nausea still creeping up on me every now and then but not been sick for a long time
:yay: second tri is my favourite :love:

Yay!! I love the fact that I'm not that tired anymore. I really hope the next couple of months will go nicely.

In my head I've been planning that I'll start my maternity leave on December 14th. So that's only 4 months away! Sooo excited :pray:

Oh and I ordered some maternity clothes from h&m. They are too big because I feel really huge and fat so I ordered XL but I think I'll keep them because maybe they' ll be fine after couple of months.

I've also bought some cute outfits for the baby and so has my mom. She is so happy about this pregnancy :D

Yay!! I love the fact that I'm not that tired anymore. I really hope the next couple of months will go nicely.

In my head I've been planning that I'll start my maternity leave on December 14th. So that's only 4 months away! Sooo excited :pray:

Oh and I ordered some maternity clothes from h&m. They are too big because I feel really huge and fat so I ordered XL but I think I'll keep them because maybe they' ll be fine after couple of months.

I've also bought some cute outfits for the baby and so has my mom. She is so happy about this pregnancy :D
Ah that’s lovely to hear! We haven’t bought any clothes but we have ordered a sling. One of my friends is giving us a Moses basket and we have everything else.
For me I think the tiredness is actually creeping up more than it was before. I “closed my eyes” on the sofa yesterday and woke up 4 hours later! Oops. But at least I’m not sick anymore.
I’m working right up until my due date because I have to work from home from 28 weeks so it won’t make that much difference.
Some days I definitely look pregnant, other days not so much! But I got a few bargains on eBay that will last me the whole pregnancy. X

How's everyone?

I had a doctors appointment today. Everything is going good. It was nice to hear my baby's heartbeat. <3 It was strong and fast.

She also checked my panini and it looked healthy and normal too :D Oh and she felt my uterus and that was fine as well. :dance:

My hemoglobin was 161 at week 8. Now it had gone down to 150. But that's fine also. I've gained almost 2 kilos.

I'm feeling pretty good. Wondering when I'll feel the baby move. I can't imagine what it would feel like. :think:

My next appointment is the second scan and then we'll hopefully know if it's a boy or a girl. About 6 weeks wait. I'll be 21 weeks then.

All is perfect with little one..... being awkward about getting into position etc..... so took around half hour to get all measurements but all looks great :love:

6C262BF1-F859-4745-A319-DA2345B2DB8B.jpeg

Also got this one of its little hand resting on its chest :love: fingers are so clear!

CC88EE4E-5AD5-4FB9-A56B-CEE5CA8D0BBD.jpeg

Also got this one of its little hand resting on its chest :love: fingers are so clear!

View attachment 91352
OMG so cute!

I'm 12/40 today and feeling a bit twitchy as my NHS scan isn't till next Tuesday, so I managed to secure the last scan slot later today at the local window to the womb!

OMG so cute!

I'm 12/40 today and feeling a bit twitchy as my NHS scan isn't till next Tuesday, so I managed to secure the last scan slot later today at the local window to the womb!

Oh fab! Let us know how you get on! Xx

All looking good, and further she’s than I thought, so joining you ladies On the 14th Feb 2021 :cheer:

008B36B8-218D-45FF-B533-27E772C11940.jpeg

That was meant to say further along than I thought!

Awww yay how exciting! Glad it all went well! Lovely pic xx

Here he/she is! By dates 12/40 but CRL 12+1 today. All is well :)

Wondering if this is a good shot for the nub theory! We are also not finding out but it's fun to guess!

USS_12082020_9.jpg

Wow these scan photos are so cute. Have my scan tomorrow, fingers crossed all will be well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back