***April 2019 Mamas***

If you aren’t that comfortable feeding in public night owl, you can buy a nursing cover which has a mesh gap in the top so only you can see what your baby is doing while you’re putting them on - great if they’re fussy. :D I used to get pissed off with visitors coming in all day as the easiest thing for me at the start was just to be topless the whole time so it was easy to latch him on without faffing with clothes and nursing bras etc. I’d be saying to visitors ‘would you mind doing the washing up/ folding clothes/ hoovering a room while I feed please as we’re still establishing BF-ing and need some space to do so!’ That’s also a good way of finding out who genuinely wants to help and who just wants to see a baby lol xxx

Yeah she seems to be cluster feeding all through the night, she’ll feed for a while and I’ll put her down thinking right surely she’ll be satisfied for a few hours now, then 5 mins later she’ll be making her hungry mouth again! I’m like a zombie by the morning

I havent really ventured out too much with her yet but I am worried about how I’m going to feed her when I’m out, it’s also a bit awkward with visitors :shock: sometimes she wil root and whinge for a while before getting a good latch on, I’m going to a local breastfeeding support group on Friday so I’ll see if anyone has any tips about doing it out and about, I really don’t wanna just whip a boob out especially with her not always latching on quickly

How much sleep are you getting IVW?

Keep meaning to write a post on my labour experience, definitely going to do it this week xx

I type this as he is hanging on to the boob and has been for the past hour!!!!! After two loads of cluster feeds!!!! He’s having my life, or milk should I say today :lol:

I think the key with feeding in public is to not give two f’s. I know what you mean about the latching on straight away, as Joshua is the same, he almost has a little paddy with himself until he see’s it staring him straight in the face without me having to force it into him :lol:

I’ve breastfed in a cafe, outdoors and had a cluster feed session in a pub today with friends :roll: Just make sure you are comfortably prepared to do it, so get yourself a large Muslin to cover you both with and take your time. I didn’t feel anyone looking - I was just concentrating on getting him fed.

It will just take a bit of practice and before you know it, it will be so quick and natural x

Well it has been a hella traumatic days and nights, but baby Elijah is finally here! Will post more details once I have together what actually happened and get out of hospital probably

Congratulations Ash, hope you’re both doing well. <3

Well it has been a hella traumatic days and nights, but baby Elijah is finally here! Will post more details once I have together what actually happened and get out of hospital probably
Congratulations. I hope you are both well xx

I hope everyone and their babies are well. I forgot how hard the first few days are! Although i cant stop staring at her :) Feeding unfortunately isnt going too well with my large boobs not working well with Orla’s little mouth :? My milk is now in but little Miss point blank refuses to latch now and I cannot seem to get anything by using my pump xx

I hope everyone and their babies are well. I forgot how hard the first few days are! Although i cant stop staring at her :) Feeding unfortunately isnt going too well with my large boobs not working well with Orla’s little mouth :? My milk is now in but little Miss point blank refuses to latch now and I cannot seem to get anything by using my pump xx

I definitely think it’s harder for us larger boobed ladies, I basically have to hold the boob she wants to feed from or they just flop all over her little face, my little lady gets a bit frustrated when trying to latch on and screams at me ha ha, what’s your next step then are u going to try and persevere with it or switch to bottle feeding? X

Have you tried a Haakaa pump Coles? I’ve got one and used it to relive swollen and full breasts when LO wouldn’t drain the full amount of milk. I easily got about 2oz just from having it on while having a let down. The pumping action isn’t too intense either xx

Does anyone else find that their latch is correct yet baby swallows loads of air? :s
After having lot of pain and discomfort at around week 3/4, I had the health visitor round who helped me reposition little man and got him latching on properly again. Since then, his latch has been great and I’ve had absolutely zero nipple/ Brest pain - yet he still swallows loads of air - I can actually hear it going down his throat. I go to a BF-ing group and have also been told there that my latch is correct. So I’m a bit of a loss of what to do, he gets terrible gas pains. I don’t think it’s colic as he doesn’t cry for hours on end, but he passes a lot of wind and kicks his legs and looks very uncomfortable, and he does cry sometimes. I just don’t know how I can stop him from swallowing so much air. :(

Does anyone else find that their latch is correct yet baby swallows loads of air? :s
After having lot of pain and discomfort at around week 3/4, I had the health visitor round who helped me reposition little man and got him latching on properly again. Since then, his latch has been great and I’ve had absolutely zero nipple/ Brest pain - yet he still swallows loads of air - I can actually hear it going down his throat. I go to a BF-ing group and have also been told there that my latch is correct. So I’m a bit of a loss of what to do, he gets terrible gas pains. I don’t think it’s colic as he doesn’t cry for hours on end, but he passes a lot of wind and kicks his legs and looks very uncomfortable, and he does cry sometimes. I just don’t know how I can stop him from swallowing so much air. :(

This is a bit similar to our little man - the latch is perfect, barely feel him, but I think they just get a bit greedy and don't concentrate on the breathing part when eating :lol: so he does cough sometimes and needs a good burp after we have fed him.

We think he's got mild colic so started him on infacol. Spoke to the chemist in boots and she confirmed it probably is slight colic. He doesn't cry for hours, only when he wants feeding, but I can just tell he is uncomfortable in his belly and has hiccups everyday also and is much better after a good fart and poo :lol:

You give them a bit before a feed, so I am hoping in 3 days we will notice a difference. Its of course totally safe for babies and is on deal atm in boots, so might be worth getting some :) xx

Congrats Ash <3

Thanks IVW, will definitely look into it! Just want to give the poor little guy some relief! Xx

Disappointed but I have now switched to formula. Orla was not able to latch at all and my medela swing pump was not getting a drop out of me even though they are both clearly full. Midwifes have been great at trying to help and I spent a couple of days trying everything under the sun but all I did was increase milk supply with no demand. I am now being watched for possible mastitis due to the engorgement and the milk not being used. Little miss has dropped to 5lb 10 oz but they say thats within normal range of loss. I still cannot believe how small she is. Oscar was 8lb 5oz! She is now a wee pooping and peeing machine so things obviously working ok. Just need to get over the feeding point :sad:
I cant believe after all the weeks of waiting our little ones are here. Sending love to all xx

Have you tried a Haakaa pump Coles? I’ve got one and used it to relive swollen and full breasts when LO wouldn’t drain the full amount of milk. I easily got about 2oz just from having it on while having a let down. The pumping action isn’t too intense either xx
No I hadnt tried or heard of them but unfortunately I have had to switch completely to formula. Thank you for the suggestion though xx

As long as she's fed that's the main thing. I'm formula feeding. I tried BF with DD1 but she had tubes in and struggled. Neonatal told me she needed to establish feeding before going home so I put her onto formula.
I didn't even try bf with DD2.

I definitely think it’s harder for us larger boobed ladies, I basically have to go hold the boob she wants to feed from or they just flop all over her little face, my little lady gets a bit frustrated when trying to latch on and screams at me ha ha, what’s your next step then are u going to try and persevere with it or switch to bottle feeding? X
I got told in the hospital that I would be battling against my anatomy and that feeding would always be a two handed job lol. I fed Oscar for 7 weeks but ended up with blistered and bloodied nipples as he could only fit so much in t
As long as she's fed that's the main thing. I'm formula feeding. I tried BF with DD1 but she had tubes in and struggled. Neonatal told me she needed to establish feeding before going home so I put her onto formula.
I didn't even try bf with DD2.
you are so right - as long as she is fed and gaining weight all is good. Also means hubby can help out which is especially great at the moment while he is off for night feeds :) xx

I honestly think my boobs are not made for BF, I'd be holding the poor thing under my armpits never mind being able to do it subtly :rotfl:
I have never faced any criticism for bottle feeding either, which surprised me given the horror stories you hear!

Even the midwifes were totally supportive of the switch. All is going really well now so I am far less stressed xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back