• May 2016 Mummies •

Bobkat we had a very neutral "nursery" in our last house. I loved it! We had a light beige carpet - the monster never spent that much time in there really so wasn't a problem with getting dirty. For the first year or so they're with you all the time and their bedrooms just aren't that exciting :lol: but bleach cleanable carpet might be worth considering? He plays in his room all the time now, but nothing messy. All pens and play dough etc is for supervised play only where it won't stick to carpet (yet I've still got some beautiful biro portraits on my magnolia hallway walls....).

We hung canvases on the wall that made it feel more nursery - but obviously these could be changed really easily to more grown up ones! I've also never been a fan of children's curtains (she says, with George pig pirate curtains in the monsters room now...!!) so I think you can easily get away with nice plain ones.

Andrea that's awesome news about the house. Better than your current one too? Things always come good in the end!!! When will you be in??

I've got a horrid sore throat. I've just got over a stupid head cold last week, I might cry if I'm ill again. It's not fairrrrr!!! Haha! Xx

Aww hope you start to pick up soon tigger, colds are awful when not pregnant!

Yeah it's much better, gardens, a nursery on the same floor as our room (at old house it was on the floor up) big living room, gorgeous brand new kitchen. We handed deposit and rent over yest morning and started to move stuff in last night! Should be completely moved in by Friday! Can't believe we're moving when I'm 28weeks! Better than doing it just before or just after little one is here! Xx

Can you still have WC vaccine if you're unwell?

I'm not sure tbh, I've got mine on Thursday while I see mw, you seeing your midwife before you have it or can you call her to ask? Xx

I'm booked in for it tomorrow at my appointment. Suppose I can rearrange it if need be. Having an . Awful day-to-day, found/ out my uncle has just days,to live :( it's,so very sad

Thanks Tigger, Freddie was in his own room from about 6 weeks onwards as cot wouldn't fit in our room so not had to juggle the space between a little one and us before, we've only got room now to have this one in with us because we've knocked a wall down!

Jojo I'd phone your doctors for advice about whooping cough. I've had a bad cold in the past week and mw today said I still sounded croaky but because its on its way out, rather than on the way in or at its peak she said I should still be ok to have it but if I feel bad again in morning to rearrange it. As it is a vaccination it does have a little bit of it in it (I think) so best to be healthy.

Bobkat we are doing our baby nursery and are putting in a silvery grey carpet. It's bleach cleanable too, but means we get much more use out of it when baby is older. Maybe a colour you could consider for your carpet? Would go perfectly with white walls, and then you can just add what ever colour you decide to go for without it clashing?!

Andrea, great news on the new place. So much less stress moving now rather than closer to due date. And you get to give the two fingers to your ungreatful current landlord.

I'm.going to cAll in the morning because if sho does my bloodcont now the results could be screwed up a bit, plus I really can't be bothered to go and other feel just awful!

We kept Oscar's room cream then planned to add blue/pink bits once he arrived and we knew if he was a boy or a girl lol. We've slowly added bits over time, it looks lovely now :) we're not really doing a nursery this time round, with possibly moving there's not much point until we know where we are.

I'm just ordering a cord tie for baby, has anyone else seen these or planning on using them? They look so much comfier than the clips and so pretty too :) xxx

I'm using a cord tie for baby hopefully, getting one from my friend as her hospital wouldn't put it on in her c section. I think when James was in hospital at 3 weeks old for sceptic arthritis and osteomyelitis of his right knee that the only place the infection could of got in was from his cord falling off too early cos we caught the big bulky clip. xx
641062d8111b6abc17b4f953734e52e9.jpg

Yay PF is back and I'm in tri 3 !! Hope you are all well, excited to be in the final hurdle xx

I remember your posts about James being poorly, it must have been so scary for you all. Definitely makes you wonder about the safety of the big clips.
That's the same place I've just ordered mine from :) I got a rainbow heart with a matching hat too, so excited to see and use them. Xxx

Ouchhhhh I had my WC jab just over an hour ago.
Its already reacting the same way it did when I had it with Noahs lol!!

May not have an arm by this evening lol! Ouchieeee!!

Just a quick update: wont go into detail as this is a public forum, but me & the boys dad have decided to end our realtionship.
It wasnt a nasty break up, we just have simply fallen out of love with eachother and the long it goes on the more we have found we are bickering infront of Noah.
I think in the long run, even though its going to be hard being a single mum of 2, this was the best decision.

So having said that, im scrapping the home birth idea now lol!
Back to the MLU where ill defo have a birth pool free (one in every room) my mums my birthing Partner and he will be around to mind Noah.

Ive been signed off for 2 weeks. Just to get my head around this and get stuff sorted. As much as it being a mutual decision it is still very hard to get my head around things. Being with someone for 6yrs and then nothing is obviously rough, not to add preggy hormones in the mix!

Noahs starting nursery next week too so i just want to be here as much as possible for him. Hes only 2.5, so im not sure he knows whats happening as of yet. He does say 'wherea daddy?' But did that anyway so just say hea in work, which is where he is mostly.
Ex OH is being good though, hes a good man, fab dad and will be around alot. Hes seen noah for a few hrs since it ended friday every few days.. Im sure he will continue too.
Hes moved in with his parents atm, as we car share hes having to look i to getting his own car too so he can get bk n forth to work and see Noah easily.

But anyway! Im fine :) xxx

Last edited:
I remember your posts about James being poorly, it must have been so scary for you all. Definitely makes you wonder about the safety of the big clips.
That's the same place I've just ordered mine from :) I got a rainbow heart with a matching hat too, so excited to see and use them. Xxx
I was reading posts from it recently in a fb group I'm in after searching for James' labour thread and it feels so surreal and scarier now than when it was happening. Thankfully other than a few scars he is perfectly healthy. I'm hoping my mw will use it. If not I will get them to put the clip further down than normal so I can tie it after and then remove the clip. I am feeling all hippie with having a home birth, delayed cord clamping and a cord tie lol I just feel so much more confident in my choices this time xx

Aww Dani, sorry to hear it's not worked out for you both. Well done for making the hard decision though, you are doing what is best for you and your boys that's a brave thing to do. You will do a fantastic job as mum to them, I'm sure you have a lot of support too. I'm sure it will seem hard at first but you are strong you can do it, I know you probably have lots of people to talk to but just to let you know I'm here if you need a moan, just message me on Facebook if you need to. xx

Oh dani, I didn't see your update earlier. I'm sorry that things haven't worked out with you and your oh. Must be such a shock to do whilst pregnant and it is a brave decision to make. You will be a fab mummy to them both and in the long run you will be happier which will make the boys happy.

Sorry you've had to scrap the home birth idea but your mlu sounds amazing anyway so I'm sure your birth will be amazing still xx

So sorry to hear that Dani :-( but I have no doubt that you'll be a fab mum to both of your boys, as you already are to Noah, whether you're with their dad or a single mum. Well done you for making such a difficult and brave decision at what is already a tough and emotional time. We're all here for you if you need a rant or a moan :) you're so lucky to have such a good MLU so close to home, with pools in every room too (I'm ever so slightly jealous!) so I'm sure you'll still get the lovely birth you want :)
Xxx

I was reading posts from it recently in a fb group I'm in after searching for James' labour thread and it feels so surreal and scarier now than when it was happening. Thankfully other than a few scars he is perfectly healthy. I'm hoping my mw will use it. If not I will get them to put the clip further down than normal so I can tie it after and then remove the clip. I am feeling all hippie with having a home birth, delayed cord clamping and a cord tie lol I just feel so much more confident in my choices this time xx

I guess you have to just get on with these things when they happen, then worry about it all afterwards. Glad to hear all is well with James now tho :)
Yeh that's what I'm planning too :) my Aunty recently had a baby at the local hospital that I'll be in, they were happy to use the cord tie but she was so out of it after her c-section that she forgot to remind them. They cut the cord too short so she couldn't swap it over after either, she was gutted.
Haha me too. I'm more determined to get what I want this time, I felt like I couldn't argue my choices last time, especially being a young first time mum at 22/23, I was almost told what to do by everyone, no one considered that I would want to do anything any other way. I'd love to have a home birth, but there's just no room here, and our walls are far too thin haha.
Xxx

Sad to hear about you and OH, that can't be easy but at least you made he break before it turned into a bad environment for the kids . Sounds like you're on good terms so hopefully you will still get a lot of support for him and he will be there for you when you need him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back