** March 2020 Mamas **

Wow that sounds tough! I can not imagine having such a high demanding job while pregnant! But honestly though; growing a human being must have first priority for everyone that cares about you - including co-workers! If they can't handle a 'no' now and then, they really aren't too concerned about your well-being.

Somehow I feel lucky now that I have a meaningless job in retail that I could quit at any time...... but stay strong!!

I feel under pressure as if I say no then one of them has to do it and I'm constantly told to man up or that I'm pregnant not sick..... I don't feel very supported. I am exhausted again today.

Doing 11 hours shift on my feet all day and could end up called out again tonight. I worry so much about this baby I've tried 2 ivfs and mc to get here. I am classed as high risk by my midwife and docs yet my work just treat me like its all okay

I feel under pressure as if I say no then one of them has to do it and I'm constantly told to man up or that I'm pregnant not sick..... I don't feel very supported. I am exhausted again today.

Doing 11 hours shift on my feet all day and could end up called out again tonight. I worry so much about this baby I've tried 2 ivfs and mc to get here. I am classed as high risk by my midwife and docs yet my work just treat me like its all okay
Honestly, and this is just my opinion of course, if they are THAT unsupportive I would give them the same unsupportive response back.... I understand though that that is easy for me to say. Even if they get annoyed - they will get over it. If anything happens to you or your baby it won't be that easy for you to get over it.

If there is ANY a time to be selfish, it's when you're pregnant!

Last edited:
Honestly, and this is just my opinion of course, if they are THAT unsupportive I would give them the same unsupportive response back.... I understand though that that is easy for me to say. Even if they get annoyed - they will get over it. If anything happens to you or your baby it won't be that easy for you to get over it.

If there is ANY a time to be selfish, it's when your pregnant!
What @Robec said!!
Is getting signed off an option?

Anyone else have sore bump? I’m sure it’s just stretching pains but it feels really tight.

My mum is super excited, she hasn’t really said anything but I can tell! She dug out the dress I came home from hospital in for us, And has bought what can only be described as a rainbow unicorn tutu vest. I don’t think we’ll get to buy anything!!

Anyone else have sore bump? I’m sure it’s just stretching pains but it feels really tight.

My mum is super excited, she hasn’t really said anything but I can tell! She dug out the dress I came home from hospital in for us, And has bought what can only be described as a rainbow unicorn tutu vest. I don’t think we’ll get to buy anything!!
No soreness here.... I just feel big and wiggly . I wish I lived closer to my mom to share this special time.....

No soreness here.... I just feel big and wiggly . I wish I lived closer to my mom to share this special time.....
Feeling like a beached whale here! And only gonna get bigger ! :rotfl:
I don’t live particularly close to my family either, I’m in Manchester and they are in Northern Ireland. Thankfully only a short flight though. Home again for Christmas then not till baby gets here!!

Feeling like a beached whale here! And only gonna get bigger ! :rotfl:
I don’t live particularly close to my family either, I’m in Manchester and they are in Northern Ireland. Thankfully only a short flight though. Home again for Christmas then not till baby gets here!!

I live in the US and my family lives in Belgium.... I'm going home for Christmas too!
YEAH to traveling for 24 hours - 11 of which in airplanes - while 6 months pregnant :cheer::doh:

I live in the US and my family lives in Belgium.... I'm going home for Christmas too!
YEAH to traveling for 24 hours - 11 of which in airplanes - while 6 months pregnant :cheer::doh:
Gosh that is a very long way! Good that you are getting to see them though.

Hi ladies, how are we all, been quiet on here for a couple of weeks but still reading your posts, how is everyone feeling?, I feel really good at the moment, starting to get a bump now finally! has anyone started buying much? I’m currently trying to organise a decorator for a jungled theme nursery

Yes... I have stretching pains past few days and it's so sore... Always one one side amd worse when I stand up or walk... Today I had it under the middle. Too

Today was a new low for me in work. I had 1 more night of on call to do for this rota... Worked 80 odd hours with no day off and got another day at work tmrw before I have days off and got another referal tonight. I broke down In work. Told them I wasnt doing it and cried. I said I couldn't take anymore. I feel bad as one of my friends in work went out for me and she's going to be out late... I just couldn't do anymore

Sorry to hear that @Alexis2017 my friend is a nurse and she went on maternity leave about 8 weeks early as she couldn’t cope with the hours.

Hi ladies.

Had my 20 week scan today. Everything is absolutely fine. She is measuring fine no anomalies.
Baby was wriggling away covering her face.
Told her about our combined test results. She was taken back and really shocked and said she didnt see any problems.
I also have a anterior placenta so probably why i haven't really felt any movements yet.
Fingers crossed will feel some movements soon xx

@Alexis2017 Surely it can’t be safe even for a non pregnant person to work 80 hours in a week! I have a desk job and they’re talking about doing a risk assessment! maybe now they’ll realise it’s asking too much of you.

Glad your scan went well @Nattles33

Yes... I have stretching pains past few days and it's so sore... Always one one side amd worse when I stand up or walk... Today I had it under the middle. Too

Today was a new low for me in work. I had 1 more night of on call to do for this rota... Worked 80 odd hours with no day off and got another day at work tmrw before I have days off and got another referal tonight. I broke down In work. Told them I wasnt doing it and cried. I said I couldn't take anymore. I feel bad as one of my friends in work went out for me and she's going to be out late... I just couldn't do anymore
Your body is saying 'no more'! Please listen to your body!

Oh no @Alexis2017. I think I'd be going over your manager's head at this point. I think they are being very demanding and unreasonable, and you need to start putting yourself first. The rest of the team would manage if you went on long term sick anyway so they will have to manage whilst you take a step back. I know pregnancy is not a disability but no 2 pregnancies are the same and some women have it much harder than others!

Glad your scan went well @Nattles33 :D

Nice to see you back @Clairexx89. Weve bought a fair bit! I've been painting the nursery this week - almost finished now. New furniture and curtains arriving tomorrow. We need to put a new carpet down before the furniture goes in though. I really want it finished by Christmas!

Hi ladies, how are we all, been quiet on here for a couple of weeks but still reading your posts, how is everyone feeling?, I feel really good at the moment, starting to get a bump now finally! has anyone started buying much? I’m currently trying to organise a decorator for a jungled theme nursery

I have bought some tiny clothes but that's about it! I dont have a nursery yet and no room to really put stuff. We have to move less than a month before I give birth so I wont be able to do much until that happens....

I have my 1st 4D scan tmrw and also a semi surprise baby shower!

In prep I got my hair done, went pink! And getting my make up done tmrw as a wee pamper sesh. I feel so tired after week of hell at work but it's time to celebrate.... Can't wait to see his wee face in 4d :dance:

I've got a lot of clothes now 2nd hand and new..... A whole cribs worth filled to the top. What I do need is crib and moses basket sheets, muslin squares and towels!! I need to buy the newborn insert for mamaroo too

I have my 1st 4D scan tmrw and also a semi surprise baby shower!

In prep I got my hair done, went pink! And getting my make up done tmrw as a wee pamper sesh. I feel so tired after week of hell at work but it's time to celebrate.... Can't wait to see his wee face in 4d :dance:

I've got a lot of clothes now 2nd hand and new..... A whole cribs worth filled to the top. What I do need is crib and moses basket sheets, muslin squares and towels!! I need to buy the newborn insert for mamaroo too
Have a lovely day tomorrow! You deserve a bit of pampering... we all do!!

ive started going through all the stuff I kept from ds to see what we are keeping / giving away. A friend came for a rifle through today and took a big bag of stuff and got a couple of others lined up too! But there is actually loads that we can keep that isn’t totally boyish or can’t be girled up a bit! And I’m sure my mum & mil will go silly buying stuff anyway !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back