Check in thread for late jan / early feb mummies

Sarah he is adorable!!!! That hat is to cute!!!

xoxo Ree

he's beautiful sarah!! congrats and well done :D :D

lucy, i'd love for us to meet up, maybe before jean has hers then, yeah?

petchy you still there?

i certainly am... nothing much new apart from increasing palpitations but don't think that's much to shout about :(

night everyone xx

Awwww Sarah...he's scrumptious!!
Well...Still here again, due tommorrow, be nice if i was that 4% that delivered as due!
Well I have had a sign ??????
Getting really intense period type pains through out the night, they last about 30 seconds and happen every 15/20 mins! When they have happened i feel fine until the next 'wave' Im sure they will die down, and its only baby moving further down, pretty sure she isnt even engaged yet.
BUT..its all a step in the right direction!! yeahhhhhh.....
Are we all still out there??

Hello!

Pips - sounds good, lets make arrangements once wee ones have arrived.

Hels - period type pains sounds promising! I think this is the beginning! Like you say every new thing is definately a step in the right direction!

I've woken up with some lower back pain but think it's due to sleeping in awkward position! Also think I've got a cold coming :(

Going into Glasgow to do some shopping and meet a couple for lunch, hope you all have a nice day.

Petchy - u still here or just busy with your Mum being here? Hope you're ok.

Sarah - Samuel is gorgeous, aww it's lovely seeing the wee babies.

Lucy
39 + 4

i'm STILL here.... had some pains through the night, but i'm not sure if they were the start of something or just trapped wind :oops: lol

just thought - sarah, you'll have to change your screen name now you're "sarah without baby belly"!! lol

i think we're getting paranoid about what are signs or not lol

i didn't even get a single pain during the night so guess it won't be a weekend baby

fingers crossed to all of you who are feeling things move... and come on!! we need a bit more baby here :lol:

Well, Im still having these pains, as ive never even had BH, im pretty unsure what contractons feel like!! LOL
Im sure that its just her moving down, did this cause any others discomfort?? the pains are quite iregular, but have been going on 12 hours or more now....
I have kept busy all day, just stopping when its uncomfortable, Fingers crossed!!

sounds promising hels!!! fingers crossed!

i went into town with my mum today and walked around for quite a while. got back and cleaned the house, and when i sat down i got quite a bit of cramping which is still there, as well as cramps down the inside of my thighs, so i'm taking another walk in a bit - down to the local curry house to get a take-away curry! lol, it must be worth a try!

Hmmmmm...curry, now that could be worth a try LOL!!
I had that inside thigh cramp thing the other day, just after id replied to your post about it, saying id not had any cramp at all!!
I have my sweep booked for sunday, hopefully we wont need them!!
Good luck!

lol have just had a curry!! :D

well hels it sounds as if you won't be signing in for long, fingers crossed for you!

when did you guys get to book your sweep?

right.... just had TOO MUCH curry and feel rather stuffed!!! now keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for action! those cramps from earlier have gone though.. :(

pips, my MW just said at my last antenatal that we could do a sweep when i'm a week overdue if i've not given birth by then. so i guess we'll see in the next few days if i need it or not!

ITS DUE DATE!!!

Yum Yum...i had curry too!!
Im still here, 'period pains' are still around, but not quite as often, so hopefully MW will tell me tommorrow that she's moved right down.
I was booked in for my sweep on my 38 week appointment, although they will not do one until you are 1 week over due. Mines a week today!
Well the days left are getting ever less, and fingers crossed for everyone!!

nope, no luck with the curry either... now 3 days overdue. seems like all these old wives tales are just that - old wives tales!

so far i have tried: -

Clary Sage Oil - since 37 weeks, no result

Raspberry Leaf - daily since 35 weeks, no results yet but will let you know after the birth if it helped me have a short labour.

Nipple Stimulation - daily for the last few weeks, no results yet

Sex - should have more, but what little we have managed to do hasn't done anything yet

Walking loads - seems to bring on some cramping, but nothing major

Sitting on gym ball - seems to do the same as walking; brings on cramps that go away again

Curry - nope, no effect other than giving me heartburn and making me feel so stuffed i couldn't breathe properly!

Still haven't tried: -

Castor oil - no way! i'd rather be induced!!!! lol

Fresh Pineapple - don't you have to eat at least 8 whole ones in one sitting to get enough of that enzyme that supposedly can get things going??

Black and Blue Cohosh - have heard these can give you high BP, which isn't ideal when you have white coat syndrome anyway!

Oil of Evening Primrose (orally or vaginally) - might give this a go if nothing has happened in the next couple of days. keep thinking how funny it would be if baby's head emerged covered in those little gelatine capsules if they don't dissolve completely! lol

Reflexology - i'm calling my reflexologist today to see if she can fit me in early next week to work her magic!

still here as well. have def got nasty feeling will be overdue now (sob, after i was told i would be early as well)

hels, it's exciting!! there is still hope something might start today for you :D

petchy, i had half a fresh pineapple to myself the other night ang guzzled it down in 10mins as was really enjoying it. only thing it did was kill off any sensation in my lips and tongue for hours lol

going swimming now.. hope that does something xx

Morning everyone

Hels - Happy Due Date! Like you say, little one is probably moving down nicely now and perhaps of the cramping might be your cervix softening and starting to open (I'm sure I read in another check in thread of someone who had cramping on and off and when she was examined she was 1 or 2cm dilated).

Petchy - thanks for the list, it's reminded me of things I can try! I haven't had reflexology before but my friend (who sadly lives miles and miles away) is a reflexologist and really believes it can bring on labour so I think I'll look into that this wk.

I have a sweep booked for Friday - the MW mentioned it at my 39wk appointment and I'll be 2 or 3 days overdue (depending whether Tues or Wed is counted as my due date)

Hopefully this week will be the week for us!

Fee - are you still here?

Lucy
39 + 5

ohhh id love to go swimming Pips, i just darent!! Is that silly?
Im not really up for leaving the house at the mo, especially on my own.
OH may fancy a swim on tuesday if im still hanging on
were all so close now...its very exciting!
wonder who'll be next to post on new arrivals?
Any signs yet Lucy>?
urghhhhhh castor oil.... yuk!
Pineapple gave me heart burn lol!

Hi

I am now 8 days overdue with no signs at all that my baby is coming. I was so petrified of giving birth and being in pain but now i just ant to get it over with. I am having a membrane sweep tomorrow which i am not looking forward to and my induction is booked for Thursday. I really dont want to be induced i want to know what its like to go into labour naturally but the pineapple, rasberry leaf and long walks just dont seem to be working.

Is anyone elses baby back to back? Im wondering if this is the reason im late because the baby is not fully engaged she is only 3/5ths and mayb she cant move further down becase of her position.

jo jo, I thought I was going to be induced, I went to the doctor's 2 days over and was only 1cm dilated which I had been at least a week and the head wasn't even engaged, the doctor I could tell thought I would be induced about 1 week and a half later but luckily my waters broke 5 days over at 4 in the morning and Kai was on his way. I have read here about hospitals sending you home if just your waters have broken and nothing else is happening, I asked about it there and they said no way would that happen at this hospital.

I lost all hope with that doctor's appointment and I had a really nice surprise a few days later.

yeah Babsi....thats what we need to hear!!!
I know what you mean Jo Jo, im just ready for it now, not scared.any more, Just think, what ever happens in a week at the latest you will have your gorgeous baby snug in your arms...mmmmmmm lovely thought. good luck to you hun...keep posting, then we can get excited when we dont hear from you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back