Check in thread for late jan / early feb mummies

LOL...It sounds like i could have written your post petchy!
I too was up at 6 am starving hungary, had some cereal, but didnt come on here or id have not gone back to bed! Just got up at 10.00, hungary again LOL. I didnt have curry last night, but i had pineapple, clary sage bath and cuddles!
STILL no sign what so ever :(
I think ill be the last of the early feb mums to deliver!

Hels - thanks for the info re Clary Sage, I bought some in Boots (it's quite expensive isn't it?- do you know when else to use it apart from us trying to bring on labour?) How many drops do you use in your bath?

I've eaten curry throughout my pregnancy but I can't eat really hots ones - is it that they sometimes upset your tummy that they help you go into labour (I realise it's just a tale!) ? Like you both we had it last night as DH is addicted!

+++++++Sending labour inducing vibes to us all +++++++!

Lucy
38 + 4

Just a couple of drops in the bath, but dont forget to put it in with a touch of milk or something or it'll evaporate!
Ive been rubbing it in my belly with some olive oil.
It can be used lke lavender as a de-stressor or relaxation il after the birth, dont you think it stinks tho?
How are you feeling Lucy? any signs? i havent had any, and she isnt even engaged :(
well i think you'll prob win our race, were quite close on due dates hey?

Hels I haven't opened the oil yet, after reading Charlie_chalks reply about it bringing on her labour I was a bit scared to do it just yet (however i'm sure I'll get braver as the week progresses! ) so I guess I wont be using it after if it stinks!!

I'm due 8th (although by scan I'm 40 wks on 7th) and haven't had a single sign yet so no fear I'll def be the last of us due early feb !! On Friday my baby wasn't engaged either and I haven't had any pressure down below etc so I think this one is a long way off coming out :( I'm trying to keep myself really busy with chores round the house and visiting people/shopping etc. which is working at the moment but we'll have to see how long that works!

Sarah/Petchy - any more signs/niggles?

Lucy
38 + 4

we sound quite simlar.. not engaged, no signs due 3 days apart....Ill race you!!!
Ive been using the clary sage for over a week now, and it hasnt sent me off in rushed labour, plus it is great for relaxation.

Hels I haven't opened the oil yet, after reading Charlie_chalks reply about it bringing on her labour I was a bit scared to do it just yet
it won't do anything if your body is not ready to go i think... i've used it daily (in a bath and also massageing it on the bump) since37 weeks and not done anything for me yet. it bloody stinks as well! lol

DUE 2DAY!! and still here, no signs, very disappointed. :cry:

i am still here...

woke up this morning needing the loo and had such immense pressure down there that i waddled my way to the toilet HOLDING my bump up!!! lol i must have been a sight! i think my full bladder must take part of the blame, it eased after i had a wee! i broke the 2-hourly toilet trip pattern that i seem to be able to set my watch to every single night, and slept from 2am to 6.30am, maybe that's why!! the usual routine is bed at 10pm, loo trips at midnight, 2am, 4am, 6am, then get up at about 8.30am after desperately trying to hold it in for an extra 30 mins! lol

i then had some pains which made me hopeful, but it was just trapped wind... :oops:

that ache i've had for a couple of days is still there, but i've not had a show or anything yet.

are all you others still here too???

Petchy

Thats interesting because I keep getting strong pains that get my hopes up but they turn out to be trapped wind as well.

This must be quite common then. We seem to be getting very similar symptoms. I wonder if this means we will be going next.???

Hi everyone,

Im due today, but had no signs whats so ever.

Getting really fed up thou :cry: All i want to do is see my little girl, and welcome her to this world, but i take it, she takes after her Dad, as he can be lazy and laid back, especially when it comes to going out. (He takes longer to get ready, at least 1 1/2 hrs)

Well i'll keep you posted

Take care everyone, good luck with the pg

Jazz

Jazz

You're quite lucky!

My hubbie takes almost two hours to get ready in the morning.

He's up at 6:20 and sometimes he doesn't get into his car until 8:15! What a faffer!

He used to blame it on me going out before him and how he used to scrape the ice off my car, check the cat, check the windows etc, now I am on maternity leave he's still just as slow!

If my little baby takes after him, I am in big trouble!

Ha Jazz, it's funny you say that, as I call my OH a sloth, anymore laid back and he'd be comotozed! I certainly think Little Miss Bump is like her Dad, and would rather stay safe, snug and chilled out in my tummy than come out. I think I am going to have a battle on my hands to get her out... :wink:

We seem to be getting very similar symptoms. I wonder if this means we will be going next???
i certainly hope so! but you've also had a bit of a show haven't you? i reckon you'll go before me! at the moment i feel like i will be pregnant forever...

Oops double posted sorry

Lucy
38 + 5

it won't do anything if your body is not ready to go i think... i've used it daily (in a bath and also massageing it on the bump) since37 weeks and not done anything for me yet. it bloody stinks as well! lol

Ah right, okey dokey I'll start using it in the bath from tomorrow in that case!

The cookie recipe was great Petchy, munching my way through them now!

Rosieroo - 3 cuddles in one day, that is brilliant! I struggle with twice a week (sorry tmi) but this week I'll definately have to make sure we have more!

Lucy
38 + 5

i'm glad you liked the cookies lucy! i might make some today too, but will have to do with walnuts instead of pecans as can't be bothered to go to the shop!

i need to sweep the floors and do some dusting 1st though, it's unbelievable how quicly the dust gathers.... i did a thorough clean on thursday and now it looks just as bad again!!!

just had a long lazy mid-day bath, and spent ages shaving my legs! lol, it's so hard to reach!!! rubbed my bump with clary sage oil too for good measure. let's see if it does anything today..

I still haven't done the clary sage bit yet.

I think it will be next on my list to try!

Getting very fed up now. Never thought I would ever reach this point of wanting to get things over with. I'm there!

Hi Sarah - do you have an overdue plan? Like in the midwife suggesting a sweep (I saw that K has been booked for one this wk) etc?
Hopefully things will start moving now that by the sounds of things you're losing your muscous plug etc.

Petchy - we have laminate floors downstairs and agree they are a nightmare to keep dust free! I was sitting earlier and saw a clump of dust roll past when the door was opened :shock: Think ours is especially bad as we have a shaggy pile rug and it molts too much.

Lucy
38 + 5

lucy, i have a sweep booked on wednesday and I already have my induction booked for just less than two weeks away :shock: . I really hope I don't have to wait that long.

Another two more weeks of anxiety, nervousness, tummy cramps and discharge and feeling disabled doesn't really thrill me. :cry:

Aww Sarah keep your chin up hun it wont be long now and I don't think you'll need your induction as everything you've been getting sounds really positive for the baby to be coming soon

Lucy
38 + 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back