• May 2016 Mummies •

Hi ladies I'm having an induction on Sunday and just wondered if any of you knew if your OH could stay with you the whole time? Would be great if one of you could help me and congratulations on all the births x

From what I gather, you OH will stay with you during the day, but will all depend on how well you are progressing as to if he will be allowed to stay overnight. He may be asked to go home if you are progressing slowly.

It will depend on the hospital.

At mine partners can stay all day but if you aren't in labour they have to leave at night and come back the next day (or in the night if you go into labour then lol). They don't have beds for partners on induction ward and don't let them stay overnight. Though they do now let them stay overnight on the post natal ward if you stay in after the birth.

Good luck for your induction, hope it all goes smoothly.
If it's anything like mine you'll be fine, I was induced with my first and second babies and they were both born within 10hrs of getting the pessary.

Last edited:
Good luck for your induction :) in most hospitals I know, partners can stay all day (usually 9am-8pm or thereabouts) but they're asked to leave overnight, unless you're in established labour and things are progressing. Some hospitals might let him stay tho, depending on how many other ladies are in, and if you're in a side room.
I was lucky and laboured through the day, so OH got to stay with me the whole time, but got sent home as soon as I was transferred down to the postnatal ward.
When we got readmitted to the ward with Belle's weight loss, I had a mini meltdown when it was time for him to go, the MW was lovely and sorted a bed for him to stay with me as it was quiet and I was in a side room.
Xxx

Hope everyone is getting on well with their new additions!

Things are / were going good here until I woke up with bloody mastitis!! Argh!
I had it on Noah and its what stopped me BFing!
Im Fighting through it this time, went to drs this morning and im now on antibiotics to help clear it. Feeding on that boob is agony but I really want to stick to bfing this time around!

Charlie was weighed day 17 at 10lb 13oz. Hes defo gained since hes a right chub, have HV next week so will see how hes getting on then :)

Noahs been a bit better the last few days too, no pulling charlies hair. But has nursery tomorrow so will c how that goes lol! X

Hey. So im now combi-feeding and we both much happier. Had Nancy weighed today and she now 6lb 8oz having been 6lb last tuesday so im happy with that! She feed every 3-4 hours and has 2oz each feed although today seems to be crying every hour wanting food. Even though she sometimes she will take an ounce and then fall asleep. Am I giving her enough at each feed?

Hey. So im now combi-feeding and we both much happier. Had Nancy weighed today and she now 6lb 8oz having been 6lb last tuesday so im happy with that! She feed every 3-4 hours and has 2oz each feed although today seems to be crying every hour wanting food. Even though she sometimes she will take an ounce and then fall asleep. Am I giving her enough at each feed?

Offer her as much as she wants-are you topping up with formula after a breastfeed? If she's finishing a 2oz bottle then I'd offer a 3 ounce instead.
Logan has been on bottles for nearly 2 weeks and still wants feeding every 2 hours some days, I don't think his tummy has quite stretched enough to take big feeds yet x

I have a miserable little boy tonight. No matter what I do, he won't settle and he's not been asleep since about 6pm so he's shattered. I can't stand and bounce with him because my lady parts are still so sore but that seems to be the best way to keep him calm

Hope everyone else is getting some shut eye. Think it could be a long night for us

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi, could it be just cos its hot that she is more thirsty? Joe has been asking for extra boob feeds but not feeding for any length of time, I reckon cos its hot he's wanting a bit more than normal, just like we would.

I have a miserable little boy tonight. No matter what I do, he won't settle and he's not been asleep since about 6pm so he's shattered. I can't stand and bounce with him because my lady parts are still so sore but that seems to be the best way to keep him calm

Hope everyone else is getting some shut eye. Think it could be a long night for us

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hope you got some sleep Jem, it does get better after the first couple of weeks, not perfect, but better. Joe let me sleep for 3 hours in a row, uninterrupted the other night, I felt like a new woman!

I've had a couple of 3 hour stretches, the first one really confused me!! I think I felt more tired afterwards haha.

Jack's tongue tie seems to be causing all of our issues at the moment. He's feeding constantly on the boob, then draining big bottles (4 or 5oz in a long session). He gets hiccups after virtually every feed, doesn't latch properly and licks his bottle teats. Google says these are all tongue tie symptoms along with some more minor ones he's displaying. Luckily our appointment is monday, i just hope they sort it out there and then and don't take his huge weight gain as a reason not to do it. He was 9lb7oz last Friday at 2 weeks, up 8oz from birth so i'm expecting him to be very close to 10lb tomorrow if not over haha my lovely little chunk

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Jem my 1st Harry had great weight gain with his tongue tie but it made feeding so so painful and they cut it at 6 weeks old, so hopefully they will do jacks on Monday for you.

Alfie was weighed today at 4+2weeks at 7lb 8oz and on the 2nd centile :) My little dink. He is also finally cleared of his jaundice and we have our mw discharge appt next week.
43718eaf899eaba2ac591a80eca5be3f.jpg
4565d2f56ff9fcc655110f222135ea39.jpg

Hi May Mummies, just wondering how your new-born's are coping in this heat? is it still a case of wrapping up warm and swaddling at night? Little bit worried if I have enough lightweight clothes.

StephyLou ive just got jack in a vest and blanket at night, but our bedroom is quite warm, despite the fan. He lets me know if he's too hot, he had a screaming evening the other day that was solved by stripping him off. If I'm taking him out i'll add a layer as the wind can be chilly

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hi Stephy, I just have Joe in a sleepsuit at night, he hates blankets. Our room is warm though despite windows open. During day I've had him in short romper suits, sometimes just a top and his nappy, especially if I'm carrying him in the sling as that adds a layer. We too had a screaming fit the other day that solved itself when we took his clothes off!

I have started a May and June Mummies thread in baby and toddler if anyone wants to come over and continue chatting xx

Lol I added you a while back, I think you posted your IG on here? I really don't get it to much but do live all the slimming world journey's and support it gives xx

I have started a May and June Mummies thread in baby and toddler if anyone wants to come over and continue chatting xx

I kept meaning to start on up but never seemed to get round to it! I'll pop over there and say hi, will be lovely to stay in touch with you all and see how all our babies are doing. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back