*** February 2020 mummies ***

Got everything crossed that baby girl stays put until after Christmas @MrsS15 ...and glad to hear that she’s avoided your little boys birthday! Keep us posted on how it goes on Tuesday :)

Sending you lots of love @Everdreamer for seeing your Nanna today, you would’ve definitely regretted it if you didn’t <3

I’m still not doing great with the gestational diabetes, my glucose levels are all over the place...had the highest and lowest readings I’ve ever had on Friday! I’ve also had it confirmed that I’ll be induced or have a section when I’m 38 weeks due to being on insulin, which isn’t far away at all!

Sorry for the double post but forgot to add...I am being such a Scrooge about Christmas this year! I haven’t even put my tree up :( I’ve put a wreath on the front door, that’s as festive as I’m getting!
I have wrapped all the pressies though and we’ll be spending the actual day at my parents :)
I’m working Christmas Eve too...my thinking was that by volunteering to work, it will work in my favour when I want the next few off to spend with little one!

Still holding on ladies. I have the hospital tomorrow for a scan and more checks. I had some red stringy bits tonight - not sure if it’s my bloody show. I’m still just clinging onto getting through Xmas!

@Everdreamer hows your nanna? I’m so glad you went to see her. I had a sweep with G and went straight to sit with my Grampa for a few hours. He died 12 hours later and I’m so glad I had that time with him!

I’m feeling a lot bigger too. Just the last week or so I’ve sprouted right out!

@EskimoGem im completely with you on the bah humbug. This is the most unchristmassy I’ve ever felt! You’ve got a lot going on with your GD playing up. Plus working Xmas eve. You can definitely be forgiven! I’m sure once work is over tomorrow you’ll get in the mood. Christmas with your parents will be lovely! 38 weeks isn’t far off at all. It’s scary isn’t it! Xx

I hope you all have a lovely (sober!) Christmas with your families and loved ones <3
Once Christmas is over we’ll all be so close to meeting our babies!

You too lovely, have the best day!

I seen the consultant today and had a scan. Baby looking perfect and measuring around 4lb. The consultant is happy to keep seeing me every couple of days at hospital with the aim of inducing me around 35 weeks. So I’ll fingers crossed get a 2020 baby. Just need this little baby to cooperate and go along with the plan. At the very least let me have my Christmas dinner :lol:

Merry Christmas ladies xxx

Happy Christmas girls.

@MrsS15 my Nanna is not doing so well. She's lost a lot of weight & now has jaundice. We're just waiting now I suppose. We're still flying to Berlin on Friday though which will be nice. This is if I can actually walk. Hip pain is really bad atm. I think my LG has moved too & has started, only in the last 2 days, kicking me in the rib! Not the best Xmas pressie from her. ;)

Aw glad baby is still doing well. I'm crossing everything that she stays in there until Jan.

@EskimoGem how are you getting on now? Are you feeling a little more festive?

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Holidays to all my beautiful February mommy’s to be!! Fiancée and I decided to spend it in punta Cana this year... 31 weeks pregnant and feeling great hope everyone is enjoying their holidays and feeling wonderful ❤️

Hope you manage to enjoy Berlin despite the hip pain @Everdreamer :)
And so glad to hear baby is doing well @MrsS15 and that the consultant is happy to see you every couple of days!

I ended up having a lovely Christmas, despite not feeling very festive...not back at work until 2nd Jan so making the most of the chill time :) and I have my baby shower tomorrow which I’m looking forward to!

Berlin has killed me off! Pretty much none stop walking from Friday until today. Everything that could hurt does :). Home now though. Bath, pjs & stuffing my face with cheese & crackers.

@EskimoGem how did the baby shower go?

The bath, pjs and cheese and crackers sounds like bliss @Everdreamer :smile:

The baby shower was so lovely thanks, was fab to see everyone before baby girl arrives! Baby was also very very spoilt, we got some absolutely gorgeous gifts <3

How is everyone celebrating New Years Eve? I have diabetes clinic this morning and the midwife this afternoon! So we’re going out for a meal in the early evening, I’ll probably be asleep in bed when midnight comes around :dance:

Aw, hope your meal was nice. I'm at home with my dogs, snuggled under a duvet whilst my OH goes out. We can't leave the dogs home alone due to fireworks & I really cba to go out this year anyway.

Has anyone else's baby stopped kicking & do they also just 'wriggle' now? I've not really felt any kicks for a couple of days but a lot of twisting & belly movement. Mostly behind my belly button or quite low down near my bladder. Some feeling even further down too & the wriggling can be a bit painful sometimes in my lower belly.

I've no idea what position she's in.

I’m still feeling kicks... sometimes I can feel her just wriggling around but it’s still mostly kicks. I was hoping I’d see her kicks outside of my tummy like prominently ur just seeing the bumps. If you know what I mean! Lol I also have no idea what position my little one is in either I’m hoping she’s turned around
Aw, hope your meal was nice. I'm at home with my dogs, snuggled under a duvet whilst my OH goes out. We can't leave the dogs home alone due to fireworks & I really cba to go out this year anyway.

Has anyone else's baby stopped kicking & do they also just 'wriggle' now? I've not really felt any kicks for a couple of days but a lot of twisting & belly movement. Mostly behind my belly button or quite low down near my bladder. Some feeling even further down too & the wriggling can be a bit painful sometimes in my lower belly.

I've no idea what position she's in.

Yep I get lots of thudding about and sticking her bum out! My tummy goes rock hard when her bum is sticking out ha ha...
Baby seems to get hiccups a lot too!

Happy New Year ladies. Did you all have a good one? Even if it was much quieter this year! We went to my sisters as she was having a party and fireworks etc. It was a good night but I was exhausted.

I’m still feeling lots of movement/kicks. Baby is head down, bum up at my ribs on the left side and feet/legs free to kick me anywhere else :lol:

I can’t believe I’ve made it to almost 34 weeks and a 2020 baby. I’m so pleased! Seeing the consultant on Friday and hopefully get a plan. My waters broke over 5 weeks ago and I’ve been bleeding for nearly 3 weeks. I’m so pleased we’ve got this far but I’m exhausted and my nerves are completely shot. We agreed on 35 weeks for induction so hopefully we’ll get a plan sorted soon. Scary I could have my baby so soon! Xx

Oh really not long for you to go now! Hopefully it's good news on Friday. You've done so well to say what's happened & I'm really glad she's stayed put for you.

I go back to work tomorrow & then on countdown. 22 shifts left to work. I finally break up on 31/1.

I've been into Nottingham today & bought a fair bit for my hospital bag so might start packing it later today if I cba.

Thank you. I’m pleased how far we’ve got, when I thought I’d have baby at 28 weeks then again at 31 weeks. She’s a good 4lb 8 now (roughly) so I know she’ll be good if she was to come any day.

Not long at all until you finish. Walking out of work on your last day is the best feeling.

I’ve had my hospital bag packed since my waters went (panic packed after that :lol:) then I’ve used it when I got admitted for the bleeding so I’ve had to repack it again. Mine and babies bag is sitting ready to go next to the car seat. I just need to sort the pram really but I think we’re fairly organised. I’m hoping to breastfeed again so not got any bottles or milk or dummies etc, but I’ve got a microwave steriliser so can easily get bits if something changes xx

So glad baby girl has stayed put for you this long @MrsS15 ...knowing that she’s an ok weight if she does decide to arrive anytime from now must be a relief for you!

I’m back to work tomorrow too @Everdreamer and definitely on countdown until mat leave! I have 11 working days to go, then a couple of weeks annual leave before mat leave officially starts at the beginning of Feb...I can’t blummin wait!

I’ve got as far as making a list for my hospital bag, just need to actually get going and sort it now! Bought some non bio washing powder today so that I can wash all the baby clothes :)

I decided I couldn't be bothered to start packing today.

I had a mad washing day a few weeks ago but still have more to do.

It all feels so real all of a sudden.

Completely agree on it all feeling real all of a sudden!

Hi ladies, I posted this update on my journal so just copying it over to keep you in the loop (sorry it’s long)

So I was back at hospital today for our usual Friday check. I mentioned to the midwife I’d had more fresh red bleeding last night. It mostly stays pink but every so often I get a gush of bright red. All mine and babies checks again were absolutely fine, although the CTG picked up some tightenings I was having. The consultant came round to see me and said she wasn’t happy that I’d had further red bleeding and that it was continuing 3 weeks down the line. She’s the loveliest consultant ever and I could tell she was trying not to worry me, but I knew she was concerned. I think she’d hoped the bleeding would stop - as we all have hoped. She thinks it’s now time we look at getting baby out. It’s been 5.5 weeks since my waters broke, over 3 weeks of bleeding and we’ve made it to over 34 weeks. She said she’s worried we’re trying to push things too far and end up crossing a line risking babies, and my own health. I’d hoped to get to 35 weeks but we might just be short of that. On Sunday I’m going in to be admitted for close observation and the consultant will discuss induction with me on Monday morning. She said this time next week baby will be here. I feel so many emotions - I’m so glad we now have a plan but I’m worried and scared. We don’t know how baby is going to be after 6 weeks of leaking waters and a possibly bleeding placenta. I do feel it’s safer for her to be out now, but I feel really sad my last pregnancy has been so difficult and ending on these terms. I’m trying to soak up these last couple of days with my boys and of having little miss inside me <3

The consultant is happy for me to try labour myself but has warned I have a high chance on ending in a section. Another thing I’m extremely anxious about. My last labour and delivery was quick and straight forward and I was home 9 hours after he was born. I know this time will be nothing like that experience. I’ll be induced on labour ward and closely monitored. If my body doesn’t react to the induction or baby gets distressed then I’ll be taken for a section. I’m just hoping with it being my third (and that I’m already having some tightenings) that my body will react and know what to do. I’m devastated at the thought of a section but I know if it’s best for baby then that’s what needs to be done!

I hope you’re all doing okay? And managing to get your hospital bags packed :lol: I hope the last few weeks of work fly in for you! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back