***April 2019 Mamas***

Doing ok over here thanks, I’m lucky with Victoria really she is going 5 hour stretches through the night now, she doesn’t nap very well in the day time though she wakes up too soon and gets herself all cranky for it, also she doesn’t like being put down in her Moses basket anymore, she will fall asleep after a lengthy boob feed, sometimes still latched on lol, then wake up as soon as I put her in her basket, we are building her cot this week and putting it in her room where I will be sleeping in a bed next to her so I’m hoping that gets her more used to being in her own space, with me still very close by!

Bought a breast pump this week so gonna do a trial of freezing my milk, defrosting it and someone else giving it to her from a bottle, if all goes well then she will be spending a few hours with her nanny while mummy has a glass of medicinal wine with her friends! Some girls at the breastfeeding group I went to said some babies can be funny about defrosted breast milk or having it from a bottle hopefully Victoria is ok with it

Got her weighed last week at 4 weeks 6 days and she was 10lb so she’s putting weight on good, she’s 6 weeks tomorrow and I think in a few weeks she’s gonna be bursting out of her 0-3 months stuff, I do worry about the amount she spits up though it seems to be a lot and it’s after most feeds, got my 6 week docs appointment and health visitor next week so will get her weighed again hopefully she’s still putting good weight on

Glad to hear everyone else doing well - IVW I reckon Joshua will be going long stretches overnight towards 12 weeks that’s what seems to be the norm from everyone I’ve spoken to, do you pump milk for your oh or anyone else to give him the occasional feed? xxx

I have heard this a few times that baby’s start not liking their Moses basket, which is now annoying for you as you are now having to do what you are doing. Do you think it’s because there’s not enough room for her! Joshua now doesn’t like his sleepyhead, and I think it’s because he just doesn’t have as much room as he would like. I am very jealous of your five hour stretches that’s for sure :lol:

So I started expressing probably earlier than I should have, which I knew lol, but it hasn’t effected my flow and I’ve got a good 8-9, probably 10 pouches now, as I’ve just done one. All ready for a few drinkies on Saturday. Joshua would not even entertain a tommee tippee bottle, but eventually did with the medala one, as it’s made to be similar to a nipple.

I would pump in the morning when your boobs are most full and really persevere with a bottle, as it can take some time.x

I have heard this a few times that baby’s start not liking their Moses basket, which is now annoying for you as you are now having to do what you are doing. Do you think it’s because there’s not enough room for her! Joshua now doesn’t like his sleepyhead, and I think it’s because he just doesn’t have as much room as he would like. I am very jealous of your five hour stretches that’s for sure :lol:

So I started expressing probably earlier than I should have, which I knew lol, but it hasn’t effected my flow and I’ve got a good 8-9, probably 10 pouches now, as I’ve just done one. All ready for a few drinkies on Saturday. Joshua would not even entertain a tommee tippee bottle, but eventually did with the medala one, as it’s made to be similar to a nipple.

I would pump in the morning when your boobs are most full and really persevere with a bottle, as it can take some time.x

What pump are you using IVW and how are you finding it? Also how much do you store in each bag? No idea how much baby would need at each feed! Gonna start pumping this week Xx

What pump are you using IVW and how are you finding it? Also how much do you store in each bag? No idea how much baby would need at each feed! Gonna start pumping this week Xx

I’ve got the medela swing - can’t fauit it at all.

I am terrible with metric measurements so just go by the bottle size you get with your pump. I tend to aim to fill that up and most of the time, I can quite easily. You will know when your boobs are emptying. I would also recommend getting some milk pouches. I totally forgot my oh bought me a load, so when my milk came in, it was absolute panic stations, but he showed me the pouches and what they were for - god, he was amazing for even thinking about this kind of thing for me!

We had a social day out in Richmond on Saturday and I wanted a few drinkies, so took a freezer bag and blocks and four milk pouches and nearly used all of them from 1:30pm to maybe 11pm and my oh did the first two night feeds also. I did have to pump on the train though :lol: by the time I pumped they were quite engorged, so will do it earlier next time. It was a fair bit of effort, but I am glad I did it.

Let me know how you get in xx

Oh lord and here’s me thinking my Joshua’s 3 hours was good going. My little one goes down at 10, up at 1 then 3, then every hour and a half :shock: those ones do me in!

Are you bottle feeding him? Or have I got a hungry boob monster?x
Haha he's bottle fed, he's doing well. He has a tongue tie though. I think he could go longer but he faffs about a bit. He's been doing 8 till 2/3ish still xxx
That's still good for breastfeeding though IVW don't get caught up with what other babies do because they all go through phases. He has his jabs next week and I know sleep will go out the window boohoo xxx

Aw he’s lovely MM :D

I use the Haakka Night owl and it’s the best thing ever! I haven’t actually done proper pumping yet, but the Haakka just catches the letdown from the other boob while feeding and the other night I got 4 oz with literally no effort.

Oh yeah and freezer pouches are great as you can just stack them up and they take up hardly any space and the ones designed specifically for breast milk are already sterilised :D x

Had the health visitor over yesterday and as suspected he is measuring bigger than your average baby :lol: I have basically gone from newborn clothes straight to 3-6 months :shock: that baby grow in that pic is 3-6 months, and as you can see he’s filling it right out.

So at 7 weeks old, he’s 60cm long and weighs 12lbs 11. I had a feeling from being pregnant he would be a ‘big’ baby, so it looks like I was right. My oh is over 6 foot and I’m 5’7, so it was to be expected.

Finally starting a course next week, which I can’t wait for - there’s only soooo much stimulation I can do, which I’m sure he’s already bored of :lol: x

14D83154-2BD0-4117-8D1C-7C74357A91AC.jpeg

Had the health visitor over yesterday and as suspected he is measuring bigger than your average baby :lol: I have basically gone from newborn clothes straight to 3-6 months :shock: that baby grow in that pic is 3-6 months, and as you can see he’s filling it right out.

So at 7 weeks old, he’s 60cm long and weighs 12lbs 11. I had a feeling from being pregnant he would be a ‘big’ baby, so it looks like I was right. My oh is over 6 foot and I’m 5’7, so it was to be expected.

Finally starting a course next week, which I can’t wait for - there’s only soooo much stimulation I can do, which I’m sure he’s already bored of :lol: x

View attachment 85907

Oh he’s gorgeous IVW! He’s clearly doing well on the breast milk!
Yeah I know what you mean about the stimulation, I never know what to do other then pulling faces and singing nursery rhymes, as soon as OH comes in from work she laughs her head off at him so she must be bored stiff of me ha ha, I’m going to start taking her to baby sensory classes and look for something else to do aswell xx

View attachment 85907

On a completely unrelated note that sofa is the same material and colour as mine and my god I find it impossible to keep it clean, even water stains it, the baby has spat up all over it now aswell :rotfl: just gonna cover it with throws for now ha ha xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back