***April 2019 Mamas***

All good here, we have started classes so getting a routine together for the week.
Going on holiday in June, not sure what possessed me I blame pregnancy hormones!

All good this end. Thankfully last night was a much better night for sleep, thank god, I don’t like being a miserable cow to my oh :lol:

When is best to start classes? Or is there no real recommendation?

We’ve just applied for the little mans passport, so hoping we can get away in September when he’s much bigger.x

I don't think it matters when you start, I just needed some structure to the week!! I'm doing baby signing and starting baby sensory soon which is my favourite!! She just sleeps or feeds through class atm though. Big one also does forest school so Tues to Thurs are busy x

Things are going ok over here... baby tends to have a fussy few hours of an early evening where she wants to nurse pretty much constantly and gets a little whingy, she’ll have a good cry too it seems for no reason! But she goes a good few hours sleeping of a nighttime most nights, last night she went from 12 till 5 in the morn, feel like it’s too good to be true! She is putting weight on well though and doing plenty of nappy changes so I just let her sleep, don’t know if I should be letting her go more then 4 hours without feeding, I’m sure I read that somewhere! I tend to get myself a bit wrapped up in all the guidelines I’ve read and panic if the baby does something different to them! Think I just need to go with the flow a bit more

Want to carry on breast feeding for as long as I can but I am struggling a bit already and I’m not even a month in yet! Would just be nice for someone else to be able to feed her and also I’m dying for a glass of wine! Anyone doing any expressing and if so how is it going?

Hope everyone is well xx

I don't think it matters when you start, I just needed some structure to the week!! I'm doing baby signing and starting baby sensory soon which is my favourite!! She just sleeps or feeds through class atm though. Big one also does forest school so Tues to Thurs are busy x

Agree with this! I needed some structure to my week aswell and just need to get out the house for a bit sometimes, going to look for some groups or classes to go to, have started going to a breastfeeding group of a Friday, baby signing and baby sensory sound great! X

All good this end. Thankfully last night was a much better night for sleep, thank god, I don’t like being a miserable cow to my oh :lol:

When is best to start classes? Or is there no real recommendation?

We’ve just applied for the little mans passport, so hoping we can get away in September when he’s much bigger.x

How are you getting on with breast feeding IVW? How much sleep are you managing to get? Xx

How are you getting on with breast feeding IVW? How much sleep are you managing to get? Xx

Actually ok, yes it’s a bit demanding, but I knew it would be that way so just feed when he cry’s. he only really cry’s when he wants the boob or is trying to have a poo, but I can always tell what cry is what.

I am jealous that Victoria slept from 12-5! My little man is every 2 hours minimum! Mummy needs more sleep :lol:

You know you are allowed to drink while feeding? I googled it sooooo much and the nhs website says you can have a drink or two, just not close to when you feed and obviously binge drinking and feeding is a no go. I also checked with the health visitor who said if you want a glass of wine, then have one. So I’ve had a few wines and aperols and dam they were good :lol:

I need a bit of routine and structure as well, but we’re still having visitors!!!! We know tooooo many people :roll: so routine will have to wait, but also he is only 3 weeks old, so I’m not too worried x

Actually ok, yes it’s a bit demanding, but I knew it would be that way so just feed when he cry’s. he only really cry’s when he wants the boob or is trying to have a poo, but I can always tell what cry is what.

I am jealous that Victoria slept from 12-5! My little man is every 2 hours minimum! Mummy needs more sleep :lol:

You know you are allowed to drink while feeding? I googled it sooooo much and the nhs website says you can have a drink or two, just not close to when you feed and obviously binge drinking and feeding is a no go. I also checked with the health visitor who said if you want a glass of wine, then have one. So I’ve had a few wines and aperols and dam they were good :lol:

I need a bit of routine and structure as well, but we’re still having visitors!!!! We know tooooo many people :roll: so routine will have to wait, but also he is only 3 weeks old, so I’m not too worried x

Well that’s sealed the deal for me then I am going to treat myself to a nice cold glass of white wine this week ha ha!

Oh I think Victoria’s 5 hour sleep stretch was a one off, last night she was back to waking every 2-3 hours for her milk, she will have some 4 hour stretches of a day though sometimes, I can see that a sleep/wake routine is on the horizon at some point in the future

Yeah I know what u mean about visitors, I’ve managed to get through half my list I think, I’m just been selfish right now and limiting it to 2 or 3 days a week where people come round and making sure I’m having a few days a week where I don’t have to go anywhere or have anyone round lol just so I can snooze when the baby does, we have to make sure we have alone time for ourselves for the sake of our sanity lol xx

Hi girl's! Sounds like everyone is getting on well with their little people. Being a mummy to 5 has certainly been a game changer for me. I feel like my head has fell off a bit this week haha! My hubby went back to work today after having 4 weeks off with us. But I have managed my toddler is in nursery and my mum has helped with school runs.
Conor was doing great and putting on weight well. But he's been struggling with congestion and struggling with feeding so he seems to be taking a couple of oz every couple of hours at the minute because he can't physically breathe to feed. Poor little thing! Got a doctors appt for him tonight just to get him checked over because he's been like this since birth but it's getting worse not better.
Other than that I feel much better I'm not breast feeding but enjoyed having a little gin here and there.
I'm going to start looking at classes now my hubby is back at work too get us out the house xxx

Hi girl's! Sounds like everyone is getting on well with their little people. Being a mummy to 5 has certainly been a game changer for me. I feel like my head has fell off a bit this week haha! My hubby went back to work today after having 4 weeks off with us. But I have managed my toddler is in nursery and my mum has helped with school runs.
Conor was doing great and putting on weight well. But he's been struggling with congestion and struggling with feeding so he seems to be taking a couple of oz every couple of hours at the minute because he can't physically breathe to feed. Poor little thing! Got a doctors appt for him tonight just to get him checked over because he's been like this since birth but it's getting worse not better.
Other than that I feel much better I'm not breast feeding but enjoyed having a little gin here and there.
I'm going to start looking at classes now my hubby is back at work too get us out the house xxx

Oh poor Conor hope the congestion clears up for him soon, you are literally Wonder Woman for juggling 5 kids I’m struggling with just the one over here :rotfl:
Glad to hear that you are managing ok though, did your post dural headache thingy get better on it’s own? Xx

Oh poor Conor hope the congestion clears up for him soon, you are literally Wonder Woman for juggling 5 kids I’m struggling with just the one over here :rotfl:
Glad to hear that you are managing ok though, did your post dural headache thingy get better on it’s own? Xx
Conor is still congested but started some saline nasal drops and it's loosened it all loads so he's feeding better now.
:rotfl:oh honestly like I said my head has fell off a bit 5 is hard work!!! I have the worst baby brain ever!!!
Yes 2 whole weeks of that bad boy headache! Midwife only discharged me last Friday, she was then worried my womb wasn't contracting back quick enough so had to go to the hospital for a gynae review. But they were happy. They just said because i have had 5 and a c section my womb is well worn so would take a bit longer. 32 years old with an old baggy womb :rotfl: anyway I am actually feeling much better this week.
Have you recovered from labour/birth? How are you getting on?
Hope everyone is doing good xxx

My little boy had his 8 week immunisation jabs today. :( Was horrible seeing him in pain! I was holding him while he got them but had to look away. But it’s worth it in the long run I suppose. He’s out of sorts this evening, just wants to be held and to feed and to sleep. He cries if he isn’t doing one of those three things. :( Think it’s going to be a long night ahead! Hope you’re all well xx

Hey jomo! We are good, conor was 6 week's old on Friday and he's doing great. He's pretty chilled but I suppose he has to be with all my other children. Getting longer out of him of a night he has been settling around 8ish and waking between 2 and 3 and then again 5 or 6ish. Still killing me doing night feeds again though haha. He's giving so many smiles now and getting so big already. Can't wait to get him weighed at our 6 week check on Friday to see how big he has got. But he's filling 0-3 months already. How are you?
Hope everyone else doing good? Xxxx

We have our check up on Friday but I've delayed her Jabs until 10th as we are on holiday next week and I don't want her to be out of sorts!
Last weigh she was 12lb, little chunk! Also getting smiles from her, she's really becoming her own person now.

Glad Conor is doing well MM. :D Same here, Lincoln is 10 weeks old now and starting to settle for about 6 hours before waking up to feed and then going back down for another 4 hours or so. It’s amazing to finally be getting sleep! Aw I’m sure he’ll be a lovely healthy weight - I love getting Lincoln weighed as it reminds me that all the hard work and late nights pays off. :D

Glad you’re both well rubyred, yeah good shout about the jabs - Lincoln was definitely out of sorts for a few days!! Enjoy your holiday! Wow 12lb already is great! Well done mama

Xx

Hey jomo! We are good, conor was 6 week's old on Friday and he's doing great. He's pretty chilled but I suppose he has to be with all my other children. Getting longer out of him of a night he has been settling around 8ish and waking between 2 and 3 and then again 5 or 6ish. Still killing me doing night feeds again though haha. He's giving so many smiles now and getting so big already. Can't wait to get him weighed at our 6 week check on Friday to see how big he has got. But he's filling 0-3 months already. How are you?
Hope everyone else doing good? Xxxx

Oh lord and here’s me thinking my Joshua’s 3 hours was good going. My little one goes down at 10, up at 1 then 3, then every hour and a half :shock: those ones do me in!

Are you bottle feeding him? Or have I got a hungry boob monster?x

Doing ok over here thanks, I’m lucky with Victoria really she is going 5 hour stretches through the night now, she doesn’t nap very well in the day time though she wakes up too soon and gets herself all cranky for it, also she doesn’t like being put down in her Moses basket anymore, she will fall asleep after a lengthy boob feed, sometimes still latched on lol, then wake up as soon as I put her in her basket, we are building her cot this week and putting it in her room where I will be sleeping in a bed next to her so I’m hoping that gets her more used to being in her own space, with me still very close by!

Bought a breast pump this week so gonna do a trial of freezing my milk, defrosting it and someone else giving it to her from a bottle, if all goes well then she will be spending a few hours with her nanny while mummy has a glass of medicinal wine with her friends! Some girls at the breastfeeding group I went to said some babies can be funny about defrosted breast milk or having it from a bottle hopefully Victoria is ok with it

Got her weighed last week at 4 weeks 6 days and she was 10lb so she’s putting weight on good, she’s 6 weeks tomorrow and I think in a few weeks she’s gonna be bursting out of her 0-3 months stuff, I do worry about the amount she spits up though it seems to be a lot and it’s after most feeds, got my 6 week docs appointment and health visitor next week so will get her weighed again hopefully she’s still putting good weight on

Glad to hear everyone else doing well - IVW I reckon Joshua will be going long stretches overnight towards 12 weeks that’s what seems to be the norm from everyone I’ve spoken to, do you pump milk for your oh or anyone else to give him the occasional feed? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back