**** • May 2016 Mamas • ****

I'm on penicillin and having a blood test tomorrow to test for leptospirosis. It presents as fluey symptoms, which could just be a cold and nothing major, but the dr said better to be safe given the potential exposure to rat urine at work. Absolutely fucking wonderful. I've text my boss tonight to tell him why I'll be late in, no response as yet. I hope he feels terrible - I told him it's rare but could be fatal to baby.

Struggling like hell with back pain and sciatica. Want to bring mat leave forward but don't want to lose time at the other end when the baby is here. Don't know what to do!!! Xx

Last edited:
Im in the same boat kim! Had this week off sick due to my PGP. Luckly have next week off as leave. But im struggling! I wasnt planning on leaving till 37+4!!! Im guna struggle big time staying till then! Really dnt wanna bring it forward as it means coning bk Jan time and my office is a NIGHTMARE this time of year!

On a plus.. TRI 3 today! Woop!

And ive bad a start on my hosp bag purchases!

It's hard enough trying to figure out mat leave without adding pgp/spd into the mix! Last time, I'd planned to go off at 37 weeks but ended up going at 34/35 weeks because I was just getting too uncomfortable with my hips. This time, my work have assumed that I'll be finishing at the end of March which makes me 32/33 weeks, much earlier than I'd planned to go off, I was hoping to hold out until at least 35 weeks again because of only getting the Maternity Allowance of the gov, I wanted my wage to go on as long as possible. But with all the crap going on there lately, and how shitty my hours are, it's really been affecting Oscar so I'm now quite happy to go off ASAP - but I'm not going to let them know that! Haha xxx

Changing subject slightly but babies movements have changed ie I haven't felt him move properly since yesterday evening, I have been working so that could be why but for the past few days they feel ad tho they've changed and my ankles have swollen a bit and I think I may have a UTI as it's painful when going to loo. My mw is useless and never answers phone so not sure whether to ring my local mac and see if I can go down I'm 26+5 so worrying a bit xx

My MW is also shite. SO was the one with Noah too hun. Id just call ur mat/antenatal ward. that's what I always did for any questions or reassurance. They either asked me to come in if it was about RM. Or if the odd question they were happy to advise for me on the phone.

Most hops will check for RM from 26wks anyway hun so call xx

Mac is engaged but will keep trying. I've Txt my mw so hoping she'll answer :( I hate worrying xx

I'm sure I t s fine but best to go if you're worried.baby has , probably just moved to an ok rd position or something. This baby can only be felt wrenches on t ::) ed right hand side, if she moves to the left I went feel her due to position.

As may leave goes I have three weeks left :) 8 shifts, maybe 9 if I take, as n extra.

I have 26 shifts left in work.. Ergh sounds LOADS! And thats with me only working part time too!!!

Roll on 19th April

I'm
So excited to finish lol first week is lukeys birthday and we're going to see steam trains! Then I have about 8 weeks with him, just us, until baby is here. Still don't know if we'll be moving or not but if we do k kinda hope it's before baby rather than after

All is well with the little man,he kept dipping in it out of the monitor so had to lay on my right side and he became so much more active,even kicked the midwife! So glad I went, I did get told off tho for not going in sooner.xx

That's good :) they do give us the run around!! I remember being I hospital twice a week for the last 9 weeks off pregnancy for movement issues last tome. Thankfully this baby seems to like
Kicking me harder lol

I've decided in going to do . This cake for my son's birthday :) but use fireman Sam figures too, add a,splash of water for his name and age.

Attachments

• d11f8e7eda44d332adc52ece57650765.jpg
    d11f8e7eda44d332adc52ece57650765.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 12
I bave pinned fireman sam cakes on pintrest for Noahs 3rd birthday idea!

I made him a no2 cake last year and made a track, tunnel, grass etc for thomas the tank then stuck a little thonas toy on top :)
Ill get a photo, i was so proud on myself for making it!! X

image.jpg
Here it is! So pleased with the outcome, 2nd time ever using fondant lol

Last edited:
That was awesome... This was likes from
Last year...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 13
Glad all is well with everyone's babas, sorry they're not looking after us much with back pain etc. Tigger, I hope your blood test went ok, good that the doc is being thorough.

Well I'm off to tri 3 today (whoop!), at last, these last 3 or 4 weeks have dragged. So I thought I'd put up my bump pics from 1st day in tri 2 to today.

Apologies for the bathroom mirror, it clearly needs cleaning more than once a week!

Attachments

• WP_20151029_002_1[1].jpg
    WP_20151029_002_1[1].jpg
    426.8 KB · Views: 13
  • WP_20160206_001_1[1].jpg
    WP_20160206_001_1[1].jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 14
I actually wasn't overly pleased with it, it was kinda a rush job in the end

Aw jojo that cake is fab!!!!!!

Bobkat! Happy tri 3 daaaay :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online