***November 2019 Mummies***

Hi ladies!!

So who’s struggling to find clothes that fit? It’s getting me down abit now. I understand how you feel @ChloB as a fellow gym lover I’ve found myself missing it a lot. We can get back to it after baby tho.
I get the back pain to! And also pain in my right rib! Surely baby can’t be up there yet? It feels bruised but I’m wondering if maybe my bra has been to tight? But surely both sides would hurt!?:confused:

Glad to hear everyone’s little babas are doing good!!

Think I'm going through an emotional point with myself these last 2 weeks, anxiety/over thinking about EVERYTHING !!!
I bumped hubby's car last night into a friends neighbours car, luckily there was no damage but I haven't let it go with myself !!!!
This brain of my just isnt functioning....making myself not feel like me !!??

I had the rib pain, looked under my boobs and realised my bras too tight as it was all red :-( but my sports bras dont look right with my normal clothes or vest tops...arghhh
The joys of bloody pregnancy !!
Went to my friends last night who has a 6wk old lil girl, she completely understood everything I was saying which I loved in a weird way Haha

How are you feeling? Xx

The only pain I've had is when I've been sat in an uncomfortable chair for a few hours and I get pain just under my right shoulder blade. Obviously it's far too high for baby but it's something I never experienced before. Could just be coincidence but I think it might be where my back muscles are pulling down with the baby so are pulling on my shoulder!

I had a midwife appointment today and thought she was really rude about my mat leave lol. My last day at work is 1st November so I'll be 37 weeks, I'm work full time as an accountant but it's pretty easy with little to no stress. She basically told me I was being naive (ambitious is the word she used) to think I could work up until then, that I've never had a baby before and that she bet she was right. I completely understand I may feel very different when the time comes and be unable to continue that far, but I just thought there were better and less smug ways of putting things!!

What are everyone elses mat leave plans? xxx

My last baby I was a registered manager for a disabled children’s home. The children had challenging behaviour and we worked 25 hours ( part of that was a sleep in ) I did those shifts until I was about 32 weeks. Then worked office hours until 36 weeks. I then went on mat leave. My baby ended up being 2 weeks late and I had to be induced. I had 6 weeks baby’s free and could have worked up until the baby was due health wise as I had no issues to contend with. I was symptom free.

Only thing was sleeping was difficult so got tired.

This time I’m a community nurse driving around Wiltshire so lots of driving. It’s an advisory role again for children with disabilities. I plan to work until 37 weeks. I had however got lots of annual leave so am working 4 days a week as of next week until 37 weeks. It’s a bit tougher this time
Round for me as I have a 5 year old to contend with and also 2 step children.

If it’s your first baby and you’ve got time to rest after work. Take it easy and nap when you can. If you’ve got no issues I don’t see why working until 37 weeks isn’t achievable. Unfortunately we can develop symptoms that will affect this such as pains / high blood pressure etc etc which we can’t control and have to take action.

Not very comforting for you for her opinion to maybe not reflect your hopes when some
Women work until the day before they are due !!xx

Thanks so much for taking the time to write that out @Sparklisam! That makes me feel so much better. She honestly made me feel like a bit of an idiot but I'm sure most women go as late as they possibly can. I've had a really great pregnancy so far, no complications, no blood pressure/sugar issues, my measurements today were literally spot on where they should be - I count myself very lucky. Obviously like you said that can change in a heartbeat, but I really don't see any reason why I can't continue until 37 if I make sure I rest after work, take it easy and the pregnancy remains issue free :)

And I also thought she should consider the financial implications before expressing her opinion like that - my job only pays statutory pay so we need every penny we can get prior to the birth to cover the loss of earning whilst I'm away.

Anyway, rant over haha! That's amazing that you're planning to go to 37 with all that going on, hopefully the annual leave and moving until 4 days will help though xxx

Thanks so much for taking the time to write that out @Sparklisam! That makes me feel so much better. She honestly made me feel like a bit of an idiot but I'm sure most women go as late as they possibly can. I've had a really great pregnancy so far, no complications, no blood pressure/sugar issues, my measurements today were literally spot on where they should be - I count myself very lucky. Obviously like you said that can change in a heartbeat, but I really don't see any reason why I can't continue until 37 if I make sure I rest after work, take it easy and the pregnancy remains issue free :)

And I also thought she should consider the financial implications before expressing her opinion like that - my job only pays statutory pay so we need every penny we can get prior to the birth to cover the loss of earning whilst I'm away.

Anyway, rant over haha! That's amazing that you're planning to go to 37 with all that going on, hopefully the annual leave and moving until 4 days will help though xxx

I completely agree with you, she could of worded it alot better!

My due date is 13th Nov.
I've put my mat leave pay to start from 11th Nov however I have holidays that I've put to finish work on 11th Oct and I will be 34wks.

Hubby said he thinks I'll be bored with a few weeks off but I figured if I have holidays and we have no plans to use them then I may aswell put them at beginning of mat leave so I can push mat leave to start as late as possible.

I also agree with the financial side of things, I got my calculations today, my company mat pay isnt amazing but its something, as well as SMP pay.

I'd just carry on as you are, you'll know yourself how you'll be etc, she sounds like one of them that puts their own opinions forward and just doesnt care !! Xxx

Yeah I think she was like that @ChloB, I almost feel spurred on to get that far now just to spite her haha!
I do appreciate that she was just trying to get across that really I have no idea what I'll feel like, it's the first baby and after all I am growing a human so it's bound to be hard work come the end. But yeah it was just a bit much.
That's great that you'll finish at 34! You should be well rested for d-day that's for sure :) I don't think you'll be bored though - you should be in full on nesting mode at that stage and will be cleaning the house with a toothbrush haha!! xx

Yeah I think she was like that @ChloB, I almost feel spurred on to get that far now just to spite her haha!
I do appreciate that she was just trying to get across that really I have no idea what I'll feel like, it's the first baby and after all I am growing a human so it's bound to be hard work come the end. But yeah it was just a bit much.
That's great that you'll finish at 34! You should be well rested for d-day that's for sure :) I don't think you'll be bored though - you should be in full on nesting mode at that stage and will be cleaning the house with a toothbrush haha!! xx

Yeah I think when it's your first you have NO idea how your going to feel so she should of thought of that, ppl who pass comments about their experience and expect you to be like them and do what they did just aggravate me!!

I'm now wondering should I only left it a few week more?? But I've no idea haha

I'm sure I'll find myself lots to do as well as having time to put my feet up?

I'm already struggling with sleep and getting comfy as I get a bit bigger.
Had my midwife check up yesterday, heard the heartbeat which was amazing and all measurements were fine! X

@ChloB I think you'll be fine, if you can afford it stick to it. If I could I would look to finish a bit before to give myself a chance to properly rest and sort the house out. I'm just hoping 3 weeks will be enough lol :) Great to hear measurements were good and you finally got to hear the heartbeat! So lovely isn't it xx

Glad to hear you ladies are well xx
I've been so busy lately with work that I didn't even realize how time just flies by at the moment lol.

I'm the same as you @TTChloexx . I'll be just over 37 weeks when I go on maternity leave and I really don't know how I'll be feeling, but I don't want to sit at home for so long just waiting for bub to arrive. I think that would drive me crazy lol. My mdiwife seemed to think that was alright though and told me most women she cares/cared for finish work when they're around 36/37 weeks.

I'm exhausted at the moment because I just can't sleep at night. Does anyone else experience that? I don't think I've been getting more than 3-4 hours sleep a night for about a week now and it's really starting to get to me. It's not that I'm super uncomfortable, I just can't sleep. Hopefully that will change again soon.

Glad to hear you ladies are well xx
I've been so busy lately with work that I didn't even realize how time just flies by at the moment lol.

I'm the same as you @TTChloexx . I'll be just over 37 weeks when I go on maternity leave and I really don't know how I'll be feeling, but I don't want to sit at home for so long just waiting for bub to arrive. I think that would drive me crazy lol. My mdiwife seemed to think that was alright though and told me most women she cares/cared for finish work when they're around 36/37 weeks.

I'm exhausted at the moment because I just can't sleep at night. Does anyone else experience that? I don't think I've been getting more than 3-4 hours sleep a night for about a week now and it's really starting to get to me. It's not that I'm super uncomfortable, I just can't sleep. Hopefully that will change again soon.

I've been having the sleep issue but more so getting comfortable, but they do say pregnancy insomnia kicks in around now, my friend believes it's your body getting you ready for when baby is here?
Xx

@Mandy119 that's good to know. I'm sure most women go that far like you said! Oh well lol :D

I can definitely feel myself getting more and more uncomfortable as the days go on - luckily it hasn't effected my sleep so far. It's only really if I'm led on the sofa I can't seem to get comfy after a while and get restless legs. Once I'm in bed I'm ok. Last night though I did wake up in the night and where I must have slept in the same position for too long I was super uncomfortable. Once I swapped sides though I was fine.

Not looking forward to whats to come :rotfl:

Hi girlies,

Just catching up on the recent posts....

Isn’t it pretty common to try last as long as possible in work so you can have longer off with baby? I’m planning on going to 36-37 weeks to.

I had my 25 week checkup and I’m pretty annoyed, I didn’t get my matB. I forgot to ask and she never offered so not sure what to do now.

Hi girlies,

Just catching up on the recent posts....

Isn’t it pretty common to try last as long as possible in work so you can have longer off with baby? I’m planning on going to 36-37 weeks to.

I had my 25 week checkup and I’m pretty annoyed, I didn’t get my matB. I forgot to ask and she never offered so not sure what to do now.

If you ring your midwife up they can usually fill it out and you can pick it up, I only got mine last week as she kept making excuses when I asked, i know they only legally cant give it you until your 20 weeks, but I then asked my doctor but they said they wouldn't give it me as my midwife was the one to hand it out. But then I've heard some ppl got it at their 20wk scan and others at their 18wk app......I hate that it's not all done the same !!!

I'm having such a bad anxiety week this week I have no idea what is wrong with me :-(
Come home from work today feeling pretty miffed off at myself after something my boss said...I've walked away wishing I'd said something different and I cant seem to shake the overthinking of it !!!
Gonna try have a cup of tea and feet up xx

Also thought I'd pop a 25wk bump pic in, cheer myself up and see how your bumps are getting on?
:preg:<3

20190804_185006.jpg

Also thought I'd pop a 25wk bump pic in, cheer myself up and see how your bumps are getting on?
:preg:<3

View attachment 86967
Your bump is really coming on!!!
Also don’t worry about your boss we all have moments like that, I bet once you have calmed down you’ll feel better about not saying anything!

I’ll ring my midwife Monday and see if I can get my form then!
I’m off for a meal with my bf tonight. I just wanted an excuse to get dressed up and feel nice as I’m a big scruff these days! Will post my bump pic when I’m ready to go!!

Your bump is really coming on!!!
Also don’t worry about your boss we all have moments like that, I bet once you have calmed down you’ll feel better about not saying anything!

I’ll ring my midwife Monday and see if I can get my form then!
I’m off for a meal with my bf tonight. I just wanted an excuse to get dressed up and feel nice as I’m a big scruff these days! Will post my bump pic when I’m ready to go!!

My work colleague was really good making me feel less worked up cos she hates seeing me stress lol !

Aww I know exactly what you mean, it just feels nice to dress up more than what we normally wear :D
Hope you have a lovely evening !
We're off to watch jimmy carr on sunday, bit of an odd day but still nice to do something and be out the house xxx

How is everyone doing?

Baby is really active now and my mum is finally out!!
I just watched 15 mins of one born and had to turn it off....it had me in tears!!

How is everyone doing?

Baby is really active now and my mum is finally out!!
I just watched 15 mins of one born and had to turn it off....it had me in tears!!

My bump too !!
I did the exact same on sunday and I dno how I felt but I think I watched a bad episode hahaha ! Xx

My bump too !!
I did the exact same on sunday and I dno how I felt but I think I watched a bad episode hahaha ! Xx
Haha glad you knew I meant bump I don’t know why auto correct changed that to mum :doh:
3AA83BCC-5BD2-463D-8F9C-410A8FF210AA.jpeg
Here’s my bump from last night. The dress is a little big atm as I’ve supposed to be for sept when I go away so got it in a bigger size so I can grow into it
Oh no did you? I just got upset when the babies where born!!

How’s everything going?

Last edited:
That dress is absolutely fab! You and bump look amazing!
Defo depends what mood I’m in for one born... as I’m practicing hypnobirthing I only read and listen to positive birth stories - it really helps with my mindset going into birth. Obviously that can’t be guaranteed with a tv show, but when I have watched it I’m the same as you April, in absolute floods of tears! Happy tears though, can’t wait for that moment for us and our little boy <3
Not much to report on my end, movements everyday and getting stronger too! Writing lists of everything we still need to get. Crazy that we’ll be in third trimester in a few weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back