** March 2020 Mamas **

Hey Nattles! Hope you're well.

I've told work my intentions are 38 weeks unless I have any issues later on! So I think that has me finishing Valentines day.

Its difficult putting down a day you 'intend to return to work' though I found! It seems SO far away.

Definitely better than nothing Niknak. I found I was spending so much less on leave anyway last time that it was almost manageable.

Hi @Niknaknoo and @Summerwine i feel dreadful today. Keep waking up at stupid o’clock massively bloated. I past ate at 7pm last night and woke up at 5am so bloated couldn’t get back to sleep until alarm went off :(. Just feel rubbish today.

I’ll be returning to work jan 2021 but it’s my leaving date. I’m thinking maybe end of feb or first week of March. I’m due 18th March but who knows what could happen!

Plus mat pay is ridiculous but better than nothing xx

Is this your first @Nattles33? Sorry, my memory is dreadful. If it is, I would say definitely allow yourself a bit of time to rest up (and fill the freezer!!) before your due date.

Having said that, I finished at 36 weeks last time and went alllll the way overdue to induction. I had 6 weeks to myself and wished I worked longer as I was BORED :rotfl: it's so personal though! If you're already exhausted maybe a few weeks of boxsetting and nesting is the way forward?

Yes it’s my first @Summerwine i just can’t seem to get comfortable in bed. Had a cold again so been congested which is a nightmare at night and now seem to be bloated all the time :sad:
I’m hoping it’s going to pass soon.

I was thinking end of Feb would be a nice end. I’ll see how I feel after I’ve got my forms from midwife. End of feb would mean finishing at 37 weeks. I definitely want some time to myself before our little girl arrives so I think first week in March would be nice.

I went all the way over too. My mum came to keep me company! Hoping to go on time this time so will have a couple of weeks getting myself right before ds is off school for 2 weeks for Easter!

sorry to hear you’re struggling @Nattles33, not getting enough sleep is no fun. Perhaps your body’s way of preparing you for baby’s arrival!!

It’s so hard making the decision about when to go off, I guess it depends how much you have to do and if you can have company too? Also how physical your job is. I’m just at a desk and I’m hoping they’ll let me have the car park pass in the new year so I don’t have to walk in!
I’ll leave all the washing till I finish I think then at least I’ll have something to do, and hopefully I’ll still be able to walk and take the dog out, see if I can’t encourage Labour! Not that it helped last time! 18 weeks to go! :-?

I hope that passes for you soon too @Nattles33! It doesnt sound fun.

Ahh that sounds nice @Niknaknoo. Be good timing too! I'm also hoping that (having done it before!) my body figures it out on time this time...

Im definitely thinking this little missy is getting me prepared earth with the lack of sleep.
Hubby is working nightshift this week. I don't normally sleep well when hes away but with me being so knackered im hoping ill go straight off tonight.

Hi ladies,

I’m intending to finish work 14th feb same as @Summerwine I’ll be 37 weeks then, was thinking it would be good timing if I’m
2 weeks early I still have a week to myself, although if I’m 2 weeks late I might be bored, my work have said I can change my date just need to give them a little notice, I’m still not sure when I will be going back (don’t really want to tbh) but I think 4th Jan 2021 will be the earliest, I have around 6 weeks holiday next year inc bank holidays so I’m hoping that will cover the 9 months. It’s such a hard decision to make but apparently you can change your mind and give them 8 weeks notice?

Had my 25 week appointment today, I’m 25 weeks tomorrow, OH came with me. listened to babies hb and measure fine, blood pressure was normal, but I had protein in my urine so my sample has been sent off for further testing, I’ve had a little google and it said this could be a sign of pre eclampsia, not sure if I should be worried or not as I feel fine and was a little surprised it wasn’t normal.

Dont worry about it just yet @Clairexx89! It doesnt automatically mean pre-eclampsia, that's worst case scenario BUT even if it does turn out to be, at least they've picked it up nice and early which is a really good thing.

Was it nice hearing babies HB together?

Yes @Summerwine it was lovely, midwife let me record it on my phone also, i keep playing it back, she asked me all the questions which google said are the symptoms to which I have none of so hoping it’s not, was just really unexpected as I have no signs of a UTI either.

Fx it’s nothing, just a hint of a uti maybe. It’s so lovely hearing heartbeat! I wouldn’t worry yet, if you feel ok and bp is normal? X

I'm finishing up work 7th Feb, talking 1 week holiday then start my mat leave on 17th Feb at 37 wks plus 4. I am going back to work 5th Jan 2021 part time at 2 days a week for 3 months using my annual leave and I fully I tend to find a new job before that runs out as my work won't let me go part time. My mat leave pay is crap so trying save about 8k for making it more comfortable, only saved 4k so far though... Ooopsy

Do we enter 2nd tri in week 27 or 28?

I'm 25 plus 2 today. Counting down the days till my 28 weeks growth scan. Its been the longest gap I've had between scans.

I am due back in work 26th Feb 2021. I think I'm going to use holidays to go back part time too - 4 days a week for the first 6 months.

Our mat leave pay is pretty good for the first 6 months but I'm also saving as much as I can to get through the last 6! I spent very little on mat leave last time though so fingers crossed we'll manage!

Ahh I'm jealous of ladies having scans at 28 weeks. 26+2 here and itll be about 14 weeks till I see my LB again haha.

I think tri 3 is 28 but happy to be corrected...

Some sites say 27, some 28! Either way it’s not too far away for you!!
I’m 23 weeks tomorrow.
I went down to 4 days after ds so I’ll be going back to the same. Need to save annual leave for his school holidays.

well done on the savings @Alexis2017 , I’ve not saved much at all but we’ll manage. I’m more concerned about the childcare cost when I go back to work! But I’m building up a little bank of childcare vouchers now to help with that.

Got another bargain yesterday, passed Laura Ashley and only went in because mum was with me, found curtains and light shade for nursery well reduced...£23.50!!! Hadn’t really even been looking but they’re lovely and at that price I wasn’t going to leave them. Started clearing out a bit too in preparation to decorate. Exciting!

I am due back in work 26th Feb 2021. I think I'm going to use holidays to go back part time too - 4 days a week for the first 6 months.

Our mat leave pay is pretty good for the first 6 months but I'm also saving as much as I can to get through the last 6! I spent very little on mat leave last time though so fingers crossed we'll manage!

Ahh I'm jealous of ladies having scans at 28 weeks. 26+2 here and itll be about 14 weeks till I see my LB again haha.

I think tri 3 is 28 but happy to be corrected...

I've only got scans 28 weeks cos I was IVF and consultant led. This is biggest gap between scans I have had and will have but coping not bad. Only had 1 wobble when I phoned maternity assessment worrying. They won't let ivf babies go past due date and if growth is slowed they will C section early if needed. Ive got scans at 32 and 34 too Hoping all measuring okay,

I've only got scans 28 weeks cos I was IVF and consultant led. This is biggest gap between scans I have had and will have but coping not bad. Only had 1 wobble when I phoned maternity assessment worrying. They won't let ivf babies go past due date and if growth is slowed they will C section early if needed. Ive got scans at 32 and 34 too Hoping all measuring okay,

We get a growth scan at 28 weeks too because of me having low PAPP-A. Our scan is on christmas eve so itll be nice to see our little girl before Christmas.

Morning everyone!

Hope you're all doing ok! Cant believe I only have 15 weeks left, its flying by xxx

Hey Becky! Good to hear from you. Hope all going well.

@Nattles33 , what a lovely Christmas present!

mat leave will all be sorted next week. Been ironing out benefits with hr. so much better than where I worked with ds. Just need to work out hols then it’s all done and dusted! Might actually get an extra week or so too unless they let me carry some holidays over but I think I have to take them all together. have to use some before I go off too so might do half days or short weeks in the run up to finishing.

Bump is getting big now! But definitely getting stretching pains which isn’t nice. Kicks getting stronger every day, she’s a feisty one!

I know can’t wait to see our little girl before Christmas @Niknaknoo

16 weeks left for us. It’s flying over now. Although I’m looking forward to being into single figures haha.
I’m getting light twinges in my lower tummy as I did in earlier pregnancy so I’m thinking stretching pains too?

I think I’ve felt a few flutters and kicks but nothing I can see yet!

This might be a bit too much info but is anyone leaking urine when they sneeze/ cough? I’ve got a cold at the moment and every time I sneeze or cough a bit of wee dribbles out :shakehead: I’m going to mention it to midwife on Tuesday xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back