***April 2019 Mamas***

I got a letter through the post just before turning 30 weeks, though I think it can be a bit before or a bit later. Xx

Ahhhh ok, so is this what every new mum gets then? doesn't vary on location like most things pregnancy related seem to?x

I didn't have a pre birth HV first time round so not expecting it this time round. Had a rubbish HV last time who had no personable skills at all so I have been put off them all for life!!

I didn't really have any questions for the health visitor to be honest, but she kept asking me if I could think of anything. So if yours are like mine I would just get your list out and I'm sure she will be happy to oblige! I don't see her again until baby is born. Had my growth scan today and baby is currently measuring 3lb (I'm 28+2) so rather large. She plotted it on my chart and it was bang on the top line. So if she keeps going like this I'm looking at a 9-10lb baby!!! This has scared me slightly haha

Also... Got a suprise off my friends last night... They've booked us a 4D scan for Saturday!!! I'm so excited!!!

Yeah IVW everyone who has a child under the age of 5 gets a named health visitor so I think it’s standard practice. :) It must be a new regulation for them to come around before birth as most people I’ve talked to have said they didn’t get their health visitor until after the birth, but as you say it could be due to location as some people say they have been visited and some not. So I’m not sure, either way I’ll be glad to ask her a bunch of questions I’ve been storing up! Xx

All good at my scan today! 28+4 today and measuring perfect I was bang on 50th centile. All of mine have been big but this one seems to be just right at the minute I think she said baby weighs approx 2lb 13oz at the minute.
Night owl I am loving the empty feeling I have gone a bit Mrs hinch crazy and buying zoflora etc think I'm driving my hubby crazy haha xxx

Yeah IVW everyone who has a child under the age of 5 gets a named health visitor so I think it’s standard practice. :) It must be a new regulation for them to come around before birth as most people I’ve talked to have said they didn’t get their health visitor until after the birth, but as you say it could be due to location as some people say they have been visited and some not. So I’m not sure, either way I’ll be glad to ask her a bunch of questions I’ve been storing up! Xx

Yep, turns out its quite a new thing. My sister had one, but she thought it was because they looked at her past medical records, so was of a concern, whereas i wouldn't be, but turns out they arent judging people, which i think is a good idea.

So do i expect a letter to turn up then? Just want to be prepared.x

It sounds like your midwifes are a bit more informative than mine :shock: but i dont really know what she should / could be telling me.....

She just measures, listens to heartbeat, sort of acknowledges it and then updates my notes and that it - so i assume from that, hes growing ok and is where he should be at this stage, but she doesnt confirm. So i am none the wiser as to this centile thing or any potential weight he is at now - should i really push for this info next time? Its all so bl**dy lapse, which is starting to p*ss me off x

It sounds like your midwifes are a bit more informative than mine :shock: but i dont really know what she should / could be telling me.....

She just measures, listens to heartbeat, sort of acknowledges it and then updates my notes and that it - so i assume from that, hes growing ok and is where he should be at this stage, but she doesnt confirm. So i am none the wiser as to this centile thing or any potential weight he is at now - should i really push for this info next time? Its all so bl**dy lapse, which is starting to p*ss me off x

That’s exactly what mines been like IVW, I mean she didn’t even bother to take my bloods the other day! And I seen in my notes as well that she keeps writing I am happy and well etc but she hasn’t actually asked me that, she’s just ticking the box without checking, how does she know I’m not on the verge of a mental breakdown lol

All good at my scan today! 28+4 today and measuring perfect I was bang on 50th centile. All of mine have been big but this one seems to be just right at the minute I think she said baby weighs approx 2lb 13oz at the minute.
Night owl I am loving the empty feeling I have gone a bit Mrs hinch crazy and buying zoflora etc think I'm driving my hubby crazy haha xxx

Oh I’ve been totally inspired by mrs hinch lately - she makes cleaning the house look so easy instead of a chore :rotfl: been watching something on Netflix too by Marie Kondo about tidying and decluttering, that’s what inspired me to throw all of our worldly possessions away ha ha

Glad your growth scan went well that’s fab news, do you reckon you’ll go full term? Did you with your last ones? Xx

That’s exactly what mines been like IVW, I mean she didn’t even bother to take my bloods the other day! And I seen in my notes as well that she keeps writing I am happy and well etc but she hasn’t actually asked me that, she’s just ticking the box without checking, how does she know I’m not on the verge of a mental breakdown lol

OMG thats really bad!! My Midwife does at least ask that. I am really surprised how bad some care is. Yes they are stretched beyond belief, but why does that stop you from doing your job properly? it shouldn't! and compassion should just come naturally! gives Midwidfes a bad name, which is such a shame.x

Anyone in this thread wants to join my WhatsApp group chat I've made? (Anyone can join, whatever your DD is) if so please private message me your mobile number. (Must have WhatsApp) x

IVW dont be worrying they have only gave estimated weight and plotted on the centile chart off the growth scan I had. They probably will be measuring you and plotting you at your next appts if they haven't already started. I'm high risk with my clotting disorder hence extra scans etc. So try and relax it's a good thing that everything is running smoothly.
Night owl I am loving the zoflora stocked up in B&M will have to Google the decluttering one I need all the help I can get ha. I have to be booked in for a planned section this time. I was admitted at 37 weeks with number 4 he was in an unstable lie so they were worried if I went into labour the cord would come first. I was induced but he was still not fully head down and was wedged in my pelvis I couldn't progress past 5/6cm. This was after 3 normal vaginal births. I ended up having an emergency section he was born 37 weeks 3 days but I haemorrhaged. They said my womb was over stimulated and wouldnt contract back I lost 2 and half litres of blood and had 2 blood transfusions. So the plan is if this one behaves after my 36 week scan they will book section for 38/39 weeks. However my consultant said with it being number 5 there's a high chance this one could also present in an unstable lie. We will see xxx

That's so cute!! We had one a few weeks ago, looks just like my daughter and has my strong nose

9 weeks and 2 days to go for me

ahhhh amazing <3 Ive got mine on Friday and cannot wait :love:

Is anyone feeling a bit nauseous? Low and behold nausea can come back in the third trimester :roll: Its nothing like the first trimester, but just noticed this week its back, eughhhh!

Is anyone feeling a bit nauseous? Low and behold nausea can come back in the third trimester :roll: Its nothing like the first trimester, but just noticed this week its back, eughhhh!
No I haven't to be honest but had an increase in appetite!!! Can't get enough!! Feeling super tired at the minute I can't wait to finish work now. My last day is 28th Feb xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back