***April 2019 Mamas***

Ah fab, it’s so exciting isn’t it, my pram and car seat set got delivered this week, we are going to open it all up later! What pram did you get? Xx

We went for the Cosatto Wow I the fix take pattern. What about you?

We went for the Cosatto Wow I the fix take pattern. What about you?

Ended up getting the mamas and papas sola2 in rose gold frame with black upholstery, there was so much choice and I just couldn’t decide so just went with that in the end, haven’t even opened the box yet really hope I actually like it! X

I’ve given up with tracking movement and kick counting, it honestly just gave me so so so much anxiety and worry to the point where I was starting to get obsessive and really down, so now I just try and focus on feeling happy every time I feel him move and then just get on with my day. Then when I feel him kick later on, I focus on that being a positive.
Obviously if I didn’t feel him for a whole day I’d go and get him checked out, but I’ve had really quiet days with kicks and some really active days and every scan we’ve been to he’s been perfect (had our 32 week scan today and we got to see his hair!!! He’s also 4lb 11oz) so I’m trying not to get too hung up on it! Xx

I’ve given up with tracking movement and kick counting, it honestly just gave me so so so much anxiety and worry to the point where I was starting to get obsessive and really down, so now I just try and focus on feeling happy every time I feel him move and then just get on with my day. Then when I feel him kick later on, I focus on that being a positive.
Obviously if I didn’t feel him for a whole day I’d go and get him checked out, but I’ve had really quiet days with kicks and some really active days and every scan we’ve been to he’s been perfect (had our 32 week scan today and we got to see his hair!!! He’s also 4lb 11oz) so I’m trying not to get too hung up on it! Xx

I’m so glad you’ve said this jomo I’m getting to the point now where I just need to stop stressing about it, as long as I’m feeling her moving then I’m just going to focus on enjoying that, and I’ve discovered tonight that she responds to me rubbing my belly with a few little wiggles, it’s probably annoying the hell out of her and she’s kicking me as if to say stop interrupting my sleep ha ha but it’s really cute and makes me feel like I’m actually communicating with her!

Omg how amazing that he’s 4lb11 already! Hes doing so well in there, he’s going be a healthy weight then! X

Thanks night owl, how cute that your little girl is responding to you like that! <3 It really is the best thing ever isn’t it, feeling them move about. :D
I’m so pleased he’s big, imagine if I was going full term - he’d be a 10lb baby for sure!! Haha xx

Thanks night owl, how cute that your little girl is responding to you like that! <3 It really is the best thing ever isn’t it, feeling them move about. :D
I’m so pleased he’s big, imagine if I was going full term - he’d be a 10lb baby for sure!! Haha xx

My nephew was 11lb and I'm having nightmares alonv the same line!

I've also noticed that she's reacting to me touching my belly, which feels amazing! It's like we have such a special bond already and she's not even here! It's really hard not to be concerned if you don't feel them moving as much as before as they always say if you have reduced movement get it checked out straight away... I'm just always scared that I could be that 1 woman whose placenta is failing, hence the reduced movement! But every time I've been to PAU she has been fine, they just keep putting it down to her changing position!

Hey everyone. Cant believe we are all on maternity leave countdown. I still have 9 wks at work as working till 38 and a half weeks. I may be nuts!! x

Hey everyone. Cant believe we are all on maternity leave countdown. I still have 9 wks at work as working till 38 and a half weeks. I may be nuts!! x

Yes you definitely are!! I'm off this week then have 4 weeks left and I actually don't know how I'm going to do it! Can't eat anything other than snacks as it's just so uncomfortable. Bought a gym ball a few days ago to sit on when watching TV as can't get comfy on the sofa! I'm just totally fed up now!!

You and me both :shock:

*touch wood* I am still very uncomfortable, so I have definitely got some more in me yet :lol: x

Hey all. Had another scan yesterday as I'm bring monitored for excess fluid. Am slightly raised but still within range do they aren't too worried. I'm going to be scanned every 2 weeks now until birth.
5 weeks left at work at 7 weeks today until evacuation day!
S/he is 5lb 1oz - thank god I'm not pushing!!

Hey everyone! Just checking in I hope your all well? I'm 31 +3 today and I'm defo on the mat leave countdown. My last shift is the 28th February I work 2 days a week so actually only 5 shifts left. I have 2 weeks annual leave then my mat leave starts 18th March. I have a growth scan on Monday again and one at 36 weeks where I will see the consultant and get my section date. I haven't been well full of cold and coughing my guts up. To the point I have pulled a muscle at the top of my bump I'm in agony. Been mega busy here at home making room for baba number 5 and doing bits of decorating etc. I have picked my pram it's the mothercare journey in khaki nice and lightweight and will be great for the school runs as I can click the car seat onto it.
Can't believe how near it is for us all! Anyone started hospital bags? I got caught out with number 4 as I was admitted at 37 weeks and never packed them... Oops! Just bought a lovely lightweight dressing gown from matalan this morning so I have made a start xxx

H
Hey all. Had another scan yesterday as I'm bring monitored for excess fluid. Am slightly raised but still within range do they aren't too worried. I'm going to be scanned every 2 weeks now until birth.
5 weeks left at work at 7 weeks today until evacuation day!
S/he is 5lb 1oz - thank god I'm not pushing!!
Aha baba is a good weight already hey?! Glad they are keeping a close eye xxx

I have made a start on my bag, slippers nightie and maternity pads!!
Pj bottoms, new knickers, going home outfit for the bab and some food and squash currently on my list!

I’ve packed baby’s bag, but not mine! Although I have washed all of his clothes and organised them into drawers according to the clothes size... so I’m taking that as a little victory!
Loving being on mat leave, I don’t know how much longer I could have carried on!
Only 31 days til my induction.... it’s coming so fast!! Xx

I have made a start on my bag, slippers nightie and maternity pads!!
Pj bottoms, new knickers, going home outfit for the bab and some food and squash currently on my list!
I have bought a pack of pads too you have just reminded me will have to dig them out! What food you putting in? I have never had a planned section before I was induced with all my 4 and to be honest I was never that organised to pack food haha. Just sent hubby to the hospital shop! Xxx

I’ve packed baby’s bag, but not mine! Although I have washed all of his clothes and organised them into drawers according to the clothes size... so I’m taking that as a little victory!
Loving being on mat leave, I don’t know how much longer I could have carried on!
Only 31 days til my induction.... it’s coming so fast!! Xx
Sounds like your getting super organised! I have never ever washed any baby clothes so don't think I am going to start now. I know everyone does I just never have like clothes being 'new'. I'm starting to feel like how much longer can I carry on so glad finish line is in sight. 31 days is nothing hey?! Xxx

I have bought a pack of pads too you have just reminded me will have to dig them out! What food you putting in? I have never had a planned section before I was induced with all my 4 and to be honest I was never that organised to pack food haha. Just sent hubby to the hospital shop! Xxx

Omg last time I put flapjacks, banana chips, choc covered raisins, dried apricots etc in and then just as I asked to be passed something they told me I was nil by mouth!! I was furious
Fast forward post birth and I got the OK to eat from a passing person (assumed it was a Dr but could have been anyone!) and when a midwife caught me mid flapjack she told me off. I shoved it all in before it could be confiscated!

Started getting prepped for little mans bag and mine partly, so have got ready:

- short sleeved baby grows
- long sleeved baby grows
- 2 muslins
- lanolin
- handful of nappies
- 2 pairs of socks
- Blanket - hopefully someone will buy me one at my baby shower :lol:
- Hat - as above :lol: as i am not letting my son leave the hospital in a Newcastle football hat - hell no lol
- Disposable underwear
- Pairs of knickers
- Maternity pads - wow they are huge :shock:
- 2 maternity bras
- Carton of sma milk, although i hope i NEVER have to open it
- 2 nighties
- Going home outfit
- Dressing gown
- flip flops
- bathroom bits, shower gel etc
- Charger
- Snacks

I have managed to do myself a checklist for both of us, so feeling pretty organised and totally ready for this, she says :lol: xx

Please let me know if i have missed off anything important, which i probably have x

Omg last time I put flapjacks, banana chips, choc covered raisins, dried apricots etc in and then just as I asked to be passed something they told me I was nil by mouth!! I was furious
Fast forward post birth and I got the OK to eat from a passing person (assumed it was a Dr but could have been anyone!) and when a midwife caught me mid flapjack she told me off. I shoved it all in before it could be confiscated!

Mental note taken ;-) be a bit secretive with food :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back