*** February 2020 mummies ***

MrsS15

Reaction score
Last trimester, eek :D on the home stretch now!

Due dates.. :bump:

13th - MrsS15 :pink:
14th- EskimoGem :pink:
18th - Nutsy :yellow:
22nd - Everdreamer :pink:
27th - Bre :pink:
29th - Queenramage :yellow:

Not long to go now!!

Nice to have a new thread & the majority of us are having girlies

Not long at all eek!

I thought that too when I was doing the list. I wonder if the team yellows will have boys!!

My baby boy is loaded with the cold and some sort of viral thing. He’s breaking my heart he feels so miserable. It’s going to be a long night with him. Not great when pregnant and only had 3 hours sleep post night shift :lol: xx

I can’t believe we’re now on a third trimester thread! Eeeeeek!

How is everyone doing?

Hi ladies,

My waters broke in work last night :cry: I’ve been in hospital since 2am - thankfully my maternity is only a corridor away from my ward so was there nice and quick. Checked my cervix and said my membranes have definitely ruptured. It’s not been huge amounts so they’re trying to keep her in there. I’ve had 1 steroid injection (need another in 24 hours) anti biotics bloods and constant monitoring. So far I’ve had no labour pains so praying with everything I have that she’ll stay in there longer I’m absolutely terrified and can’t stop crying xx

Sending lots of love @MrsS15 <3
I can completely imagine why you’re so scared and can’t stop crying...I’ve got everything crossed that your baby girl stays put for a while longer yet!
Keep us posted on how you get on with the second steroid injection, you’re in the best place and will be well looked after <3

Hi ladies,

My waters broke in work last night :cry: I’ve been in hospital since 2am - thankfully my maternity is only a corridor away from my ward so was there nice and quick. Checked my cervix and said my membranes have definitely ruptured. It’s not been huge amounts so they’re trying to keep her in there. I’ve had 1 steroid injection (need another in 24 hours) anti biotics bloods and constant monitoring. So far I’ve had no labour pains so praying with everything I have that she’ll stay in there longer I’m absolutely terrified and can’t stop crying xx

Oh no! Thinking of you. I really hope she stays put for you but at least you're in the best place & you're being monitored.

Please let us know how you get on. I really hope everything's OK.

Most early mornings I am awoken by leg cramps. Not a new, fun symptom :(

Thanks so much ladies. We’re still in hospital and so far labour seems to have stayed away My waters are down to trickles now but they aren’t sure how much I’ve lost. They did explain waters can replenish but there’s a hole in the sac so it’ll just continue to come out. They said if labour didn’t start I could possibly get home with check ups at hospital every 2/3 days. I could go into labour any day but the longer she stays in there the better. I won’t be allowed to go near full term as the infection risk is too high, but 34 weeks is the aim if baby behaves. Keep us in your thoughts <3

The leg cramps are horrid @Everdreamer. If your partner is willing, ask him to do some stretches on your legs before you go to bed. It really does help! Xx

Thank you for updating us @MrsS15 ...will definitely keep you and baby girl in our thoughts, haven’t been able to stop thinking of you both!
Fingers crossed for getting to 34 weeks, will that make her a New Years baby?

Thank you so much lovely. Consultant just been and said I can go home. Got very strict instructions and I’ll be back in on Monday for extra checks but I can live with that. I’ve barely slept for 3 days so I’m looking forward to getting home. Going on the trace again soon and if baby still behaves we’ll be home!!
34 weeks will be very early January, brand new 2020 baby. My youngests birthday is 19th of December. Worst timing ever :lol: but every day she stays in there I’m so grateful for. I’m sure she’ll pick her own birthday <3 xx

@MrsS15 she's just too eager to come out & see you. I really hope she stays put until 34 weeks though for you.

Hi ladies,

Hi @MrsS15
I was thread hopping and see your message.
Hope everything is okay and your little girl stays in there as long as possible x

Had to go in for monitoring last Weds due to no movement & back in Sat for another checkup & monitoring. Then I was given a scan on Mon morning & saw my mw Mon afternoon for my 28 week appointment.

Everything's ok. Baby just being a lazy monkey that day... She's been fine since.

She is measuring big though according to the scan so my mw says we need to keep an eye on growth.

Hope everyone else is OK

Had to go in for monitoring last Weds due to no movement & back in Sat for another checkup & monitoring. Then I was given a scan on Mon morning & saw my mw Mon afternoon for my 28 week appointment.

Everything's ok. Baby just being a lazy monkey that day... She's been fine since.

She is measuring big though according to the scan so my mw says we need to keep an eye on growth.

Hope everyone else is OK

Glad the monitoring showed baby was just being a bit lazy @Everdreamer
Is the midwife sending you for a growth scan?

I’ve got my first growth scan since being diagnosed with GD this afternoon...interested to see how big this baby girl is!
I was also put on insulin injections yesterday at the GD clinic :( diet and metformin just wasn’t working...I’m so thankful this is short term!

Thank you for the messages ladies. Sorry for the late update. I was back at hospital yesterday. Baby still seems happy in there, now quite firmly head down (felt every bit of her getting in there too eek) but hoping it’s not her getting too comfy and engaging. Scan yesterday showed I still have some pockets of fluid which is fab. No infection present either - that’s our biggest concern right now. I’ll be at the hospital every tues/fri for bloods, trace, checks and scans. If baby is still behaving in 2 weeks and I’ve not went into labour, we’ll get a plan to induce early January at 34 weeks. If you’d told me last month I’d have a baby at 34 weeks I’d have panicked, now it’s a date I’m praying to get to! @Nattles33 thank you for popping in and your well wishes <3

@Everdreamer what a little monkey you have there. Let us know how the scan goes and what her growth is saying. My boys have always measured around the 75th centile but this baby is just below the 50th. It’s strange having a smaller one :lol:

@EskimoGem hope your scan goes well. Update us once you’ve had it! Sorry you’re having to go onto injections :( definitely just keep reminding yourself it’s short lived. You’ll have baby before you know it xx

@MrsS15 glad she's still doing well & the hospital seem happy with you. I'm really hoping she waits until 34 weeks for you. Get Xmas out of the way! :wink:

@EskimoGem no growth scan as it was the scan after being monitored which picked up the fact that she's larger. MW is going to see how I'm measuring again in 3 week's time. I hope your scan goes well. Let us know how you get on.

MW wants me to start a birthplan which seems all too real now. I have 8 weeks of work left too, including a week off for Xmas so the countdown is on.

Sorry @Everdreamer i read that as you were having another growth scan too. I’m sure if the midwife gets concerned with your bump measuring bigger etc she’ll get you in for another scan. It isn’t always accurate so try not to worry!
Do you have any ideas of what you’d like in a birth? It’s something I wouldn’t get too hung up on personally as it’s the more unpredictable situation. Especially first time births :lol: my first ended up nothing like I wanted/expected so for second time around I just made some rough points ie no epidural, would like to be as mobile as possible, use of water pool if able. I think if you set your heart on a certain type of birth it can be disappointing. This is obviously my third and it’s going to be another completely different birth

I’m desperately hoping to get Xmas out the way first. I’ve got Grayson’s birthday on the 19th, then Xmas then NY. She can come any time after the 2nd :lol: xx

Growth scan was all fine :) baby is not measuring as huge as the Midwife’s measurements thank god! She’s between 50-90th centile and weighs around 3lb 6oz already.

Fingers crossed that you can make it to 34 weeks @MrsS15 ...would definitely be better if you can get your little boys birthday and Xmas out of the way before she arrives!

I haven’t even thought about a birth plan yet, I’m kind of reluctant to put one together, as I wouldn’t expect anything to actually go to a set plan ;)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back