• May 2016 Mummies •

I didn't have any part of leakage with my first pregnancy.

But this time ive had the odd bit over the last few weeks x

Wooo! Me Friday. We are all flooding over fast!

Crazy aint it. Only seems like yesterday we were all getting bfp's

They will be all arriving before we know it! :)

So I found my old hopsital bag list from when I had Noah.
I defo over packed as I had enough stuff to stay there half the bloody week lol!!

But struggling with what to take off the list!?

Here it is... Help! I want to stay buying stuff next payday.

Hospital Bag

* During Labour *
Mat notes
Birth plan
Drink/snacks
Nightie
Bobbles/headband
Handheld fan
Thin top for waterbirth
Watch
Camera
Mobile

* After Labour *

Underwear x8
Thin slip on slippers
Thin dressing gown
Pjs/nightie x2
Showergel
Shampoo
Toothpaste/toothbrush
Deodorant
Breast pads
Mat pads x2 packs
Towel
Hairbrush
Makeup
Travel hairdryer
Straightners
Flipflops for shower

* For Baby *

Sleepsuits x4
Vest x4
Blanket
Muslin blanket
Socks
Mitts
Hat
Pack of Nappies size 1 & 2
Wipes/cotton pads
Going home sleepsuit
Carseat

Going home clothes for me

Last edited:
So I found my old hopsital bag list from when I had Noah.
I defo over packed as I had enough stuff to stay there half the bloody week lol!!

But struggling with what to take off the list!?

Here it is... Help! I want to stay buying stuff next payday.

Hospital Bag

* During Labour *
Mat notes
Birth plan
Drink/snacks
Nightie
Bobbles/headband
Handheld fan
Thin top for waterbirth
Watch
Camera
Mobile

* After Labour *

Underwear x8
Thin slip on slippers
Thin dressing gown
Pjs/nightie x2
Showergel
Shampoo
Toothpaste/toothbrush
Deodorant
Breast pads
Mat pads x2 packs
Towel
Hairbrush
Makeup
Travel hairdryer
Straightners
Flipflops for shower

* For Baby *

Sleepsuits x4
Vest x4
Blanket
Muslin blanket
Socks
Mitts
Hat
Pack of Nappies size 1 & 2
Wipes/cotton pads
Going home sleepsuit
Carseat

Going home clothes for me

I think i've added extra's to my list now :') I'm slowly building things for my hospital bag :)

I've taken a screen shot of your list :)
Went to a hand bag party last week and my husband gave me a good budget to blow so I brought my self a "weekend" bag. Just waiting for it to be made and delivered so I can have it as my hospital bag

What else does everyone have left to get?

I seem to be down to small things like nappies and wipes...

I have brought:

Tommee Tippee Starter set with the electric steriliser plus extra bottles and teats

Lots of Soothers/ Dummies

Cot bed (Mum still had all of her bedding from when she had the twins so i have an abundance of bedding in perfect condition)

Car Seat (Cybex Aton & IsoFix Base)

Pushchair ( Mamas and Papas Armadillo + Footmuff still need to get the car seat adaptors)

Baby bath :)

I have a huge range of baby grows i brought loads new in the next sale and tesco sale :) and then i managed to get a couple of good quality bundles off eBay

I have about 12 bibs

A baby towel (More on the list)

I am in full panic mode that i wont have things ready...

Luckly hardly anything!
Just mitts, hat or two, bibs and cotbed sheets i think!

As this is baby no2 and another boy I have kept pretty much everything from my first.

I need to buy the kura ikea mid sleeper for my LB. But this isn't something I need asap as Charlie will be going in moses basket then bassinet before Noah's cotbed.

Ive bought a pack of size 1 nappies and 2 packs of size 2 for now. And a big box of 12 packs of wipes ready. Its just the little bits and bobs really.

Have carseats and travel system kept from before. Bought loads of clothes in the next sale after xmas and have millions in attic ready in size order from Noah.

I think I want the prep machine if i dnt end up BFing. I have bottles sterilsers etc bought ready too.

If anything its just sorting and getting bits for my hosp bag!

Have noahs old bouncer. But i think i want a swing too lol! I need to check I kept Noahs play gym/mat. If nt thats something else I need x

I think I'm ready for baby, I just need towels and wherever else I fancy I WILL need lol. Still buying wipes and cotton wool with my weekly shop. It's just bits for me now that I need, breast pads etc

Ive bought these 'reusable' breast pads off ebay. They r fabric so just get washed. I didnt grt on with the disposables. Cos i had mastitis and my poor nips bled, pussed and scabbed.. They literally STUCK to the pads!!! Just hoping the reusable ones will be softer. Spesh if I wash them in non bio. Its a trial and effor anyway!
Ill grab a box of disposables just incase though.

Asdas little angels materniry pads for 90p are brill tho! Never leaked x

I've got some disposable pads but i just didn't have a clue who was best to buy from... i got some of Superdrugs own on buy one get one free.... i want to try and bf but anxious about it

mums been amazing at helping me figure out what i need to be looking out for... luckily we always have loads of johnson's top to toe in because my brother and sister (15) use it due to having sensitive skin.

I brought some wash sponges the other day and i'm going to get some new super soft flannels :)

Honestly girls the breast pads are massive trial and error. I leaked right through reusables, they never held. The cheapie ones from tesco were also rubbish and never fitted properly! Johnsons were the best I found and a friend could only use lansinoh ones. I think the extra expense on them pays off! But don't stock up on one kind until you know!! Xxx

I'm gonna start getting bits for hospital bag when I go shopping but im really not prepared-I've chosen/put away everything I need but I'm a long way off gettin it all paid for, I don't know if to get my babies r us paid off early and then just concentrate on the pram or try and pay off both at the same time x

Why don't you get bits for hospital bag in your weekly shop? I got breast pads from superdrug, day and night pads from superdrug (99p) extremely absorbant(I had them when I started my periods at 13 and they're still around) I've got mini shampoo and conditioner and body wash, just filled up empty bottles with what I currently use, Dry shampoo was on offer in boots. Xx

I always keep little bottles and decant shampoo and conditioner into them for myself :) I used to travel a lot so it always made sense to have little bottles on hand, mind you when ever i see small bottles on offer then i will pick them up and store them in a box.

I find the small aerosol deodorants are fabulous when you can pick them up on offer. I found 4 years ago when i was having a MC that morrisons extra heavy pads were as good as the high brand ones so i will probably put some in the food shop when we order it.

Little lady is super active this morning... i'm sure she knows when ever we have to attend a medical appointment :') Odd question can people tell you are pregnant? Mum and friends have said if it wasn't for the fact they knew i was pregnant they wouldn't believe i was.

I gained 2 stone at the beginning of my pregnancy very quickly and haven't gained anymore since in fact i seem to be loosing weight... it's almost like i put on all the chub and she is just slowly stealing it or using it up... I went from a size 14 to a size 18 and haven't gotten any bigger really... i'm wearing size 20 on top because i am really self conscious and would rather things be baggy than tight : )

Sorry if i ask loads of random questions this is all so new, she is a bit of a miracle baby considering my doctor said in august 2014 i wouldn't be able to conceive and in 2015 i BD 3x with Little ones dad... unfortunately things didn't work out and he left not long after finding out.

I just buy the maternity pads. Asda little angel brand. 90p for 10. They were massive. But very comfy, no itching and didnt irritate my stitches. No leaks either x

Hi ladies. My nasea is back in waves recently which is disheartening, terrible indigestion and baby has been on a hyper since 10pm last night. Getting punched and kicked in all directions

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back