***April 2019 Mamas***

I feel like i am being neglected by what information my midwife actually shares with me :shock: the gp measured me first, then the midwife on the next appt. and she just mumbles something to herself and thats that. I literally have no clue on numbers etc. I take it as a good thing, as if it was a concern she obviously would have told me, but at the same time, it would be nice to hear the words 'hes growing just as he should be' :roll:

Got my next midwife appointment next Tuesday, so i will dam well tell her to tell me the figures - they wont mean much, but i want to hear them so i know :lol:

Think we will discuss my birthing plan as well, which to me is, 'turn up at which ever hospital i am closest to and push him out' :lol: because of our house move, i think i will be giving birth in a different hospital, and actually its a nicer one :dance: so need to visit there asap. In the mean time we actually need to move.x

Do you have a folder with your notes in as I think they should record the measurement in your notes, I’ve got a growth chart in my notes which she writes the measurements in

I’ve been booked on to 3 antenatal classes but don’t know what will be covered in them or if it’s compulsary that my OH comes too, I don’t think he’s up for the idea really I think he perceives it as being stuck in a room with loads of women all practicing deep breathing, defo not his thing! Not sure whether I can just go without him

Has anyone’s midwife been mentioning pelvic floor exercises? Mine hasn’t mentioned it once,I haven’t been doing it, I am meant to be doing it?! Xxx

Do you have a folder with your notes in as I think they should record the measurement in your notes, I’ve got a growth chart in my notes which she writes the measurements in

I’ve been booked on to 3 antenatal classes but don’t know what will be covered in them or if it’s compulsary that my OH comes too, I don’t think he’s up for the idea really I think he perceives it as being stuck in a room with loads of women all practicing deep breathing, defo not his thing! Not sure whether I can just go without him

Has anyone’s midwife been mentioning pelvic floor exercises? Mine hasn’t mentioned it once,I haven’t been doing it, I am meant to be doing it?! Xxx

Ahhhh i should really look at my folder a bit more :lol: it kinda just lives in the car, comes out at appointments and then stays in the car again, until the next appointment.

To my utter suprise my oh has been all for any classes that have been available, i think he even wants to do a dads workshop :shock: I did the breastfeeding one and i am so glad he came with me. I think they do benefit and learn stuff and its just nice to have that support. There were a few men on the bf course, so my oh didnt feel out of place completely :lol:

My midwife mentioned it on my first appt and i have no way stuck to doing it! not good! i think my pilates and gym work outs do work it, but probably not as much as it should be :lol: x

Yeah my partner has been coming to the anti natal classes and I'm so glad. Most people there were in couples too. I think they definitely benefit from going.
Also definitely check your notes, you will find any info in there. My chart is on a yellow piece of paper and is very clearly marked what she measured my bump to be at what date. So will also be writing in what she is discussing with you so you can read that too!
Got my consultant appointment on Monday (il be 33 weeks) to discuss baby being too big. She's measured above 90th centile on 2 growth scans. Haven't got a clue what to expect from the consultant appointment! Anyone have any ideas?

The longest I have been in any consultant appointment is 5 minutes. Last week I left the office at 2.30 for an apt at 3.55 and walked through my door at 6.50

Yeah my partner has been coming to the anti natal classes and I'm so glad. Most people there were in couples too. I think they definitely benefit from going.
Also definitely check your notes, you will find any info in there. My chart is on a yellow piece of paper and is very clearly marked what she measured my bump to be at what date. So will also be writing in what she is discussing with you so you can read that too!
Got my consultant appointment on Monday (il be 33 weeks) to discuss baby being too big. She's measured above 90th centile on 2 growth scans. Haven't got a clue what to expect from the consultant appointment! Anyone have any ideas?

My OH has come to all of the anti natal classes, and pretty much everyone else brought their partners too :) I think it was a fun learning experience. :)
On my last 2 growth scans I’ve been above the 90th percentile as well - but all they’ve said it ‘hes growing well!’ - I haven’t been asked to see a consultant about him being too big. I wonder why they do things differently in different places...

Maybe they’ll discuss inducing early if he’s really big? I’m getting induced already so maybe that’s why they haven’t said anything to me about him being on above the 90th centile Xx

Has anyone else started having any signs of early labour yet?! From the middle of last week Ive been getting very strong tightenings (like braxton Hicks with no pains) then on Friday night I started getting period cramps to go with them. Rung hospital and they asked me to go in. They checked my cervix and it was closed so they said I'm not in active labour. Still getting the tightenings and the pains. Still got 7 weeks till due date so I'm hoping it's not guna be like this for weeks on end! Still got 3 weeks left at work!! I'm just soooo ready to have this bloody baby!!!!

God no thankfully no signs of labour I do get period type cramps of a night time thought, throughout the night, they are a bit uncomfortable, don’t think I’ve had any braxton hicks yet, my friend was getting braxton hicks from 33 weeks all the time, she didn’t go into labour early ( she got induced at 38 weeks but that was for pre eclampsia) I wouldn’t worry too much it sounds like your body will know what’s its doing for the main even anyway so maybe yours will Definitely be here by 40 weeks! Xx

I haven’t had any braxton hicks contractions yet and I’m 35 weeks on Tuesday.. I feel like I should have had some by now!

Has anyone fitted an isofix base to their car yet? We’ve just done ours today (which was a nightmare as we’ve got a tiny car!! A VW Lupo) and the instructions don’t mention having to put a seat belt on as well but some things I’ve read online say to put the seat belt on too and others say you don’t need a seat belt? Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts were regarding isofix bases with/ without a seatbelt xx

We don't have the seat belt round our isofix no.

Has anyone fitted an isofix base to their car yet? We’ve just done ours today (which was a nightmare as we’ve got a tiny car!! A VW Lupo) and the instructions don’t mention having to put a seat belt on as well but some things I’ve read online say to put the seat belt on too and others say you don’t need a seat belt? Just wondering what everyone’s thoughts were regarding isofix bases with/ without a seatbelt xx

We haven’t fitted ours yet, I hope it doesn’t involve the seatbelt though as I got it so I didn’t have to mess around with the seatbelt! X

We haven't done ours yet, but plan to in a few weeks, when we finally get a moving date :roll:

A maxi cosi rep showed us how to do ours, but it was a while ago now, so i am hoping the OH remembers how it goes, which i dont doubt, hes been brilliant with all those bits,I have been useless :lol: If i remember correctly we did have to strap a seat belt round it, i think :shock: xx

EMBARRASSING POST ALERT!!!!!!

Has anyone got any advice for hemorrhoids?!?! I'm in absolute agony. I've had to tell my manager today that I can't come into work for the foreseeable until they go!! However I've read online 2night that they won't go until after I've given birth. I literally feel like bursting into tears at the thought of giving birth now... I'm soooo scared!!!

Has anyone got any advice for hemorrhoids?!?! I'm in absolute agony. I've had to tell my manager today that I can't come into work for the foreseeable until they go!! However I've read online 2night that they won't go until after I've given birth. I literally feel like bursting into tears at the thought of giving birth now... I'm soooo scared!!!

Aw no what a nightmare, I don’t think I’ve got any just yet but I wouldn’t be surprised if I get them, I seem to have developed every other undesirable symptom of pregnancy, this may be something you don’t want to share but how did you come to know you had them? Can you put something on them like creams or compresses or anything? Is it worth asking the doctor or midwife? Try not to worry too much about giving birth with them it’s a well known pregnancy symptom so presumably millions of women do it, maybe share your concerns with your mw at next appointment xx

I noticed them (well it's actually just 1 huge 1 I think!) when I was in the shower washing myself. It felt a bit tender and then I realised why!!! Ive been and got some cream which I've been using since Monday and if anything it's getting bigger and the cream is meant to reduce the swelling! I've got a callback booked from my GP tomorrow and then my 34 week midwife appointment on tuesday so hopefully at least 1 of those can give me some more advice! I've been going in the bath everyday and just lying there for about 2 hours as it's the only time I get any relief... Think that's made my mind up about opting for a water birth!! I've spoke to my partner about it and he's happy for me to start my maternity leave early if I'm in that much pain at work! Just can't believe this is happening. All my plans for what I was going to do on maternity leave are now out of the window, I'm just gutted and feel really disappointed in myself! I don't know why I just feel like my body has totally let me down. That sounds so dramatic doesn't it?! Haha

Aw no what a nightmare, I don’t think I’ve got any just yet but I wouldn’t be surprised if I get them, I seem to have developed every other undesirable symptom of pregnancy, this may be something you don’t want to share but how did you come to know you had them? Can you put something on them like creams or compresses or anything? Is it worth asking the doctor or midwife? Try not to worry too much about giving birth with them it’s a well known pregnancy symptom so presumably millions of women do it, maybe share your concerns with your mw at next appointment xx

Pregnancy insomnia!!! Anyone struggling to sleep? Well actually I don't struggle to fall asleep I just wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. I have been tossing and turning since 3.30!!!
On a more positive note... I finished work yesterday! I have my growth scan on Tuesday so hoping to know more of what's going on with baba! Xxx

Pregnancy insomnia!!! Anyone struggling to sleep? Well actually I don't struggle to fall asleep I just wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. I have been tossing and turning since 3.30!!!
On a more positive note... I finished work yesterday! I have my growth scan on Tuesday so hoping to know more of what's going on with baba! Xxx

Last week i found myself waking up and feeling very awake at silly o clock in the morning :roll: then after a bit of tossing and turning, i would eventually go off back to sleep.

Hasnt happened this week though, *touch wood* x

Has anyone started to notice their hands and ankles swelling up? I noticed mine on saturday, not masses, but i my foot ligaments arent as obvious :lol: x

Hey @Rainingflowers
Just thread hopping here but wanted to let you know that my SIL had these really bad about 3 weeks before she gave birth. She put cream on them a number of times a day and they did disappear before she went into labour. Fingers crossed this is the same for you <3 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back