Check in thread for late jan / early feb mummies

I'm glad you said that because my neighbour said today that it will be another week.

I wish I hadn't asked her now! I bloody hope not! :D

lucy - i don't mind so much though, as i know the dust that settles on laminate floors is the same dust that would otherwise be allowed to accumulate unnoticed in a carpet! at least it's visible and can be cleaned up so it makes for a cleaner healthier indoor environmet! even though it can be such a pain to sweep almost every day! i keep one of those sweepers w/ disposable dusters on and use it about every other day (luckily only takes 2 mins and saves me getting the hoover out!) then once a week i clean "properly" with my flash powermop which is also a godsend! lol

sarah - i don't think you'll be needing your induction either. surely all these niggles you're having can't be nothing?! i bet you'll go into labour naturally in the next couple of days! and when you do, i'll be green with envy!!! :lol:

i managed to hurt my knee earlier (well OH managed to hurt my knee for me more like it) so i'm comfort eating ice cream at the moment. it's nothing serious, i'm just limping a little and will probably be ok in the morning, but i'm milking it for all it's worth! :lol: making OH feel guilty as hell! he went in the loft to get something, and i asked him to throw down the bag of pre pregnancy clothes for me to sort through to see what - if anything - i can possibly wear after the birth. we haven't got a proper loft ladder, so he uses a step ladder to get up there. well he took the heavy bag, carried it over, ignored me saying "wait i need to move the ladder out of the way", and threw it down. big heavy bag hit step ladder, step ladder hit me in the knee... OUCH!!! it hurt!!! i'm making HIM do all the dishes tonight, do doubt about it! lol. and he can make me a cuppa too!

yep, i'm still here. had a couple of really strong twinges last night, but they eased off when i went to bed and were gone by the time i went for my 1st midnight wee! i was disappointed... should obviously not have gone to bed, but stayed bouncing on my gym ball for a while longer....

and we had cuddles and everything..... all that effort for nothing!!!

going for a longish walk today, see if that will get me going. will be a slow one though, i can only seem to waddle these days! and today i WILL sweep that floor...

Oh Petchy - hope your knee is ok now, I was laughing when I read about you making OH do the dishes etc, too right!!

Those twinges sound good, I reckon things are starting!!

I had a bit of backache yesterday and started to try and remeber what period pains were like (seems ages ago since I had a period!) but I think the backache was from cleaning the car and I feel fine this morning.

Anyone heard from K?

Lucy
38 + 6

Morning Girls!
Signing in today, tho not sure why....nothing to tell!! still not one sign!
I think im going to be taken by surprise when im least expecting it!
Sarah it sounds promising hun, and poor you Petchy with your poorly knee!
i went to see OH son for his birthday yesterday, 2 hours away. I thought that this would start something for sure, being so far away from home, but no, just back ache from being sat so long :(
any way i guess these babies will arrive when they are good and ready.
But i just cant wait any longer!!!

I'm still here after a disasterous night-not as bad as yours Sarah. I was having severe pains underneath that I couldn't walk properly, I actually thought that LO was trying to push her way out. It went on for 3 hours then went to bed and got up this morning, still feeling immense pressure down below. I am not sure if this is normal, or maybe LO is engaging further, but that was agony, so I don't know how I will cope with contractions! :cry:

Hi K

If its any consolation, I coped with the fact that I thought I was in labour very well. I really thought I was in labour and I was very calm about it.

Like you, I've had intense pressure type pains that took my breath away and frightened me and got me into a panic. But the pains I had last night were more like waves that peaked and then disappeared for eight minutes and then came up like a wave of pain again.

Yes they really hurt, but that fact that I knew that they would die down again, got me through each one. I just hope that my proper labour starts in a similar way so that I can follow the same pattern.

So yes, I'm still here and waiting too. :roll:

Sarah

I know this probably sounds like such a stupid question (I blame pregnancy hormones!) how do you know your not in early llabour now - if you are having pains like that?
:shock:
L x

here for another day it looks.... getting fed up now, but i suppose there's really nothing i can do to get LO out until he decides it's time. (tried all the tricks several times, and will still carry on with that though)

i suspect he perhaps wants to hang in there until his grandma arrives from norway on wednesday afternoon! :lol:

the MW is coming later, not that she will do anything to get him out quicker, but at least it will kill some time today! she had a lovely senior student MW with her last time, i do hope she's there again today!

Morning All!
Thought id might as well check in yet again, even though nothing to tell!
Feeling totally fine, no niggles, twinges etc. The cuddles side of getting the party started is lovely though, enjoying it while we can!
Has any one heard from Sarah this morning? maybe its her day today, fingers crossed for her.

Hi girls!

I think Sarah must be in labour, I'm sure she would be online by now if she wasn't! - GOOD LUCK SARAH!! :)

I'm concerned my wee one has turned breech, last night I couldn't sleep as he/she was doing some strange acrobatics and this morning my bump seems higher up than before :shock:

Hope everyone has a nice day

Lucy
39 wks

oooh, sarah - hope this means today is the day for you!!!!!! good luck!!!!!!!

Morning all. I am still here 2, 3 days over due now :cry: No signs what so ever, have consultants this afternoon so hopefully might get some news like buba is fully engaged. Wishing upon a star! Sarah I hope for your sake you are in labour, and not just had a crap night. Thinking of you. Can't believe we WERE due on same day, and we are both still here. :roll:

hey!! sarah's still not been on.. ooooh hope it's going well for her :)
*thinking of you sarah*

and i will officially start signing in tomorrow as i will be on single digits on my ticker and i have an appointment with midwife so hopefully she will have good news for me

good luck to all of you who are still there
fingers crossed it's your turn v soon

Wow Pips 10 days till due date thats gone quick!!! Not long to wait now!

Steph x

P.s Good luck Sarah you may be holding your baba as we speak!!

tell me about steph! although everytime i get pains i think its not going fast enough :? hehe

tomorrows antenatal class is about breastfeeding and mothers are bringing in their wee ones.. i think by the end of the two hours i'll be pushing like mad to get it out even though i don't have contractions :D

Hi everyone

Ah I can't wait to hear Sarah's news, hopefully She will start the roll of baby deliverys!

K - is your sweep tomorrow? Fingers crossed that will get you well on the way if it doesn't happen before then.

Just got an email from a friend - her friend was a week over due and gave birth to a wee boy at 1am morning after going into hospital with contractions at 5.30 last night = she said her friend had managed on gas and air and said it was a breeze - lets hope it is for all of us as well !! :) (maybe she was still high on the pethidine!!)

Lucy
39 wks

Just back from the consultants-my appointment was at 2-checked cervix-still closed, it was agony, so couldn't do sweep. Blood pressure was extremely high, so I got taken up to the day bed unit, had blood etc taken as they suspected pre eclampsia, but all is ok. BP went down a bit and was allowed to come home, but got to go back daily to get it checked!

I just want bump out now, but it's looking like I will need induced-which may I add the daft consultant says they don't book you in at my hosp 4 it until your 41 weeks tyhen it's usually for the week after depending and I quote "on a slot when they can fit you in"!!! aaargh, so it will be next Weds! :cry:

Hope all you ladies are well, and Lucy thanx for your kind words.xx

I reckon Sarah must definatley be on her way!!!!!!

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back