*** February 2020 mummies ***

Crossing my fingers it all goes well for you. You're going to have your LG here in a few days. I understand that you're worried & scared but yes, her coming out does sound safer now.

I'm quite excited for you.

No bag packed yet. I'm currently sat on my sofa under a duvet, wide awake. I'm coming down with a cold & my pelvic pain has ramped up so much over the last few days that I'm struggling to move. My hips are so painful in bed & I'm really struggling at my desk now I'm back at work.

We have a full day's antinatel class today at the hospital. It's 9:30 - 4:30 so with no sleep & a head cold I think i'll be feeling pretty naff later.

Got everything crossed for you and baby girl @MrsS15 <3 you’ve made it to 34 weeks which seemed so far away when your waters first went! And although induction/labour ward/possible section isn’t the birth you wanted or imagined, as long as your baby girl arrives safely it’ll all be worth it :)
Keep us all posted when you can!

How are you feeling @Everdreamer ? Better I hope! Did the antenatal class go well?

@EskimoGem still struggling with SPD. The class went well though but it was a long day.

How are you getting on?

I’m getting on ok, my glucose levels still keep getting higher so I’ve had my insulin dosage upped again...
I’ve got an appointment with a consultant midwife tomorrow to discuss birth options with being high risk, so it’ll either be induction or section at 38 weeks. I don’t really know what to expect from the appointment and I’m still undecided as what type of birth I would like, I just want baby to arrive safely! <3

Hi ladies!

@Everdreamer hows the head cold? I’m glad you enjoyed the class. Sorry you’re struggling with spd too - have you seen physio? Pregnancy is a barrel of laughs isn’t it? :lol:

@EskimoGem sorry you’re having a hard time with your GD too. That’s rotten! If you’re going in at 38 weeks it really isn’t too long away. I hope you get all the information you need to make a decision about delivery!

So all going well it’s induction day for me tomorrow. It’s very dependent on a labour bed and a one to one midwife being available, as well as a neonatal bed for baby. If one of those aren’t then things will be postponed. I’m dreading it being cancelled day after day. Especially with having the boys at home to organise so my husband can be here with me. Hopefully it’ll all work out! I’ll keep you updated but, wish me luck eek xx

@EskimoGem I hope the appointment goes well tomorrow. At least if nothing else, you'll have a date to look forward to. Not long now until you are 38 weeks.

@MrsS15 the head cold has pretty much gone. The SPD is a killer. I get so frustrated at night & the pain wakes me up in tears. I feel so disabled when I try to walk too :sad:. I hate it. The physio is an option but it's at the hospital which is just another appointment to get to whilst juggling work & everything else. Only 4 more weeks left at work & then I'm hoping I get to veg at home for a while before she arrives.

I actually wrote out a birth plan today.

I really hope your induction happens tomorrow. I'm crossing everything for you. Good luck!

Wishing you lots of luck @MrsS15 and I’ve got everything crossed that your induction hasn’t been postponed and has gone ahead today!

I bet you can’t wait to finish work @Everdreamer with struggling with SPD so much :( do you have the option to take some sick leave with it being so bad? I hope it eases up for you, pregnancy is so tough on us!

My appointment today went really well, the consultant midwife was really supportive and has suggested a planned section at 38 to 39 weeks. Mainly due to GD risks and me being adamant that I didn’t want an instrumental delivery. I’ve had a provisional date booked for 38+6, which will be confirmed at my final growth scan...it should only change if my growth scan gives any reason/need for baby to be delivered any sooner than that ☺️ It feels strange to have a plan in place and to potentially know my baby’s birthday!

Aaw at least you have a good idea of when baby will arrive. How exciting.

I've had some bad news today. My nanna has passed away. I'm heartbroken. I just hope she watches over me & LG now from where ever she is. I just wish she'd been able to meet her first great-grandchild.

Oh @Everdreamer i’m so so sorry to hear about your Nanna :( I’m sure she will definitely be looking over you and baby girl and guiding you both...sending you lots of love, I really hope you’re holding up as well as you can be given the circumstances <3

Thank you.

I'm OK. I think it'll feel strange though once baby is born.

Our beautiful baby girl arrived after a speedy induction on the 8th of January at 4.42am weighing 5lb 2oz. I’ll do a full birth story soon but contractions didn’t really start until 1am and she was born just over 3.5hrs later on just gas and air.

It’s been a bit of a whirlwind. She’s in neonatal care for jaundice and she wasn’t managing to keep her temperature or blood sugars up. She’s also needing some IV anti biotics because of my waters breaking for so long. Otherwise she’s absolutely perfect. Needing tube fed at the moment but she’s trying her little hardest to latch on!

My beautiful baby girl. Audra Belle <3

A96763DB-A193-4131-B7DD-35872594AE6D.jpeg

Massive congratulations @MrsS15 :cheer::cheer::cheer: your baby girl is absolutely gorgeous! All that lovely dark hair! And Audra is such a beautiful name <3

Massive congratulations! She's gorgeous & I love the name. She's a good weight too & glad to hear she seems well after all you'd been through. I'm a little bit jealous! ;)

How’s everyone getting on? Well I hope?

I have officially finished work for maternity leave today :cheer:!!

How’s everyone getting on? Well I hope?

I have officially finished work for maternity leave today :cheer:!!

Aaw how exciting! How are you feeling?

I ache everywhere & I'm still at work until 31st Jan.

We went for a look around the birthing unit last night which was nice. Baby now super active too.

Had my 34 week checkup on Monday & the midwife said I had a "neat bump & it's pretty much all baby" which made me feel good. Especially as I cannot stop stuffing my face with chocolate :)

@EskimoGem woohoo hope you’re enjoying the start of your mat leave!!

im feeling great just had my first prenatal class with my partner yesterday. He was a funny one he was blown away how we birth the placenta after the baby! Looking to book my hospital tour soon and start on my hospital bag.

I’m feeling relieved to have finished, it was bliss this morning not having to go in the office!

I hope the next two weeks go really quick for you @Everdreamer ...don’t worry about the chocolate consumption, you deserve it!

Glad you’re feeling great @Bre :) it’s so funny how partners seem to be clueless about the placenta!

I have my 36 week midwife appointment today, which the midwife is coming to our house for...is this common elsewhere? I wasn’t sure if everyone had their 36 week appointment at home!

I'm not sure. I'm having mine at my usual clinic. Maybe where you usually go isn't free that day?

How did it go?

It went fine thanks ☺️ we discussed feeding, safe sleeping and what to expect with having a section... and then the usual measuring, listening to the heartbeat and checking urine.
Seems like it’s normal practice to do 36 week appointments at home where I am, midwife did say it depends on the area/trust though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back