*** February 2020 mummies ***

It went fine thanks ☺️ we discussed feeding, safe sleeping and what to expect with having a section... and then the usual measuring, listening to the heartbeat and checking urine.
Seems like it’s normal practice to do 36 week appointments at home where I am, midwife did say it depends on the area/trust though!

Do you have a heath visitor come before baby Is born?

Sorry not been around much, Christmas, pregnancy, children and working have kept me super busy.

lovely to see the first February baby has arrived safely.

I’ve now finished work and on the countdown to baby. I feel pretty organised, I’ve packed hospital bags, washed all newborn-3 month clothes, just need to sort the crib but we seem to have misplaced the bolts for it!

I packed mine & baby's bag today too. Finally organised something!

I saw the HV last week at my local clinic. It was just an informal chat about what they do so they have everything on file before baby comes.

I'm thinking I might repack LO's bag now after having second thoughts about what I put in. Not feeling the sleepsuits I put in & might get some different ones.

What have you got in your baby bag in case I'd forgotten something?

I’m the same about the changing sleepsuits @Everdreamer i keep changing my mind! Only one I’m settled on is her coming home outfit!

I’ve tried to pack as light as I can, but still seems like we have loads of stuff!
For baby I’ve got sleepsuits, vests, hats, scratch mitts, blanket, nappies, travel changing mat, cotton wool, water wipes, nappy cream, a woolly hat and jacket for the journey home, muslins and a starter pack of formula (just in case - with having GD the baby will have her sugars checked so will need to feed asap and often).
For me I’ve got maternity pads, breast pads, some very attractive high waisted knickers (ha ha), 2x nighties, a thin jersey dressing gown, flip flops for the showers, a towel, toiletries (shower gel, bit of make up, deodorant etc), nursing bras, a comfy outfit for coming home, phone charger, camera... this is all off the top of my head, I’ve probably packed other things that I’ve forgotten to list!

I’ve got my final growth scan tomorrow and will see the consultant to get my definite section date... eeeeek!

Feeling a bit deflated today.

I was in hospital Sat night for reduced movement again. This means I had another scan today to check everything was OK. I'm 35+2 & she's breech.

The midwife today has said because I'm at ftm, chances are she won't turn in the next 7 days as they like baby to be turned for 36 weeks. Especially for ftm when your stomach muscles are tighter apparently.

I have to go back on Monday next week for a rescan to see if she's moved & if not to discuss options for going forward. This may include a version which I'm worried about & if unsuccessful we need to discuss the birth.

I don't know if i'd go through with a vaginal birth if breech due to what could go wrong but i'm i'm so disappointed with the thought of a c-section. She is my first & most likely only baby & I really want to go through labour.

If I opt for a vaginal & she's still breech, then a Dr has to be present & it just feels so much more medical.

I'm trying not to think about it too much until next week but it has made me feel down.

@EskimoGem you'll have to let us know the date. How exciting for you!!

Oh I’m sorry you feel deflated @Everdreamer :( fingers crossed that baby turns for you...I can completely understand that you feel disappointed if you really want to experience a natural delivery and now there’s a possibility of a section!
Try and stay positive, she might surprise you and turn for you and if not, try and focus on her arriving safe and well, regardless of the type of exit :)

I’ll keep you posted on how I get on tomorrow...my provisional date is at 38+6, but with being on insulin my midwife seems to think that it’ll be brought forward, so we’ll see what the consultant says!

Feeling a bit deflated today.

I was in hospital Sat night for reduced movement again. This means I had another scan today to check everything was OK. I'm 35+2 & she's breech.

The midwife today has said because I'm at ftm, chances are she won't turn in the next 7 days as they like baby to be turned for 36 weeks. Especially for ftm when your stomach muscles are tighter apparently.

I have to go back on Monday next week for a rescan to see if she's moved & if not to discuss options for going forward. This may include a version which I'm worried about & if unsuccessful we need to discuss the birth.

I don't know if i'd go through with a vaginal birth if breech due to what could go wrong but i'm i'm so disappointed with the thought of a c-section. She is my first & most likely only baby & I really want to go through labour.

If I opt for a vaginal & she's still breech, then a Dr has to be present & it just feels so much more medical.

I'm trying not to think about it too much until next week but it has made me feel down.

@EskimoGem you'll have to let us know the date. How exciting for you!!

if she hasn’t turned look into acupuncture p, I’ve heard lots of people that have had it and babies have turned.

@Everdreamer

I’m the same 35 weeks and my girl is still breech! They haven’t said much to me about it they’re waiting till I’m 36 weeks to start talking about her being still breech. I’m hoping your little one turns for you!!!

Has anyone’s baby dropped yet??? I’m wondering when I’m going to drop hoping she turns around and drops by first week of February!!

My bump seems to still be quite high @Bre and I’m 36+4!

I had a growth scan today and baby girl has gone from being 90th centile at 29 weeks to between 10 and 50th centile at 36 weeks...her estimated weight is 5lb 3oz, but she was 3lb 6oz 7 weeks ago! So I’ve been booked in for another growth scan next Tuesday to check everything is still ok...the consultant seems to think it’s because I’ve managed my GD well, but I’m still a little worried!
Also still waiting on a definite section date, may get it tomorrow at my pre-op, if not it should be confirmed by the end of the week :)

if she hasn’t turned look into acupuncture p, I’ve heard lots of people that have had it and babies have turned.

It's not something I'd thought about but if she is still breech on Monday, I'll look into it.

My ribs are in agony where her head is. Awkward baby!

@Bre I wouldn't really known until my 36 midfwife appointment next Tues if I didn't have to go for a scan this week due to reduced movement. I am starting to come to terms with it though. If I do have to have a section.

Really not sure I want an EVC if they offer it to me. It sounds painful & only works 50% of the time.

Mia Isabelle surprised us by arriving early on Thursday 23rd January (I was 36+6!) <3
We are so smitten and in love with her... despite her being technically classed as prem (only by the one day!) her breathing is fine and she passed all her blood sugar level testing with me having GD :)

It all happened very quickly, with my waters going at home around 11am and her being born by emergency section at 4:30pm. Still in a little shock that’s she’s made an early arrival and she’s actually in my arms!

F3A55323-9A22-4A15-BDCF-53CB560FA9CA.jpeg

Mia Isabelle surprised us by arriving early on Thursday 23rd January (I was 36+6!) <3
We are so smitten and in love with her... despite her being technically classed as prem (only by the one day!) her breathing is fine and she passed all her blood sugar level testing with me having GD :)

It all happened very quickly, with my waters going at home around 11am and her being born by emergency section at 4:30pm. Still in a little shock that’s she’s made an early arrival and she’s actually in my arms!

View attachment 89803
Congratulations, she is absolutely beautiful <3 xx

View attachment 89803

Absolutely beautiful, congratulations xx

View attachment 89803

OMG what a shock! How sweet & congratulations.

Feb babies all want to born in Jan it seems :smile:

I'll be the last one standing haha

Thank you all so much for your congratulations and kind words :)
We’re still in hospital at the moment but hoping to be going home today...I can’t wait!

Wondering if I should visit the hospital I’ve only had 2 good movements in 2 hours when she’s an active one. Getting a little worried should I keep track for 2 more hours see if she gets active before I make the trip?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back