***April 2019 Mamas***

Aw congratulations Pink!! Fingers crossed for a sticky bean <3
Ruby I’m glad the doc isn’t worried, and extra opportunities to see your little baba too!! :D Wow that’s a great size, my little boy was measuring at 2lb 15oz at 28 weeks and I thought that was huge!! Haha!
I’m going to start packing my bag at about 31/32 weeks, I’m getting induced on the 16th of March so I know exactly when I’ll need my bag for, but I’m just being cautious incase early labour occurs! It’s only 58 days til I meet my boy, and only 19 days until I start maternity leave! Wahoo!
I hope we all stay comfy during tri 3, wishing everyone the very best. :D xx

Oh god, this is going to be a big baby isn't it?! My GD test was clear, so I'm not sure what will happen if its clear again! DD was 9lb 2oz born!

Hi everyone... Can't believe I have made it to tri3! It all seems so surreal! Everyone I've spoken to says I should start preparing my hospital bag now, just incase. I've heard loads of stories recently of people going into early labour pre 30weeks! Nursery is nearly sorted so once that's done I'm going to start hospital bag in February I think, just incase!

Just got my appointment for the health visitor through the post, she’s coming on the 7th of Feb when I’ll be just over 32 weeks. Makes it seem even more real!! Can’t wait to ask her the hundreds of questions I’ve got prepared haha. I’m 30 weeks today, only 7 weeks and 6 days til I meet my little boy!! :D Hope everyone is well and keeping comfortable! Xx

My health visitor came today. They r pretty much just checking your a normal person and don't need to get social services involved. She didn't even look round the house which I thought they would at least want to check babies room! Also had 28 week midwife appointment today and my belly measured 31cm so they've booked me in for a growth scan tomorrow to check size/weight of baby. I honestly don't think it's baby, I've put on 1.5 stones already and it's all gone on my belly, so I'm just putting it down to that! But we will see, will let you all know how it goes!

Oh I hadn't even thought about the visit, my house is currently a bombsite! I've got my 28 week appointment in the morning and I think she'll say I'm big too!

Oh I hadn't even thought about the visit, my house is currently a bombsite! I've got my 28 week appointment in the morning and I think she'll say I'm big too!

My house is a mess at the moment too! Got a big leak in the roof upstairs and desperately need a new kitchen, I’ll be mortified about anyone I don’t know seeing it, ha ha, suppose the only thing I can do is make sure it’s clean and tidy! I didn’t even know we got a health visitor visit before the baby was born I thought it was well afterwards! X

My house is a mess at the moment too! Got a big leak in the roof upstairs and desperately need a new kitchen, I’ll be mortified about anyone I don’t know seeing it, ha ha, suppose the only thing I can do is make sure it’s clean and tidy! I didn’t even know we got a health visitor visit before the baby was born I thought it was well afterwards! X

Hope you've got a big bucket :rotfl:

We decided that we are moving into the back room, so completely gutted it. Everything from there is all over the rest of the house. Started it in October and then hubby got ill and I've had a mental time at work, as well as the pregnant exhaustion, so it's still not finished!

Hey girls!
Sounds like everyone is busy busy now we are in third trimester. I have gone crazy sorting my house out, moving rooms around, bits of decorating, binning things and general decluttering haha! I'm just desperately trying to find some space to put a 5th baby! My GTT was also clear too I am just fat and not diabetic ha! Although at my 28 week appt I was measuring bang on the 50thcentile. I do have a growth scan in the morning but that's just with my history. Looking forward to seeing babies squishy face! My HB was low on 28 week bloods so started on iron tablets but feeling OK. Started stocking up on nappies, wipes, milk starter packs etc it's really feeling real now. They didn't do home visits before birth with my first 3 and I refused it for number 4. Nobody has even mentioned it to me this time haha! Xxx

Night owl hope your leak is surviving this awful weather tonight it's bad up here isn't it! Xxx

Hey guys. Hope you’re all well. I’ve been really lucky and keeping really well but feeling a bit disheartened with my midwife. She literally throws me in and out, never asks a single question just talks at me and I feel like she’s just a bit lazy. I had my 28 Week app today and she measured me and out loud said ‘31’ then wrote I my book 30 as obviously 31 would be outside perameters and require a scan. I’m not unduly worried as I feel like where she measured me felt very high up but again that just points towards her not really doing her job properly. Just a bit frustrated! I do have clients through work who are midwives and have rolled their eyes when I told them who I have. They said she won’t be at the birth as she only does community due to her ‘restrictions’ (she’s old and rather on the larger side/gets out of breath moving around), feel like she’s killing time til she retires but it kind of unsettled me! My husband says I should grow a pair and call her out on the discrepancy but I didn’t really know what to say!!

Hey guys. Hope you’re all well. I’ve been really lucky and keeping really well but feeling a bit disheartened with my midwife. She literally throws me in and out, never asks a single question just talks at me and I feel like she’s just a bit lazy. I had my 28 Week app today and she measured me and out loud said ‘31’ then wrote I my book 30 as obviously 31 would be outside perameters and require a scan. I’m not unduly worried as I feel like where she measured me felt very high up but again that just points towards her not really doing her job properly. Just a bit frustrated! I do have clients through work who are midwives and have rolled their eyes when I told them who I have. They said she won’t be at the birth as she only does community due to her ‘restrictions’ (she’s old and rather on the larger side/gets out of breath moving around), feel like she’s killing time til she retires but it kind of unsettled me! My husband says I should grow a pair and call her out on the discrepancy but I didn’t really know what to say!!
Can you ask to change midwives? She sounds very lazy it's hardly going to pit your mind at ease xxx

I’ve got a massive list of things I need to do before baby comes, every time I check something off the list, something else gets added on!! But I’m going on maternity leave in 2 weeks, so that should give me plenty of time to get everything I need done. My nursery is currently an... organised mess haha. Did you get a chance to have a good chat with the health visitor rainingflowers? I’ve got loads of questions I want to ask before the baby comes! But might save it for my next midwife appointment if she’s just going to be in and out. Sorry you’re having a bad time with your midwife Haylz, maybe phone up and ask if you can change? Xx

That’s really crap and you’ve been unlucky there to get a midwife who probably isn’t as good as the others, she shouldn’t be recording incorrect information either, it’s hardly going to put your mind at rest and make you feel properly looked after! You wouldn’t be doing anything wrong or unfair by asking to change

Yesterday at my 28 week appointment my midwife didn’t even take my blood - said because the blood courier had already been and gone for the day, my blood would just be sat there overnight which she doesn’t like doing, so I’ve gotta go to another clinic miles away on Friday morning, rearrange my work diary at short notice and everything, been having signs of low iron aswell so really just wanted the bloods doing yesterday, was annoyed but don’t know if I’m being unreasonable with my pregnancy moods ha ha xx

Hey girls!
Sounds like everyone is busy busy now we are in third trimester. I have gone crazy sorting my house out, moving rooms around, bits of decorating, binning things and general decluttering haha! I'm just desperately trying to find some space to put a 5th baby! My GTT was also clear too I am just fat and not diabetic ha! Although at my 28 week appt I was measuring bang on the 50thcentile. I do have a growth scan in the morning but that's just with my history. Looking forward to seeing babies squishy face! My HB was low on 28 week bloods so started on iron tablets but feeling OK. Started stocking up on nappies, wipes, milk starter packs etc it's really feeling real now. They didn't do home visits before birth with my first 3 and I refused it for number 4. Nobody has even mentioned it to me this time haha! Xxx

I’ve been doing soooo much decluttering I’ve basically thrown everything out of my house ha ha! The place is empty now and it feels so much better, it’s amazing how much stuff we end up with that we don’t need, glad your gd test come back normal, and amazing that you’ve got another scan, so tempted to just book a 4d scan just dying to see baby again! Good luck at your scan xx

Oh lord, i didnt know about this health visitor visit? when do you find out about this?

My flat is always clean and tidy, so i know i dont have to worry about a random visit :lol:

I got a letter through the post just before turning 30 weeks, though I think it can be a bit before or a bit later. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back