• May 2016 Mummies •

My leave has been approved so I know I have just three weeks left and then I'm
Off until January 16th I still have 13hrs leave so might ask to just work 1 day that week

Does your annual leave year go April-April? I'm
Taking 4 of my 5 weeks to make my additional paternity leave paid and it means I don't need to go back until mid January instead of mid December

Yeah but at last count I owed them, I can't take annual leave Xmas fortnight either-it's in my contract x

If u get sick pay id take the sick note as get as close to ur edd as poss for mat leave. Its a crap time of year cos our 9ms will end dec/jan!
Im hoping to be off till Jan/Feb.

My AL goes from Jan to Dec but can carry any i dnt leave over.. So im saving alot of mine to tag onto the end of my mat leave so i wont be bk till feb. Then using next yrs leave to spread out over next yr and have most of 2017 xmas off.

Its hard when to work out when is best to start mat leave isnt it. I was off sick last wk with my pgp, but have this week booked as AL.
Im so ready to leave tho.. But my last day isnt until 19th April x

I might string it out till I'm 37 weeks then, I'm waiting for some counselling and she rang me yesterday for an initial assessment but I don't know how long il be waiting for an appt...if it's more than a month I can string it out for that long x

My leave has been approved so I know I have just three weeks left and then I'm
Off until January 16th I still have 13hrs leave so might ask to just work 1 day that week

I've only worked 3 shifts this work and I feel guilty for letting ppl down and that feeds my anxiety...if I go back I'm going to feel judged.
I've worked out my entitlements for part time compared to full time and il be £15 a week worse off for cutting my hours down but that doesn't include paying out for childcare. I'm thinking 2 nights a week would suit me ok but that would mean leaving my position as deputy manager and demoting myself down to senior but I don't know if I could do that x

No I mean you can tag annual
Leave onto the end and get paid for additional
Leave. I can't take holiday cueing Christmas either but it's not actually holiday, it's payment in leu of holiday while you exercise your legal right to additional maternity leave. I doubt they'll be able to honour 5 weeks holiday. Between jan and April anyway - most places state you're only supposed to have 1 week between jam and March anyway and you have a legal right to your accrued holiday. ve had this out with my company and they said they will
Pay it as it's not actually holiday. My last employer also gave me holiday over Xmas because it was start is maternity leave, it's not counted the same as annual
Leave when using it as maternity leave

I don't have actual holiday entitlement coz I'm 0 hours I build up a 'holiday fund' so whatever I work I get a £1 taken off my wages (so if I work 30 hours I get £30 holiday fund)so far I'm upto roughly £150 only got 6 weeks of work left, last day is 25th March(good friday) I honestly can't wait. Xx

I'm on a zero hour contract but because I've been there more than 2 years I will still accrue hookah whilst I'm off...I'm just thinking that in theory I should be paid what I'm owed in my January pay day if I leave in Dec. I still don't know what to do...I'm tempted to talk to my boss but I know I can't do my position as it means been on call etc which I can't do as a single parent with a baby x

If your off on a sick note I think they can force start your maternity leave at 36 weeks but no earlier xx

Yeah employers can start mat leave up to 4 weeks before your EDD on ur matb1. Before then they cant so try and get aigned off till 36 and then start mat leave from then xx

Never thought I'd say it but we brought a "family" car tonight. I have a coupè at present and now I have a 5 door hatch

Never thought I'd say it but we brought a "family" car tonight. I have a coupè at present and now I have a 5 door hatch
We both traded our cars for family cars about 18months ago when we were thinking of starting to ttc. I went from a tiny 3 door to a big 5 door huge boot astra and my OH went from a focus(I broke it) to a Honda civic with a secret drop down compartment in the boot.xx

I refuse to part with my car...when I fell pregnant everyone said I would have to ditch it and get a ppl carrier but it's not happening. I'll have 5 kids but it's very rare that the teenagers go anywhere with me as they do their own thing so it's a waste of money. Plus I currently have a Mitsubishi Lancer and it's my baby and I'd rather chop off a leg than part with it lol x

Aw we did the same about 18ms back too!

I had a corsa and OH went through about 4 sodding cars in 3 yrs ranging from astra to clios.

So in the end part Xd my corsa as his never passed the MOT and then got a Renault Scienic. Its so spacious! Has 3 individual seats in the back instead on it being one long seat type thing. So i could actually get 2 carseats and a person with space in back, or even 3 carseats.
Boot space is brill too, i currently have my travel system in there ready aswell as DS1s stroller and the boot hood is on!
I used to have to take my hood off and have his silvercross snug against the glass lol in my corsa! Lol. Used to hate 3rd too having to literally throw his seat in the back and climb in to do him up!

Last edited:
I was addiment I was keeping my coupe, but as time has gone on I've realised it just isn't for lots of reasons. So we are now proud owners of a mg zs+. Got it cheap as has couple issues but husband a mechanic so all work labour free, well as long as he gets a hot dinner he's happy.

Scan day today :) excited to see bubs again but also nervous in case there's a problem x

I was addiment I was keeping my coupe, but as time has gone on I've realised it just isn't for lots of reasons. So we are now proud owners of a mg zs+. Got it cheap as has couple issues but husband a mechanic so all work labour free, well as long as he gets a hot dinner he's happy.
My oh is a mechanic too! But the engine dropped out when I was driving his focus (somehow the engine mount snapped) plus it was a W reg so was 14 years old, he upgraded to an 06 reg. As long as we can get suitcases,pram and baby stuff in the car I'm happy! Xx

I refuse to part with my car...when I fell pregnant everyone said I would have to ditch it and get a ppl carrier but it's not happening. I'll have 5 kids but it's very rare that the teenagers go anywhere with me as they do their own thing so it's a waste of money. Plus I currently have a Mitsubishi Lancer and it's my baby and I'd rather chop off a leg than part with it lol x
I wouldn't part with a lancer either! Kids or no kids!!haha!xx

I'm pleased someone sees my logic...been driving 11 years and it's the nicest car I've ever owned, bought it for myself last year as a treat and still love every inch of it....how sad am I lol.
I've had people carriers in the past-in fact I've had 4 different ones I think I could never justify the cost of running them for the amount of time I used more than 5 seats x

I'm pleased someone sees my logic...been driving 11 years and it's the nicest car I've ever owned, bought it for myself last year as a treat and still love every inch of it....how sad am I lol.
I've had people carriers in the past-in fact I've had 4 different ones I think I could never justify the cost of running them for the amount of time I used more than 5 seats x
Well we're both petrol heads so definitely see your logic! But wouldn't have a people carrier happy with what we have now. :) xx

Scan day today :) excited to see bubs again but also nervous in case there's a problem x

Aw im sure theres no issues!!!!!

I have my 4D scan tomorrow :) cant wait! Just hope hes playing ball and not hiding! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back