** March 2020 Mamas **

I have I’m new here I’m 17 will be 18 May 2 I currently have a 1 year old done who will turn 2 on June 6 I’m currently also 11 weeks pregnant and I’m due May 29th which is my graduation day for high school and I’m nervous because I’m scared of what others would say about me having another child like idk what to do I just really need support right now

You look gorgeous @Alexis2017! Definitely got the pregnancy glow. Hope you had the best day.

Hi @Sharrissa. This thread is for Mama's who are due in March of 2020. I think you may be best starting your own new thread and hopefully some people who've been in similar situations will be able to give some advice! GL

Thanks @Summerwine @Nattles33 and @Kitana

I couldn't sleep last night tossed and turned.i decided to get up and go see. My furbabies down stairs and now sitting on the couch! Baby kicks me all night long!

Hope your all having a nice wknd. Its really sad about Mothercare eh? I worked there part time many years ago when I was a student, now mamas and papas seems in trouble too? Eekk

Hope you had a great day @Alexis2017 , it looks like you did! And a lovely scan pic too!
it sure is sad about the baby shops, the big mother cares that I used with ds closed a couple of years back so they’ve probably been in trouble for some time.

Baby girl is really starting to wriggle now! So glad I’m starting to feel more again. Oh got his first kick this weekend too! Ds still waiting. Keeps coming and asking if she will kick him. So cute. just ordered a book for him about becoming a big brother too, ‘the new baby’ from usborne books. Wonder if I’ll be able to hold on and give it to him in his Christmas stocking!

how is everyone this week?

Hello everyone, got my second 20 week scan last week. Relief.. Lovely sonographer, really gentle and explained everything to me. I'm so much happier and gave me free pictures.

Baby looks so much like my little boy lol.. My mum and dad think it looks like a girl (bum end on another pic looks flat) but I think boy hiding his bits.

My tummy is so painful.. Really bad finding it hard to lift my boy. I never had this with DS, I have a ikea long pillow that's helped a bunch but buying a proper one next week. My Bumps tiny still :-(, I need to upload a pic.

@Alexis2017 Lovely pics hun xxx

a>

IMG_20191106_193803.jpg

Glad all was well for your scan @SpiritedAway! I know what you mean about bump pain, mine keeps going all hard and heavy feeling. I dont remember this with my first at all.... a tiny bump sounds good. You'll probably be wishing it was smaller in another month or so!

@Summerwine Thank you xx Yes this is the same as me, think I had braxton hicks a few days ago as it kept going rock hard and it left me very sore. It feels heavy and achey and goes into the groin.

Ah i love a big bump lol.. I was really sad with DS cause I didn't go big until 30 weeks plus. Looks like it's the same here.

Last edited:
@Niknaknoo Thank you xx so much better, lovely calm lady. My pics before were all blurred. Sadly DH couldn't come as he had DS working from home so might do a 4d scan x

Hey ladies - hope everyone is well! It's been a bit quiet the last couple of days.

I had my 24 week appointment this morning and got my MatB1 form for work, so been filling in the forms to request my maternity leave. Midwife had a good listen to the heartbeat too which was lovely. I've got low blood pressure again this time but was the same with my first so I'm not worried about it. All looking well aside from that. I've still not gained much weight and I'm 25 weeks tomorrow, it's just flying now.

Midwife asked me where I was planning on giving birth this morning and I just cant decide! I have the choice between a midwifery led unit at hospital 1, labour ward at hospital 2 or home birth. Anyone else already know what they are doing?

hiya!
I have midwife tomorrow for 21 week appointment, hoping to get my matb1 too. Flu and whooping vaccs too :-?
I’ve put on more weight than I’d like, but have gone from cycling too and from work and gym 3/4 times a week to very little activity! I’ve been getting a sore back when I overdo it which is a pain.
I will be going to the hospital, hopefully on the midwife led unit but will depend on how it goes! That’s what I wanted with ds but as I was induced I had to be monitored so was in a more ‘hospital’ environment. I needed theatre stitches after ds so very glad I chose hospital otherwise I’d have been ambulanced there anyway after giving birth and separated from ds!

Trying to figure out how I’m going to sleep tonight after getting vaccs in both arms! Neither side is particularly comfy :sad:
On the plus side I got a v cushion in ikea for a tenner.
Midwife had to hold baby in place today to get heartbeat on doppler, said she’s being a diva already...

Aww no @Niknaknoo. I also had my jabs on the same day and remember having 2 dead arms well :sad: hope the midwife went well though!

I'm so torn with the choices. I was induced with #1 too so ended up giving birth on my back hooked up to machines and then off to ward afterwards. I am really hoping that isn't the case this time! I'm leaning toward aiming for a home birth purely because home is closer to the hospital than the midwife led unit is - and criteria for home birth and midwife unit are the same... so much to think about though!

Trying to figure out how I’m going to sleep tonight after getting vaccs in both arms! Neither side is particularly comfy :sad:
On the plus side I got a v cushion in ikea for a tenner.
Midwife had to hold baby in place today to get heartbeat on doppler, said she’s being a diva already...

I had the same issue few weeks ago was sor eon both arms for a good few days. Hope it eases off for you soon x

Hi ladies. How is everyone?

Just wondering how soon before baby is due is everyone planning on starting their mat leave?
Im getting my forms at my midwife appoingment on 3rd december.

No kicks for me yet 22 + 4 today. Doesn't help that i carry weight around my middle and also have an anterior placenta. Hopefully feel strong kicks in the coming weeks xx

Hiya! All good here thanks. How are you feeling? I’m sure you’ll get kicks soon enough.

I got my forms on Friday so just trying to work it all out. I know my return to work date will be 4th Jan 2021, the day my son goes back to school after the holidays. But waiting for confirmation on my holiday allowance for next year and whether I get bank holidays back to decide exactly when to finish. Will probably be early March, 2-3 weeks before due date. Then I should get paid at least something the entire time even if it’s only the measly £148 a week that is stat pay. Better than nothing though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back