Checking in thread for late March/early April mums

have you got a date for induction? i didnt have any real signs on my first child just woke up one night at 2am thinking why am i awake? didnt take long to figure out what woke me lol xxx

Hi Rach,

I wake up about every 2-3 hours anyway, normally in pain or needing the loo so probably wouldn't notice!!!! :roll:

It could be worse, i'm booked into the hospital on Thursday night, where they'll put the gel on, their thinking behind that is I can then get a good nights sleep, that made me laugh, if I can't do that at home in my own bed with my own pillows in the pitch black & quiet I don't think i'll have much luck sleeping in a hospital bed :lol:

Even though its frustrating being overdue & wanting to go into to labour naturally at least I know for sure i'll have my baby on friday - aaaarrghhh thats such a scary thought :shock:

oh well hun like you said friday the latest you will have bubba :D only a few more days xxxxx

Hi All,

Still no baby for me. Looks like it'll be an induction :(

Nicki.xx

Hi yvonne,

How are you?
I should be going in at 8pm but they said to phone at 7 to make sure its ok. Not really sure what will happen, if i'll have to stay in overnight or if they will put the gel on then send me home :think: We're having a dilemma as to what to do with the dog at the mo.!!!!!!

Finding it really strange that i'll have my baby by the weekend, it still doesn't seem real :shock:

Lol, i was the same when i was having Amy. I went in for a routine anti natal check and cos my blood pressure was still up the consultant came in and said "We will be inducing you" and me thinking he meant a week later said "oh right when will that be?" and he said "tomorrow!" (great re-enactment!)

Well i fell off the couch! :doh:
Luckily i didn't land on the floor cos Andy was by the side of me but it was pure shock!! :shock:
I was induced in the morning so they took me straight to delivery suite, but here if you are induced at night they do it in the ward and leave you to progess over night and then insert another pessary in the morning if it is needed. Also the bad thing is OH isn't allowed to stay with ou here if you are induced at night as you are on an all woman ward. It's stupid :shakehead:

I'm guessing that they won't let Dave stay, not that he would really need to if nothing happens & he needs to sleep too but thats' actually scaring me more at the minute as i've never stayed in hospital before & will hate being left on my own.

How long did it take before you started contracting after they put the gel on? Did they use gel for you?

Nicki.x

P.s Think we got the dog thing sorted now!! :clap:

Well they gave me my first pessery tablet at 11 am, anmd i was getting contractions mildly almost straight away. It depends how ready your cervix is. They can give you a maximum of 3

You'll be fine hun, it may only be 1 night hun if delivery goes ok. d :dance:

Thanks hun. I'll let you know whats happened as soon as I can. :D

yeah make sure DH posts as soon as anything happens :D :dance:

Nicki all the best for tomorrow, will be thinking of you. I can't wait to hear the news, soon you'll have a son :dance: :dance:

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back