***April 2019 Mamas***

Hey everyone. Cant believe we are all on maternity leave countdown. I still have 9 wks at work as working till 38 and a half weeks. I may be nuts!! x

I’m working until 38 weeks, at least it means longer off with the baby afterwards! But yeah its all going so fast now, I’m excited but also very scared!

Sounds like your getting super organised! I have never ever washed any baby clothes so don't think I am going to start now. I know everyone does I just never have like clothes being 'new'. I'm starting to feel like how much longer can I carry on so glad finish line is in sight. 31 days is nothing hey?! Xxx

I’m glad you’ve said your not washing your new baby clothes MM :rotfl:I had no intention of washing the new clothes I have for mine either, they are all in wrappers and packaging so I don’t really see the need? And I like them feeling ‘new’

I think we are all just on countdown to mat leave now :D xx

I’m glad you’ve said your not washing your new baby clothes MM :rotfl:I had no intention of washing the new clothes I have for mine either, they are all in wrappers and packaging so I don’t really see the need? And I like them feeling ‘new’

I think we are all just on countdown to mat leave now :D xx

I used to be like this also, but i now wash all my own new things after hearing the scary amount of bacteria that is actually on new clothes :shock: so its a given i would do it for the little mans clothes, and some new stuff smells horrible :lol: but its each to their own :)

I used to be like this also, but i now wash all my own new things after hearing the scary amount of bacteria that is actually on new clothes :shock: so its a given i would do it for the little mans clothes, and some new stuff smells horrible :lol: but its each to their own :)

Oh wow I didn’t realise they can have a lot of bacteria on them! I will probably give them a wash then! X

Had my 31 week midwife appointment the other day, bump measurement is exactly on the 50th percentile line which is reassuring, had the issue with my urine testing positive for blood again but it happened last time and got my urine tested and it was all fine, no infection, so not too worried. Blood pressure and baby’s heartbeat was all good.

Ok...so stretch marks.... I don’t normally get stretch marks, only on my boobs as I’m quite big-boobed and weight goes straight to my chest, and when I do get them they start very pale, barely noticeable then almost immediately fade to silver/white, but I got the shock of my life this morning when I got out the shower, literally overnight I have developed huge, livid purple stretch marks below my belly button, not gonna get upset about it as I realise what an absolute privilege it is to be carrying this baby <3 but have any other ladies had really bad ones before and did they fade to silver eventually? Xx

Had my 31 week midwife appointment on Tuesday which ended up in another growth scan. Baby measuring on 90th centile so I have to go for glucose test tomorrow morning and then see s consultant in a couple of weeks.
Hospital bag pretty much sorted too. 4 weeks left at work... I'm on total count down!!!

Had my 31 week midwife appointment the other day, bump measurement is exactly on the 50th percentile line which is reassuring, had the issue with my urine testing positive for blood again but it happened last time and got my urine tested and it was all fine, no infection, so not too worried. Blood pressure and baby’s heartbeat was all good.

Ok...so stretch marks.... I don’t normally get stretch marks, only on my boobs as I’m quite big-boobed and weight goes straight to my chest, and when I do get them they start very pale, barely noticeable then almost immediately fade to silver/white, but I got the shock of my life this morning when I got out the shower, literally overnight I have developed huge, livid purple stretch marks below my belly button, not gonna get upset about it as I realise what an absolute privilege it is to be carrying this baby <3 but have any other ladies had really bad ones before and did they fade to silver eventually? Xx

Have you been using anything? i think regardless of what we use, our bodies will do what the hell they like and we just have to 'embrace' it and help repair the 'damage' after :lol:

*touch wood* i havent noticed any stretch marks yet, but i know if i do, i will tell myself its really ok xx

I had purple stretch marks with some of my pregnancies and they faded night owl they are silver now. And they haven't turned purple this time round... Yet! Oh I really have no intention of washing baby clothes I have enough washing with my 4 kids already I like new clothes. There's bacteria with everything nothing like building up immune systems. I have 4 shifts left in work I can't wait now. Bought few more bits for hospital bag mainly toiletries and sanitary towels. Can't find pj's I like xxx

I had purple stretch marks with some of my pregnancies and they faded night owl they are silver now. And they haven't turned purple this time round... Yet! Oh I really have no intention of washing baby clothes I have enough washing with my 4 kids already I like new clothes. There's bacteria with everything nothing like building up immune systems. I have 4 shifts left in work I can't wait now. Bought few more bits for hospital bag mainly toiletries and sanitary towels. Can't find pj's I like xxx

TBF if i was on my 5th child i certainly wouldn't be washing baby clothes :lol: x

Have you been using anything? i think regardless of what we use, our bodies will do what the hell they like and we just have to 'embrace' it and help repair the 'damage' after :lol:

*touch wood* i havent noticed any stretch marks yet, but i know if i do, i will tell myself its really ok xx

I have been putting palmers stretch mark cream on but I was a bit lax with it cos of the cold weather, I like just getting straight into my pajamas when I get out the bath instead of faffing around in the cold putting creams on! But I don’t think any creams are really gonna help that much anyway, gonna get some bio oil this weekend, should have just done that a long time ago! Xx

Oh that’s good to know MM, hopefully mine will just go silver then, you are so right about washing the baby clothes :rotfl: there is actually bacteria everywhere lol we can’t prevent them from being exposed to any germs at all, and yeah with 4 kids to wash clothes for I don’t blame you for not creating more work for yourself!

I’m going to start my hospital bag and the baby’s bag this weekend, need to find a nightie to give birth in ha ha and some suitable pajamas for the hospital afterwards xx

Haven’t found any stretch marks so far, I put bio oil on about once a week which I’m pretty sure doesn’t really help much. :p I have however got a nice big bruise on my side from a hard baby kick! Xx

Hey mamma's!! I had my 32 week growth scan today, now I'm not one to usually worry but they want to see me again in 2 weeks rather than again at 36 weeks as his growth has slowed down. This is quite unusual for me all my babies have been fairly big and measuring up towards the 90th centile. This little one is on 24th centile. When she was measuring him he was on a whole measuring around 30 week's. Not entirely sure what this could even mean at this point but it has bothered me a little bit. I mentioned about not being happy with movements the other week and that I had rang triage. I had told them at the time he had 'moved' but the movements had changed and slowed down. So the midwife today told me that if it happens again to make sure I tell them the history with the growth slowing down and I will need to go in to be checked. Hopefully it's nothing and in 2 weeks he's caught up xxx

Hey mamma's!! I had my 32 week growth scan today, now I'm not one to usually worry but they want to see me again in 2 weeks rather than again at 36 weeks as his growth has slowed down. This is quite unusual for me all my babies have been fairly big and measuring up towards the 90th centile. This little one is on 24th centile. When she was measuring him he was on a whole measuring around 30 week's. Not entirely sure what this could even mean at this point but it has bothered me a little bit. I mentioned about not being happy with movements the other week and that I had rang triage. I had told them at the time he had 'moved' but the movements had changed and slowed down. So the midwife today told me that if it happens again to make sure I tell them the history with the growth slowing down and I will need to go in to be checked. Hopefully it's nothing and in 2 weeks he's caught up xxx

Aw hun I bet he is just fine in there, these growth scans are notoriously unreliable, and you are gonna get healthy babies born on the 1st centile and ones on the 99th centile, I’ve heard of a lot of babies measuring small then just catching up in the last few weeks, and some measuring small but coming out massive! These measurements at this stage really aren’t that reliable at all, at least they are seeing you again in 2 weeks so hopefully he shows steady growth which will put your mind at rest, I think steady growth is the most important thing rather then the centile they are on xxx

Aw hun I bet he is just fine in there, these growth scans are notoriously unreliable, and you are gonna get healthy babies born on the 1st centile and ones on the 99th centile, I’ve heard of a lot of babies measuring small then just catching up in the last few weeks, and some measuring small but coming out massive! These measurements at this stage really aren’t that reliable at all, at least they are seeing you again in 2 weeks so hopefully he shows steady growth which will put your mind at rest, I think steady growth is the most important thing rather then the centile they are on xxx
Thanks night owl, to be honest I'm not one to worry and I would say it caught my attention more than anything. I'm a nurse too so I sat and scrutinised all the stats on the report in my notes. Sometimes the more of an insight you have you just over analyse thing's. And your right they are only a guide, at least I'm being seen in 2 weeks time and I won't hesitate to contact them again if I'm worried about movements (thankfully he doesn't stop at the minute)xxx

I've been referred for a growth scan. Completely panicked me though because my midwife didn't mention it, I just had a voicemail on my phone saying I was booked in at the hospital! I only measured 32cm at 31 weeks and the midwife didn't seem bothered in the slightest!

I've been referred for a growth scan. Completely panicked me though because my midwife didn't mention it, I just had a voicemail on my phone saying I was booked in at the hospital! I only measured 32cm at 31 weeks and the midwife didn't seem bothered in the slightest!

I only measured 30cm at 31 weeks, midwife said growth seemed fine, hasn’t referred me for a growth scan! I won’t be too surprised if I get referred for one next time though, but don’t see her again until 34 weeks anyway, I think my bump size depends on the position the baby is in as I feel like it changes all the time x

I'm sure the last time they measured my bump I was measuring spot on. It just so happens with having growth scans anyway for the blood thinking injections that they have picked up my issue. Baby still been super active so that's reasurring. I have had a crappy day with hormones and tiredness... Feel like I have been a dragon with the kids. It doesn't take much to rub me up the wrong way at the minute. Is anyone else feeling the same xxx

I feel like i am being neglected by what information my midwife actually shares with me :shock: the gp measured me first, then the midwife on the next appt. and she just mumbles something to herself and thats that. I literally have no clue on numbers etc. I take it as a good thing, as if it was a concern she obviously would have told me, but at the same time, it would be nice to hear the words 'hes growing just as he should be' :roll:

Got my next midwife appointment next Tuesday, so i will dam well tell her to tell me the figures - they wont mean much, but i want to hear them so i know :lol:

Think we will discuss my birthing plan as well, which to me is, 'turn up at which ever hospital i am closest to and push him out' :lol: because of our house move, i think i will be giving birth in a different hospital, and actually its a nicer one :dance: so need to visit there asap. In the mean time we actually need to move.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back