** March 2020 Mamas **

Hey alexis, hope you're feeling less anxious and better about going back to work now you're actually back. I'm following your journey and so excited that you're feeling kicked and wiggles its the best.

For the car seat question I'd ask your hospital cuz no one even checked us leaving when I had my dd. I swear we could have chucked her in a Tesco bag and they'd not have noticed haha we had a car seat in the hospital room and carried her out in it but if you've a static one I'd not go to the expense of a second one xx

Evening ladies, sorry I’ve been quiet. Busy period at work and just had a few days off visiting relatives, which was fab.

So exciting reading that you’re all feeling flutters and kicks. I’m 19 weeks today and have an anterior placenta. I think I’ve felt flutters 2/3 times but nothing overly strong just yet.

Still looking thick round the waist/stomach rather than a jump just yet.

My pregnancy is consultant lead and I’ve been given 3 extra scans to keep an eye on baby, at 28, 32 and 36 weeks. Can’t wait for 20w scAn on 6th November.

I think we have agreed on a name ... Oscar Charles ...

How’s everyone else getting on? X

Hi @SesameSeed
I am also consultant led and get extra scans due to having low PAPP-A. From 28 weeks i will get scans every 4 weeks to check on babies growth.

I'm getting my 20 weeks scan on 6th November too. One week to go til we get to see our babies again :baby:

Well done on choosing a name!
We haven’t talked names much, we did get the name book out a couple of weeks ago - didn’t get very far! but I’m keen on Thea and oh seems to like it too so not set in stone but fx he doesn’t change his mind and decide he doesn’t like it!

I’m anterior too and struggling with the fact I’m feeling less now than I was a couple of weeks ago! But whenever I do start worrying about it I tend to get a little nudge like she’s sayin it’s ok I’m still here! :wave:
20w scan on Monday for me! And got my whooping cough and flu booked in finally on the 15th!
Belly has been a bit sore today, I think from stretching. Not hugely painful or anything just a little uncomfortable.

Hello everyone, been a while! 20 weeks today and I had my scan this week.

Well it's been hard lol.. I got a chest infection so coughing made bump really sore and then I had my scan and the sonographer couldn't get a good look at baby (baby was in a bad position right into the corner of womb and facing my spine). So I have to go back to be rescanned.

I won't lie I came out really down and upset in the evening, she has absolutely hurt me with the pushing and I have brusies on my bump. When we went in she made a comment about DS making noise so DH said I can take him out now and she said yes that's best (which I can understand if he was screaming but all he was saying was mummy) but fair enough she said DH could come in at end but she never asked him to. Whole scan she huffed and puffed about babies position, even rolling her eyes at one point.

I feel really sad about it. Didn't go the way we wanted at all as I kinda consider those scans a special moment where we see baby and my bump is very sore. Think she let slip what we're having too, I just feel deflated :(.

Well it's been hard lol.. I got a chest infection so coughing made bump really sore and then I had my scan and the sonographer couldn't get a good look at baby (baby was in a bad position right into the corner of womb and facing my spine). So I have to go back to be rescanned.

I won't lie I came out really down and upset in the evening, she has absolutely hurt me with the pushing and I have brusies on my bump. When we went in she made a comment about DS making noise so DH said I can take him out now and she said yes that's best (which I can understand if he was screaming but all he was saying was mummy) but fair enough she said DH could come in at end but she never asked him to. Whole scan she huffed and puffed about babies position, even rolling her eyes at one point.

I feel really sad about it. Didn't go the way we wanted at all as I kinda consider those scans a special moment where we see baby and my bump is very sore. Think she let slip what we're having too, I just feel deflated :(.

Oh wauw that is a horrible experience! I'm so sorry for you!! I have my 20 week scan in about two weeks and I just changed prenatal care cos I was so upset with my other clinic..... this is such a special time, I dont want anyone ruining it!

That’s a real pain! I’m sorry to hear you had a bad experience. But you get to see bubs again! Can you ask for someone different next time? I’d absolutely feed back to the hospital how you feel. it might be that the Sonographer was just having a crappy day but that is no excuse.

You’re half way now!! Eeek!

Thank you both <3 I dunno I know I'm probably being over sensitive cause of emotions but I feel a bit shitty still.

@Robec Sadly stuck where I am, I mean I'm not 100% with this hospital, I had a bad time during labour with DS. But I'm going to it's sister hospital this time.

@Niknaknoo I dunno if I can, this hospital is falling apart anyway. Since DS they've halfed the staff here, it's changed in how they operate (labour ward is now closed, I'm traveling 45 mins to another hospital) and I only saw sonographer on the day. She was pissy.. There were 3 of us waiting, and she just gave off vibe she was having a shit day.

Maybe I should of been more clear she was hurting me, I was wincing and saying ow at points. I think we'll do a 4d, to make me feel a bit better. Anyway, I know mad isn't it? It's gone so quick this time for me, racing by x

I get extra growth scans top due to being ivf so next one is 28 weeks then not sure what after that.

Got my 22 week midwife appt tmrw and get my mat b1 form too. I have my baby shower 1 week on Saturday same day I have my 23 week 4d scan. I'm getting one of those heartbeat bears too.

I think 23 weeks is eaely for a baby shower but my friends ha e organised ot at a surprise venue and did it all. But in all honestly I'm glad it's sooner as I can't even eat my dinner at night due to the acid relfux and wind and burn I get and I know it's only going to get worse so want to try enjoy the lunch etc

Oh exciting! It’s a nice time to have a baby shower. Hope you get some useful gifts, will save you having to buy some things.

Got my 20 week scan on Monday! almost half way now!:cheer:
I’m definitely feeling more uncomfortable this time, hoping the 2nd half goes quickly.

Hello everyone!

Just thought I’d post an update as I haven’t in a while. I’m nearly halfway and got my 20 week scan on Monday too! :) Hope everything is okay. Our boy is such a wriggler now, I can feel him everyday! No proper kicks yet though. My partner is desperate to feel him! Suffering from bad heartburn at the moment and it’s awful. Work has been hectic but I have 5 days off now to relax!​

Hi there everyone! I love reading reading updates from other expecting mums :)
But somehow I dont feel pregnant.... like in the beginning I was sick every day, that went away at 12 weeks and now... I just feel overweight with aching boobs and I am wondering if it is really just me? Maybe that's why I'm so desperate to start feelings kicks. Like, I know she is there because I have seen her on an ultrasound but other than that, I just dont feel pregnant and it already makes me feel like I am doing something wrong.
I bought her first tiny outfit about two weeks ago and I hung the little jacket next to mine in the closet as a small reminder that yepp, she is real!
I'm almost 19 weeks now, 20th ultrasound is on the 11th. And in a way I am still scared to allow her to be real. I am just so scared something is going to go wrong. And I guess decorating a nursery would help but I cant do that because we have to move about a month before she is born.... :( yepp, great timing!

Haha, yes, I just got very real here, sorry girls! It just helps to vent sometimes.

Good luck for all the 20 week scans this week. Enjoy ladies. Can’t wait to my bubba on Wednesday.

Robec - I’m also not feeling very pregnant. So always excited to see my baby on screen and listens to his heartbeat xx

Ooh lots of scans this week! Super exciting. Cant wait to hear about them all!

I'm not feeling pregnant either - but I am HUGE. Absolutely huge. I got on the scales this morning and its still showing as a 3lb gain all in, but I swear this baby must be taking weight from elsewhere.

That sounds tough moving so late in pregnancy @Robec! But baby will be in your room for the first few months anyway so no crazy rush on the nursery.

An exciting weekend for you next week @Alexis2017!

I'm counting down to friday now as I will be 24 weeks then, which feels like the last BIG milestone before due date now. :cheer:

Hope everyone's 20 week scans coming up go well and won't be long till yiu feel those movements and kicks. I'm almost 23 weeks and feel loads now espesh at night time.

Another rubbish wknd oncall for me. I got FIVE referals, luckily only 2 required me to go and do procedures but meant I was out both sat and sun and never stopped taking calls when I was back home. Worked through my days off yet again so 90 hours this time when I get a day off on Friday.... I'm so tired I was crying last night like a total emotional wreck. I jsit feel so trapped when oncall as if you say you can't do it or need help it's your work colleagues your letting down and you feel like crap so you just suck it up and do it but it's so hard.

Trying to focus on the fact I'm getting my hair done Friday and then 4d scan on sat and baby shower after it. Really can't wait for it. I just need to get through a 10 HR shift next 3 days and also hope no calls come in at night time till I finish oncall thur morn.

Feeling lots of kick from the wee man and have stopped eating my dinner at night and just having a snack as the acid reflux is a killer and making me feel sick.

Half way!! Woohoo!! Scan went well this morning, all looks as it should. Can’t get over how big baby is now, she was stretched out, head down and legs way up on the other side! Definitely no willy!
Sonographer didn’t mention placenta again...and I completely forgot to ask!

C1827888-C67E-4DF1-BA10-3EECF3E7F06B.jpeg 30EE5F72-F121-45F6-9DEC-F27BC6D4E97A.jpeg

Hope everyone's 20 week scans coming up go well and won't be long till yiu feel those movements and kicks. I'm almost 23 weeks and feel loads now espesh at night time.

Another rubbish wknd oncall for me. I got FIVE referals, luckily only 2 required me to go and do procedures but meant I was out both sat and sun and never stopped taking calls when I was back home. Worked through my days off yet again so 90 hours this time when I get a day off on Friday.... I'm so tired I was crying last night like a total emotional wreck. I jsit feel so trapped when oncall as if you say you can't do it or need help it's your work colleagues your letting down and you feel like crap so you just suck it up and do it but it's so hard.

Trying to focus on the fact I'm getting my hair done Friday and then 4d scan on sat and baby shower after it. Really can't wait for it. I just need to get through a 10 HR shift next 3 days and also hope no calls come in at night time till I finish oncall thur morn.

Feeling lots of kick from the wee man and have stopped eating my dinner at night and just having a snack as the acid reflux is a killer and making me feel sick.
Sorry to hear work is so tough. Can you talk to them again? I’m sure your colleagues understand that growing a human is a huge thing for a body to go through!

Wow that sounds tough! I can not imagine having such a high demanding job while pregnant! But honestly though; growing a human being must have first priority for everyone that cares about you - including co-workers! If they can't handle a 'no' now and then, they really aren't too concerned about your well-being.

Somehow I feel lucky now that I have a meaningless job in retail that I could quit at any time...... but stay strong!!

Ooh lots of scans this week! Super exciting. Cant wait to hear about them all!

I'm not feeling pregnant either - but I am HUGE. Absolutely huge. I got on the scales this morning and its still showing as a 3lb gain all in, but I swear this baby must be taking weight from elsewhere.

That sounds tough moving so late in pregnancy @Robec! But baby will be in your room for the first few months anyway so no crazy rush on the nursery.

An exciting weekend for you next week @Alexis2017!

I'm counting down to friday now as I will be 24 weeks then, which feels like the last BIG milestone before due date now. :cheer:

So glad I'n not the only one 'not' feeling pregnant! I have the same thing with my weight.... I keep growing but the number on the scale really stays the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back