***April 2019 Mamas***

I hate the leaps, I'm never downloading that leap app again though, it ruled my life haha!!

Ugh! TMI but my bloomin’ period has just started, 5 weeks PP! Plus breastfeeding! As much as pregnancy was a bit of a chore towards the end, I certainly have enjoyed a period free 9 months. -_- haha xx

Hope everyone is doing well, any new arrivals yet?

Me and my little lady are doing well, but my god breastfeeding is hard work isn’t it! She likes to feed hourly all throughout the night and then scales it back a bit in the afternoons to once every 2 or even 3 hours if I’m lucky, I’m going to have to learn to rest in the afternoon when she does as I tend to run round doing housework!

Looking forward to hearing of the last few new arrivals x

Glad to hear you’re doing well night owl, my little man was the same in the beginning, feeding every hour day and night. Now he goes 2 hours between feeds at night and can go anywhere between 1 and 3 hours between feeds in the day. But he’s just gone through a big growth spurt so he’s pretty much just been attatched to my boob constantly for the past few days! One afternoon he was on there for 3 hours straight. No wonder he’s almost 10lb now! :D he’s very tall like his daddy, too xx

We have regained birth weight and extra, she's now 10lb 7.5oz. Can't believe she is a month old next week!!
I weighed myself today. I have no idea, why! But I have put on 2st and 3lb this, pregnancy x

Glad to hear you’re doing well night owl, my little man was the same in the beginning, feeding every hour day and night. Now he goes 2 hours between feeds at night and can go anywhere between 1 and 3 hours between feeds in the day. But he’s just gone through a big growth spurt so he’s pretty much just been attatched to my boob constantly for the past few days! One afternoon he was on there for 3 hours straight. No wonder he’s almost 10lb now! :D he’s very tall like his daddy, too xx

Well I’m glad to hear it’s not just me having that experience jomo I was beginning to get a bit worried about whether it was normal or not! I take it you have been knackered too then? It’s amazing how quickly our bodies just go into survival mode and learn to cope with the lack of sleep! Glad to hear you are doing well xx

Glad she’s gaining so well rubyred. :D
Yes absolutely knackered night owl! But it does get easier. It can feel very isolating and lonely as well when you’re the only one out of you and your partner who’s getting sleep deprived - but that gets easier too. :)
Glad you’re both okay now first time mum! Congratulations! Xx

Orla arrived yesterday weighing a tiny 6lbs. Arrived at the birthing centre and she was out within 30mins. Fast and furious little lady xx

Orla arrived yesterday weighing a tiny 6lbs. Arrived at the birthing centre and she was out within 30mins. Fast and furious little lady xx

Congrats Coles <3 I wish mine was that quick c

Congratulations coles, wow well done on the quick birth too! I echo IVW in saying I wish mine was that fast x

We called him Riley and he was 9lb 8! Had a scan at 38 weeks and they said he was about 9lb 10 so I was expecting a big 11lb baby but thankfully he wasn’t! Yeah we are ok now and finally home, they cut my tubes while we was in there too so he is now officially my last baby but the trauma of my last 2 labours is enough to show me that mentally I could not handle another pregnancy. Thank you everyone xx

AE7273D8-61F1-4041-A3DE-D03A938FCA97.jpeg

Hope everyone is doing well, any new arrivals yet?

Me and my little lady are doing well, but my god breastfeeding is hard work isn’t it! She likes to feed hourly all throughout the night and then scales it back a bit in the afternoons to once every 2 or even 3 hours if I’m lucky, I’m going to have to learn to rest in the afternoon when she does as I tend to run round doing housework!

Looking forward to hearing of the last few new arrivals x

It is indeed :roll: is she cluster feeding also? my little man does them mid afternoon, but thankfully I have always been home for these periods!x

It is indeed :roll: is she cluster feeding also? my little man does them mid afternoon, but thankfully I have always been home for these periods!x

Yeah she seems to be cluster feeding all through the night, she’ll feed for a while and I’ll put her down thinking right surely she’ll be satisfied for a few hours now, then 5 mins later she’ll be making her hungry mouth again! I’m like a zombie by the morning

I havent really ventured out too much with her yet but I am worried about how I’m going to feed her when I’m out, it’s also a bit awkward with visitors :shock: sometimes she wil root and whinge for a while before getting a good latch on, I’m going to a local breastfeeding support group on Friday so I’ll see if anyone has any tips about doing it out and about, I really don’t wanna just whip a boob out especially with her not always latching on quickly

How much sleep are you getting IVW?

Keep meaning to write a post on my labour experience, definitely going to do it this week xx

We called him Riley and he was 9lb 8! Had a scan at 38 weeks and they said he was about 9lb 10 so I was expecting a big 11lb baby but thankfully he wasn’t! Yeah we are ok now and finally home, they cut my tubes while we was in there too so he is now officially my last baby but the trauma of my last 2 labours is enough to show me that mentally I could not handle another pregnancy. Thank you everyone xx

View attachment 85097

Gorgeous, and clearly a big strong healthy boy! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back